JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sent my Form 4 for an AAC Element 2 to ATF a day before the govt shutdown. I heard that, despite the fact that they are funded by the tax stamp fees and all government sections covered by fees were required to remain open, they stopped accepting any new applications until after the government reopened. I figured I'd call in Jan and see how things were going.

I want to pick up a Gemtech HALO as well but, I heard they were backordered like 7-9 months from Gemtech. So 9 months from gemtech, then another 7 -9 months from BATFE. A year and a half to buy a can when I'm a perfectly legal citizen that doesn't want to damage my hearing further than when I was in the Marines. =/

I heard that, despite the fact that they are funded by the tax stamp fees and all government sections covered by fees were required to remain open, they stopped accepting any new applications until after the government reopened.

I don't believe the ATF/NFA branch is funded by the tax stamp fees. The tax stamp money goes into the general fund.

I don't believe the ATF/NFA branch is funded by the tax stamp fees. The tax stamp money goes into the general fund.

Any chance they get to steal cash...If my silencer weren't $500 I'd throw it in Boston Harbor. Wait, I'd be fined by the EPA and arrested for littering. It's a good thing there was no EPA in the late 18th century.

I have yet to get any tax stamps as it seems severely complicated which is the goal I am sure.
Is there an easy how to on getting Tax stamps?

It is not complicated at all and there are easy to follow instructions on the forms. The only thing that complicates things is the BATF's mishandling and purposefully delaying the process.

It is not complicated at all and there are easy to follow instructions on the forms. The only thing that complicates things is the BATF's mishandling and purposefully delaying the process.
That's one of many under-the-radar ways this "administration" tramples on our 2A rights. There is no reason why BATFE should take any more time to process any NFA form than our local LEO takes to issue a CCW/CHL/etc to a citizen, especially when they are paid so well ($200 a pop) to have a top notch process.

Waiting on one more. Sent two form 1's in through eForms in September and just got the stamps today!! Waiting on one form 4 that was sent in October through eForms, maybe I'll get lucky and get it next month....

Sure wish the ATF would fix the bugs in their website though, it sucks. Have to use an old computer with IE8 or my iPhone to access it.

The last one is sitting on my coffee table, getting mailed out tomorrow. With that, my fourth item purchased in the past three months, my NFA shopping spree is complete.

Yeah, I thought I was done too at 4, but with the eForm system/Trust it is so easy to Form1 a lower!

Feb 2013 - filed non-profit Corp paperwork through C3
Aug 2013 - paperwork handled at Tech Branch and returned for whiteout
Dec 2013 - approved, and firearm picked up a week later (I have you, my precious....)

while at the dealer, I saw a F4 for an individual (non trust/corp) which had been approved, with
tax stamp.....which was lacking the individual's signature. photo and cleo signoff completed.
so it just gives you an idea that some things slip through in the applicant's favor

They must have just sent out a big batch of them to OR/WA because I got a call from my dealer today. My 1st stamp arrived and my SS Sparrow can be released from jail.

Check cashed Feb 2013
Stamp arrived December 2013

I didn't call to find out when it went pending.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top