JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AS a Detroit native and long-time resident of southern Michigan I can tell you that there IS a sort of :eek:institutionalised racism that goes along with being a patrol cop. Several of my family also worked in the cj system in one capacity or another and it wasnt unusual for racial slurs to come up at family gatherings. When my older sister married a decent black dude and raised a family, it sort of mellowed that scene out.
Call it what you will, deny it or blame the party involved, but overt racism does exist along with other prejudices in the patrol vehicle... Perhaps in the enlightened NW this is not so. If that is the case I hand it to you for solving one of the oppressing social issues of our day.

I've known several very liberal buddys become cops and I've seen this as well. I wonder if it's because African-Americans only make up a small percentage of the population (13% of the US currently) however, yet strangely they commit over 50% of the violent crimes. We (civilians) don't see it (hopefully ever), but cops are forced deal with the true reality daily OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER....BLAH BLAH.... And they often get in trouble for making a necessary and critical judgement call with much less than 1 second to do it. I'm not excusing bad cops, but the huge percentage are trying their best (OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER ALL DAY LONG) and deserve our support.

I guess this is akin to "Driving while being black".... Racial profiling should have no part of police work in a truly just society. Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 decided this decades ago, along with other issues. Other USC rulings have upheld the principle of liberty over the onerous use of police power over the decades as well.
Nothing like that at all....merely being stupid. When police yell STOP....you stop. "if you comply, you will not die"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top