JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Suicidal attempts are not always intended for ending life but crying for help. Statistically, men are more successful, because they choose a method that is more highly effective. More often than not, suicide coincides with depression, isolation, and a subsequent diminishing of perspective (and it's a cyclical, downward, spiral, as depression relates to more isolating and a greater loss of perspective). Suicide begins as a thought, and the methodology follows later. Guns do not inspire suicide but only offer the means to do it. BTW, from my professional experiences, most of the suicide victims over the years were not gun-related. There's a reason why we are relational beings, and becoming less relational is against our makeup. Men, however, are known for isolating more than women. According to Jourard, they have a greater propensity for isolating and invest a great deal of energy to do so. The natural question evolves into why the masculine gender does not lead in suicide? There is no logical answer to suicide or someone would have invented an anti-suicide vaccine, eh? Clearly, the anti-gun crowd are using every argument known to man as a case against firearms. I firmly believe that humanity WILL NEVER beat their weapons into plowshares and pruning hooks in this life. Such ideology is wonderful to consider but is the brainchild of those who have lost any real perspective of life! Incidentally, they are closer to committing suicide themselves and don't even know it!

mission-from-god-blues-brothers.jpg

You just perfectly illustrated the present-day anti-American ideology! I am not advocating for a certain religion, since our Constitution was meant to provide freedom from religion. With that said, there is an amoral society that has been rapidly forming over the last two decades. Sadly, it is making us less free rather than more!

Not freedom from, freedom of. Big difference.

BTW, from my professional experiences, most of the suicide victims over the years were not gun-related.

Yeah I got into this conversation with a young lad in my office. He said owning guns meant you were more likely to use them in a suicide. I responded by telling him my friend from high school just turned on a car in a closed up garage to do it, so I'm pretty sure they would just use the next most convenient tool.

He didn't say much after that. Correlation does not equal causation, I need a t-shirt with that written on it.

Not freedom from, freedom of. Big difference.
I meant exactly what I said, although, it is both/and. The Founder's of the Constitution greatly desired for religion to not exercise any control over American citizens (i.e. telling us what to believe or not believe). So, freedom from as well as freedom of religion (to practice adherence to or avoidance of any religion of my choosing). Today, we have another religious ideology, Naturalism (advanced by the scientific community insisting that we believe there is no God, we descended from apes, our planet is billion of years old, Climate Change, Globalism, etc.), imposing it's will among the American people. Please don't misunderstand me, if someone wishes to believe those things, they are free to do so, just don't mandate or legislate that I should believe that BS! Because I live in this Republic, I have the freedom to reject such ideology as bogus, do I not?

I meant exactly what I said, although, it is both/and. The Founder's of the Constitution greatly desired for religion to not exercise any control over American citizens (i.e. telling us what to believe or not believe). So, freedom from as well as freedom of religion (to practice adherence to or avoidance of any religion of my choosing). Today, we have another religious ideology, Naturalism (advanced by the scientific community insisting that we believe there is no God, we descended from apes, our planet is billion of years old, Climate Change, Globalism, etc.), imposing it's will among the American people. Please don't misunderstand me, if someone wishes to believe those things, they are free to do so, just don't mandate or legislate that I should believe that BS! Because I live in this Republic, I have the freedom to reject such ideology as bogus, do I not?

"Of" covers atheist and agnostic view points.

Yeah I got into this conversation with a young lad in my office. He said owning guns meant you were more likely to use them in a suicide. I responded by telling him my friend from high school just turned on a car in a closed up garage to do it, so I'm pretty sure they would just use the next most convenient tool.

He didn't say much after that. Correlation does not equal causation, I need a t-shirt with that written on it.
I totally agree, something will always be the catalyst to suicide! Yesterday, someone allegedly drove a vehicle into a propane tank and ended their natural life. I would much rather someone committed suicide with a gun, etc. than use a car with the potential to take out others. I think most on this forum realize guns are not the problem, it is government legislating our lives until there's nothing left to govern!!!

Last Edited:
Lets' get back on topic please.

Religious and non-firearm political content is prohibited
We are a single-issue organization, focused solely on bringing people together in support of the 2nd Amendment. Religious and political content is inherently divisive, working against the very goals of our organization. This includes news-related content that our staff believes may cause division. This rule applies to the site in its entirety, including the Off Topic section.

It is important to note that firearm-related political content is not prohibited. However, clear attempts to fabricate this relation may be considered a rule violation.

1st and only warning for this thread.

Oh dear ... I couldn't make it too far into that video before turning it off. I'll leave it at that. That said, if they voluntarily want to do so with their own guns, that's not my concern, even if I find it misguided. They just can't do it to mine. :s0121:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top