JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
China builds to the quality level they get paid to build at . They can put out incredibly high quality product that are beyond our capabilities to produce or they can put out schlock at the cheapest price point. They dont care. Theyre just concerned with keeping people employed.
Granted, there are some foreign (foreign to China) companies that manufacture in China, and still put out a quality product. These are invariably companies who have full-time employees onsite at these factories keeping a close eye on things. The minute you turn your back, they will "cost reduce" the product, almost always noticeably reducing the quality/performance of the product. This is, unfortunately, ingrained in the culture, and will not soon go away.

Granted, there are some foreign (foreign to China) companies that manufacture in China, and still put out a quality product. These are invariably companies who have full-time employees onsite at these factories keeping a close eye on things. The minute you turn your back, they will "cost reduce" the product, almost always noticeably reducing the quality/performance of the product. This is, unfortunately, ingrained in the culture, and will not soon go away.
Thats why Apple locks them in and chains them to their workstation.

Speaking of Armorers' tools... does anyone know of any place that has these kind of tools in stock ?
AR15/M16 A2 rear sight elevation spring tool 080-000-079WB-AR-15_Rear_Sight_Elevation_Spring_Tool__62980.png 405723.jpg 425313.jpg

So that it doesn't need 2 people to install the rear A2 sight into the A2 upper.

Otherwise, I'll just get the complete A2 upper receiver from M&A Parts Inc as opposed to MMC Armory's Gauntlet A2 Starter kit which apparently doesn't include an installed rear sight but the sight assemblies comes with it

Speaking of Armorers' tools... does anyone know of any place that has these kind of tools in stock ?
AR15/M16 A2 rear sight elevation spring toolView attachment 1864577View attachment 1864578View attachment 1864579

So that it doesn't need 2 people to install the rear A2 sight into the A2 upper.

Otherwise, I'll just get the complete A2 upper receiver from M&A Parts Inc as opposed to MMC Armory's Gauntlet A2 Starter kit which apparently doesn't include an installed rear sight but the sight assemblies comes with it
I have a front takedown pin assembly tool, but that is because those are still relevant. Who uses A2 anything anymore? Some kinda gun snob collector?

I have a front takedown pin assembly tool, but that is because those are still relevant. Who uses A2 anything anymore? Some kinda gun snob collector?
Oh here I am arguing the relevance of the A2. If you are using the gun as intended with the peep sights then the A1 and A2 are superior to the A3 on models because the carry handle can actually be used as a carry handle. Some of use have no intention of throwing optics on a AR.

Oh here I am arguing the relevance of the A2. If you are using the gun as intended with the peep sights then the A1 and A2 are superior to the A3 on models because the carry handle can actually be used as a carry handle. Some of use have no intention of throwing optics on a AR.
What? No optics?! What kind of witchcraft is this?

Me, because I bought two PSA M16A2 Property marked joke lowers :s0140:

I built one into a 5.56 16" Mid-length A2 carbine similar to the Armalite and Rock River Arms Midlength police carbines available post-ban, and shown between a standard .223 Wylde M4 flat top converted to "mock" dissipator with Choate E2 stock, and a 12" 6.5 Grendel C7 SBR, both are on poverty pony lowers :s0140:

The Midlength uses a M&A Parts complete A2 upper receiver that came with sight installed. The C7 Grendel SBR uses a Brownells C7 upper and that A1 sight assembly was from Luth-AR, and I installed it myself, :p the Dissipator has a RRA Dominator 2 Eotech riser mount with A2/A4 style rear sight :s0064:

DSCF7218.JPG DSCF7528.JPG

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads