JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oregon Live noted that these folks came through town. In the vid, At 1:21 min in, the pastor notes: "2/3 of gun deaths are suicides".

Their efforts are misguided it appears to me. I acknowledge that suicide is horrific for the loved ones left behind, any suicide, any way it's done. As Christians, suicide is prohibited, seems a more effective way to stop the "2/3 of gun deaths are suicides" he calls out would be to work on that issue. If all guns were to disappear tomorrow, people would be forced to take pills and jump off bridges (etc etc) to kill themselves. Would we then stop producing beneficial drugs and tearing down bridges to reduce the suicide rate then? A focus on helping those who get depressed seems more appropriate.

Last Edited:
My best friend does intervention and was also a Chief with the PDX FD. He said most suicides he has dealt with were the result of humans hanging themselves.

In Canada, they use ropes, pills & pillows...

IMG_0997.PNG

I know my spirits would lift if the antis spent all their time gardening instead of going after the thing I cherrish most.

It's ok, my wife said the feeling is mutual.

Maybe they could make themselves into gardening tools.

Not only nuts pushing religion on people, but anti 2nd/freedom nuts too. And according to the graph, wrong on both counts.

Oregon Live noted that these folks came through town. In the vid, At 1:21 min in, the pastor notes: "2/3 of gun deaths are suicides".

Their efforts are misguided it appears to me. I acknowledge that suicide is horrific for the loved ones left behind, any suicide, any way it's done. As Christians, suicide is prohibited, seems a more effective way to stop the "2/3 of gun deaths are suicides" he calls out would be to work on that issue. If all guns were to disappear tomorrow, people would be forced to take pills and jump off bridges (etc etc) to kill themselves. Would we then stop producing beneficial drugs and tearing down bridges to reduce the suicide rate then? A focus on helping those who get depressed seems more appropriate.

King was all for defending himself
MLK and His Guns | HuffPost

I'm shocked that you guys haven't posted the most obvious solution to end suicide, no matter the means used to commit it.

Ban it. That's right, make it illegal. Totally against the law. Verboten.

That way, no one will do it. A simple solution.

P

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads