JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those people mindlessly beating on the glowing metal on the anvil in the vid reminds me of something I watched OVER 40 YEARS AGO of hippys clubbing harp seals (or whatever they were) in Alaska (If I remember) because they were a problem or something at the time - (someone jump in here if you remember) BUT the image is EXACTLY the same - mindless bearded hippys hammering away without any understanding - nothing more than robotic reaction.
AND this 'Shane Claiborne' is a 'Pastor' - looks more like a modern 'Jim Jones' to me.
This guy is a freak and needs to be watched carefully....
And don't forget - always the 'hippy' guitar music and song to accompany actions such as this - remember the same style of music and advertisement to herald in 'Obamacare' a few years ago...
This was TOTALLY staged and unrealistic with the way people were rolling their eyes, etc.
Stupid effing hippys - always hated them since I was a kid in the late 60s and still do - always questioned them and they have hated me as well!

Last Edited:
"Oregon Live noted that these folks came through town. In the vid, At 1:21 min in, the pastor notes: "2/3 of gun deaths are suicides".

The legislature is currently trying to expand government sanctioned suicide. So which is it? Is suicide good or bad? Or is government sanctioned suicide morally superior to regular old self inflicted suicide? I mean the idiots are trying to disarm us using suicide statistics and all,,

Those people mindlessly beating on the glowing metal on the anvil in the vid reminds me of something I watched OVER 40 YEARS AGO of hippys clubbing harp seals (or whatever they were) in Alaska (If I remember) because they were a problem or something at the time - (someone jump in here if you remember) BUT the image is EXACTLY the same - mindless hammering away without any understanding - nothing more than robotic reaction.
AND this 'Shane Claiborne' is a 'Pastor' - looks more like a modern 'Jim Jones' to me.
This guy is a freak and needs to be watched carefully....
And don't forget - always the 'hippy' guitar music and song to accompany actions such as this - remember the same style of music and advertisement to herald in 'Obamacare' a few years ago...
This was TOTALLY staged and unrealistic with the way people were rolling their eyes, etc.
Stupid effing hippys - always hated them since I was a kid in the late 60s and still do - always questioned them and they have hated me as well!

^^^

This!

Cate

Peace is achieved when one is afraid to attack for fear of retaliation.

Evil has always existed in the hearts and minds of men.

I'd love a day when I was never in need of a firearm for protection, only for sport.
I distinctly recall when my dad began locking the doors to our home. It was in the mid-60's, and I'm not exactly sure what triggered it. We lived in a relatively small city about the size of Bend, Oregon. Although my parents were God-fearing, they did not expect God to keep intruders out; hence, locked doors. Compared to now, times were relatively safe. I live presently in a fairly quiet suburb of Portland, but we have had reasons for alarm, and is why I purchased a shotgun for HD. In my lifetime, I have never witnessed such an escalation of stupidity as in the last few years. Yes, we grew up in an evil world, and it's gotten worse not better. There are those who vehemently disagree with me about society being more corrupt. I am not sure what planet they live on, but they actually consider life is safer. And, in their mind, it would be much safer if we turned our weapons into garden tools.

The only time I've thought I'm in a bad spot ,out numbered and I might need my Gun to save my hide is the very rare occasion I've left it at home .It is my buddy God reminding me to use the brains he installed in my skull and that he put them there for a reason and it's not gardening.
Yes, and it really irritates me to hear some state, if you truly had faith in God to protect you, you wouldn't feel a need for a gun! So, why even lock your car door or your home? I live in a small suburb of Portland (15,000 population), yet anyone who leaves their car unlocked is bound to have it rifled through in the middle of the night (the most prevalent crime in our town).

In my lifetime, I have never witnessed such an escalation of stupidity as in the last few years. Yes, we grew up in an evil world, and it's gotten worse not better. There are those who vehemently disagree with me about society being more corrupt. I am not sure what planet they live on, but they actually consider life is safer. And, in their mind, it would be much safer if we turned our weapons into garden tools.

Before Art Bell died almost exactly a year ago, he used a term he coined called The Quickening. He was of the belief that based on recent events and great leaps in technology, that our world is accelerating towards some giant changes that will be cataclysmic in nature. He used to refer to the obvious moral breakdowns in society as part of the signs of the coming upheavals.

Yes, and it really irritates me to hear some state, if you truly had faith in God to protect you, you wouldn't feel a need for a gun!

And I'm really trying to not introduce religious discussion into the thread again, but I will make a quick observation that is germane to the thread topic without proselytizing...

I was on the largest Christian forum there is and was shocked at the huge number of Christians that held extremely leftist and anti-gun views.

Conservative Christians would tirelessly show them scriptures that advocated for self-defense and owning weapons, but their hearts were hardened. And 100% of Christians from Europe were leftists. And the most leftist were in New Zealand and Australia.

But enough about that... The point is that leftism is taking over the world, no matter the race, gender, or religious view. It is devoid of common sense and compassion and is a cancer. It is slowly taking over gun forums as well. I see it slowly being tolerated on more and more forums and speaking against it is against the rules, which is exactly what it's proponents hope for. They thrive when discussion and debate is silenced and thwarted.

Some years ago, I graduated from Portland State University with a secular degree. In my studies, I happened to realize Bill Clinton immersed the US economy as a global partner in 2000, and the secularists viewed it as a significant turn of the century event! It was ginormous, and it is why we hear terms constantly used for the doom of the planet. I won't mention them specifically, but they have a very real connection to why all of the intensity against our 2nd Amendment right to bear arms. The anti-war and anti-gunners and anti-American sentiments are all the same. We can't have whirled peas until the US pursues globalism. A much bigger entity is tearing away at the fabric of our nation, and our 2nd Amendment gun rights are considered as out-dated. Many countries view the US as preventing the objective of whirled peas, because we want to cling to a 300 year old document that guarantees our right to bear arms. The concept of turning our weapons into garden tools seems innocent, but it is not! I don't have an agenda to convince others to buy guns, but neither do I want others demanding me to turn my guns in or face reprisal! Because of the intensity of politicians to pass tougher gun legislation, I question how many more years I have to even buy the gun of my choice. Perhaps some would accuse me of being an alarmist! However, when I see my son, a gun safety instructor in the military, forced by another state legal system to lock up his guns (based upon feelings and no legitimate threat), I realize we are REALLY in trouble!!! The legal system can take away my guns without Due Process! They can ban certain magazines, certain rifles, and certain ammunition, because they feel they pose a specific threat to the public! In Oregon, we have a Governor who intends to increase property taxes by 60% and wants Oregon to have much tougher gun laws. With a super-majority in Salem, will she succeed? If she increases property taxes by 60 percent, I may not even afford to live here and certainly won't be able to afford to make gun purchases. I have noticed the best way to pass anything in Oregon is the motivation of doing it in the best interest of our children and that is Governor Brown's intent!

Before Art Bell died almost exactly a year ago, he used a term he coined called The Quickening. He was of the belief that based on recent events and great leaps in technology, that our world is accelerating towards some giant changes that will be cataclysmic in nature. He used to refer to the obvious moral breakdowns in society as part of the signs of the coming upheavals.

There can be only one.

P

The message in this video had to do with morality by beating guns into peaceful objects as a higher functioning practice. What a joke!!! Here in the NW, there is a sign supposedly advocating love as the motivation for everything we do. Owning a gun, in their view, is not the loving approach. The new moral is love without rules. If guns offend me and hurt others, do the loving thing, love your fellow man, by surrendering your weapons.

I do believe this video, in part, speaks to this issue coming to a head. It concerns me that this country I love appears to be headed towards something ugly. I love the freedom we have, and I have no desire to live in any other country. I believe the majority of Americans will NEVER relinquish their right to bear arms. So, where does that leave us? I will refrain from commenting on what I think I or others may do; although, I fear where all of this is headed!

a140c5_1e44d3289b484d01af6f70c4f172ea35_mv2.png
By attaching this sign, I am in no way endorsing it.

Last Edited:
They better be careful, there was that anti gun politician in Virginia that made a big production about chopping up an AR-15 on video and inadvertently created an illegal SBR. Want more laws but won't bother to follow the complicated ones we already have.

Japan has a higher suicide rate and no guns. Seems to me that guns aren't the issue regarding suicide.
Excellent point - how do we know that Japan's high suicide rate isn't related to that societies' social and legal restrictions on personal liberties (gun restrictions included)? How many deaths by suicide is too many before these monsters relax their gun laws?

Oregon Live noted that these folks came through town. In the vid, At 1:21 min in, the pastor notes: "2/3 of gun deaths are suicides".

Their efforts are misguided it appears to me. I acknowledge that suicide is horrific for the loved ones left behind, any suicide, any way it's done. As Christians, suicide is prohibited, seems a more effective way to stop the "2/3 of gun deaths are suicides" he calls out would be to work on that issue. If all guns were to disappear tomorrow, people would be forced to take pills and jump off bridges (etc etc) to kill themselves. Would we then stop producing beneficial drugs and tearing down bridges to reduce the suicide rate then? A focus on helping those who get depressed seems more appropriate.
I wonder if using the bible to pursue an anti-gun agenda is a sin, in and of itself?

And yet... enough people seem to by just fine with assisted suicide... freedom to choose, and all that. :rolleyes:

Yeah the libs are behind pushing Assisted Suicide, Killing Unborn Children... But yeah suicide by gun is a fixation because they will use any excuse to ban guns because it's part of the end-game objective. For liberal leadership it's all about getting society to build dependency on government. They are engineering a dependency system, you can see it in sanctuary cities. They figure they will never be de-throned when their constituents are absolutely dependent on their government services. It's a big money pull for international banks also. Big govt. infrastructure investments into a police/surveillance state is the future of liberal rule. They will ban knives eventually: anything that causes their citizens fear, because you can't have fears in a perfect society.. Freedom cannot coexist with government dependency and bureaucracy: choose a side and be prepared to fight for your future.

Gr8r Hunter said: "Naturalism (advanced by the scientific community insisting that we believe there is no God, we descended from apes"...,
No one in the "scientific community" says that "man descended from apes"- the only people who DO make the claim are Creationists in an attempt to disparage and undermine the findings of scientists which blow their "6-day Creationism" out of the argument entirely. The scientific argument is that humans and certain of the apes descended from a common ancestor which split @6-7 million years ago. Again, the claim that scientists say that humanity descended from apes is a creationist:eek: LIE.
FWIW, the only reason I responded to this is the fact and one of my majors in college was anthropology... and yes the science has advanced a good bit from the LSB Leakey days and I have kept up as well as one can with the new discoveries.;) Each new discovery advances the science and causes revision of theories based on the new evidence.

Last Edited:
My favorite Clint Eastwood quote- "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it" .. And another I can't help inserting- "Participation in a gun buy-back program because you think criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids". We need more celebs like this man. May he live long and prosper!

Oregon Live noted that these folks came through town. In the vid, At 1:21 min in, the pastor notes: "2/3 of gun deaths are suicides".

Their efforts are misguided it appears to me. I acknowledge that suicide is horrific for the loved ones left behind, any suicide, any way it's done. As Christians, suicide is prohibited, seems a more effective way to stop the "2/3 of gun deaths are suicides" he calls out would be to work on that issue. If all guns were to disappear tomorrow, people would be forced to take pills and jump off bridges (etc etc) to kill themselves. Would we then stop producing beneficial drugs and tearing down bridges to reduce the suicide rate then? A focus on helping those who get depressed seems more appropriate.
I agree, that prevention is not taking the firearm from those who are not involved in the act. Even if it were, determined people will find a way. Suicide by cop even if firearms wouldn't be available, and automobiles just be a more common method. If I'm not mistaken, a doctor may write a prescription for end of life drugs for a known fatal disease that is certain death. You just are not going to stop mental health and determined someone's suicide with a law pasted making it illegal.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top