JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What you guys need is a big movie about some nice yuppies from California who come to the northwest and get terrorized by backwoods yokels.
Deliverance still makes yankees think twice about coming to the south.

Have you been to the South lately? Charlotte is New New York and Florida is a suburb of New Jersey. Atlanta got lost a long time ago.

hunting high cascade buck in early season lets you meet many people on the PCT.
I have had several occasions where people stop and give me a lecure on guns and hunting. So open carry is an invitation to a conversation. Of course it was a rifle so hard to conceal. I just stand there and say nothing back or just keep walking . Usually after a minute they give up and mumble as they walk on.

Last Edited:
hunting high cascade buck in early season lets you meet many people on the PCT.
I have had several occasions where people stop and give me a lecure on guns and hunting. So open carry is an invitation to a conversation. Of course it was a rifle so hard to conceal. I just stand there and say nothing back or just keep walking . Usually after a minute they give up and mumale as they walk on.
F'm

I've never felt the need to carry on a day hike, it would just be dead/awkward weight to me.
The first time I was ever shot at I was 16 and on a quick evening hunt with my older brother. We were in the woods up Rocky Point Road outside of Scappoose. 3 guys, unproked in any way and whose presence we were unaware of, fired around 30 shots at us. They only paused when my brother fired off 3 rounds before we crawled back to the paved road and contacted law enforcement. 2 of the guys were felons, all the firearms were stolen. Never before that day did I think anything like that would ever happen. Never do I go into the woods anymore unless I have a firearm, or dead weight as you put it.

I don't know how the law has changed over the years, but long ago it was legal in Oregon to carry a concealed handgun without a permit if you were hunting, fishing, or prospecting. Anyone know if that's still true?

***I AM NOT A LAWYER, I JUST HAVE A GOOGLE MACHINE***

2015 ORS 166.260

(1)ORS 166.250 (Unlawful possession of firearms) does not apply to or affect:

(3) Except for persons who are otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm under ORS 166.250 (Unlawful possession of firearms) (1)(c) or 166.270 (Possession of weapons by certain felons), ORS 166.250 (Unlawful possession of firearms) does not apply to or affect:

(a) Members of any club or organization, for the purpose of practicing shooting at targets upon the established target ranges, whether public or private, while such members are using any of the firearms referred to in ORS 166.250 (Unlawful possession of firearms) upon such target ranges, or while going to and from such ranges.

(b)Licensed hunters or fishermen while engaged in hunting or fishing, or while going to or returning from a hunting or fishing expedition.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top