JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So Oregon and Washington don't offer reciprocity ?
Oregon doesn't recognize any other state's permits. Washington does, but naturally not Oregon. Utah is a popular option for Oregon residents that is recognized by Washington, but I live 20 minutes from the nearest Washington sheriff's office, so i just got my Washington permit.

We both resolutely believe in the importance of the 2A, and agreed, it would be a horrible mistake to lose that privilege because Oregon is such a friggin' stupid state with no reciprocity.

Our Congressmen are against reciprocity because they think that Oregon would give up their right to regulate. When I brought up the fact that errant Oregon citizens who were out hunting could cross into the PDRC accidentally and face felony charges, they were silent. They don't care about the citizens, just their power. I really wish they'd stop reelecting incumbents, else we'll never have change.

some years ago i was in the southern sierras on Breckenridge Mt came across this sign......

IMG_20130327_143820_461.jpg

told my wife i guess shooting people outside of this area was fine then..

Our Congressmen are against reciprocity because they think that Oregon would give up their right to regulate. When I brought up the fact that errant Oregon citizens who were out hunting could cross into the PDRC accidentally and face felony charges, they were silent. They don't care about the citizens, just their power. I really wish they'd stop reelecting incumbents, else we'll never have change.
What's PDRC stand for?

Oregon sucks because it was Californiated. Look at all the tards in Portland and Eugene and Ashland. Just like L.A and the San Francisco bay area.

I was reading an interview with my ex wife ( a somewhat famous Rock guitarist ) once who stated that she moved up to Portland from the Bay Area because "Poor people werent discriminated against in Oregon". One of many reasons I chose to leave Oregon.

I now live in Idaho and the city Tards are Californiating this state. Help the homeless ,help the druggies,free food for the fat kids, make parks for the lazy people that need to be entertained etc.

I live in the Yakima valley. Recently went on an MC ride to Salem. Came home via OR26 and OR35 around the south and east sides of Mt. Hood. On the way down I disarmed in The Dalles and unoaded and locked my weapon in my tour pack. (That's the trunk, for those less fortunate souls constrained to 4 wheels) Re-armed on the way back into WA. Didn't like it, never like it, it's enough to generally keep me from going to OR in the first place. On a trip like that, collectively we'll sometimes spend 4 or 5 hundred dollars in a weekend. Most of the time that money goes to places in WA or ID. Be interesting to know how much revenue is lost due to people like me choosing to travel elsewhere. Probably not much.....

i open carry in the woods, usually have too much gear on to conceal carry. i coule give a rats behind on what some californians think if my pistol. theres bears, wolves, cougars and all sorts of crazy people in the woods that could kill me... atleast i'll have means for my self preservation.

When he put it in his backpack he was still carrying concealed without a permit though.
Yes, and we told him that, though cited the advantage, no one will know it's there. Had I advised him properly, I'd have suggested he clear it and keep the magazines with another person in the party.
Like has been said many times in this thread, people are stupid. Get their knickers in a twist when they see someone legally carrying, but don't think much about the criminals who do carry, because they cannot see it. 9-1-1 is gonna save them....

I moved up here from Ca 2 years ago and brought with me 3 other voting conservatives that believe in the 2nd amendment. We are raising my grand babies to love America and all of our rights guaranteed under the Bill of Rights.

Met up with someone on a trail on Mt. Hood today, and noted he was carrying concealed. Being a volunteer wilderness steward, I commented, "I see you are carrying concealed. You are under no obligation to answer, but do you have a concealed carry permit for that?"
He responds, "I only have a WA permit, not Oregon."
So my partner and I advise him that here in the Kommie Republik or Portland, people get rattled and may call him in on his weapon. We remind him, the downside of that happening could be the loss of his right to carry.
He shifts it to a pack, much to our relief.
If you're reading this, thank you.
We meant it when we thanked you for carrying, and your support of the 2nd Amendment.

While I'm happy to tell people who might comment on my carrying, GFY, I don't want to be in the position of having to do it because I'm careless.
Be smart, know the laws, carry safely and discretely.
Well, I know that I will likely be excoriated for this, but I would carry concealed anyway. I have spent much of my life hiking/hunting in the woods and I have always carried concealed no matter what state I was in, or whether I had a concealed carry permit or not. I am 77, and I have been "patted down" exactly ZERO times my whole life. The LEO's will leave you alone if you are not creating a problem for them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top