JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dont know any Christian that separates their religion from politics. Abortion, gay rights... They vote for the candidate that is closest to their religious beliefs.

Well, if we ever meet, you'll know one. I'm mainly Libertarian and support people having the freedom to make decisions that I consider a sin. Only God can judge as far as I'm concerned.

Abortion is a little different because I believe that the only laws should be based around the premises of don't hurt others and don't take what's not yours. I believe that the unborn is a human and you kill a human when you get one and you take their life which is not yours to take. That's not necessarily strictly a religious view though.

Then, let's put it this way...why does anyone need to justify their exercise of a Constitutional right in a manner supported by SCOTUS decisions regardless of party/ideological affiliation? This football team analogy of "liberal"/"conservative" has grown tiresome and non-productive. "Liberals" and those who identify as such, for lack of a better term, are not sheep which are easily herded; they are cats which go all over the place when and where they want. that's why we can't agree on the color of feces or even which is better; 9mm or .45acp

Really? So you're saying that what I see and hear with my own senses are not true? I see MASSIVE "group think" on the "progressive" side of the isle. Slogans and buzzwords ABOUND as a way of life from the leftists I see.

One reason the DNC is (generally) more successful is because despite the behind the scenes "in-fighting" they present a "united front", while the GOP openly tears itself to shreds... often times over stupid stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pick a fight or disparage anyone here. I'm REALLY asking questions to better understand other POV's, but so far I feel like I've gotten the same old "answer a question with a question", and outright contradictory feedback from what I see/hear everyday all day. I don't give a sheite about what/why "christians vote", I'm asking LIBERALS to specifically answer the question I asked.

I'm a registered non-affiliated voter with fiscal-conservative/social-libertarian leanings. I believe in God but I'm no "bible thumper", and pretty much DESPISE organized religion. I believe everyone should live as they please (in peace) so long as they don't infringe on others' right to do the same, and not ask/demand/ expect society to pay the costs of their choices. I'm also not a member of ANY political party or organization other than the local pipe fitters labor union.

So far, no one can, will (or just won't) answer it... so be it.

Last Edited:
Slimmer13, I agree abortion is not strictly a religious issue.

Stomper, my comment wasnt directed specifically at you or anyone just a general statement. I think the answer to your question is because liberals are not single issue voters (obviously)... I think a better question is why so many of them are not more vocal about defending 2A rights and standing up to their politicians anti-gun legislation?

Slimmer13, I agree abortion is not strictly a religious issue.

Stomper, my comment wasnt directed specifically at you or anyone just a general statement. I think the answer to your question is because liberals are not single issue voters (obviously)... I think a better question is why so many of them are not more vocal about defending 2A rights and standing up to their politicians anti-gun legislation?

Perhaps, but I'm more curious as to the aspect of the "human condition" as to one's reason of potentially sacrificing their 2A right in pursuit of "whatever" is on their "agenda" and how they justify it.

I think Stomper just hit it! I to lean much the same way, I don't belong to any party because I don't fit into ONE single category. I agree with much in the Liberal world, and I also believe in a lot of the Democratic side of things, more so then the Republican side, so for me, a fit just isn't going to happen. A while back etrain16 and I had this discussion and nether of us could get any strait up answers, mainly because most cannot answer them honestly, or with out fear of judgement, that's sad because I think answering these questions can lead to a lot more healthy discussions where we all learn and benefit!

Over the years on this forum, I've pieced together enough info on a lot of members here. I know some who are gay (they even play "dress up"), I know some who have a "peculiar" affection towards cats.... none of that is my "thing", and I don't give a flying bubblegum about their personal business and will still treat them with common courtesy regardless.

;)

I may be wrong, but I think the "Packaging" may be the big deal with the Lib,Dem side. they cannot separate issues, they will sacrifice a 2nd part to get the rest of the agenda or what ever, in the false belief that the 2nd cannot be destroyed, by there own party. Then the next set of Bills or other stuff comes along, usually more "Compromise" and bang, another round of anti gun crap gets legislated in to the mix cycle, and they choose to ignore it because of other things they feel more important. Why can it not be separated? When will enough of the 2nd gutting finally cause notice and action?

Perhaps, but I'm more curious as to the aspect of the "human condition" as to one's reason of potentially sacrificing their 2A right in pursuit of "whatever" is on their "agenda" and how they justify it.

My guess is the same reason a conservative single issue 2A voter doesnt want to publicly admit they voted for someone they otherwise dont believe in.... Oh, say Trump for example.

I agree Koda, and that's where things get tricky! In the end, I had to vote to stop trouble #1 and hope #2 would hold back the flood of anti 2nd all the wile I was Forced into becoming a single issue voter this cycle. I hate it all, but I had no other choice, and I had to swallow really hard on that choice!

So far, none you can, will (or just won't) answer it... so be it.

I speak only for myself. I can't speak for the DNC anymore than I can speak for the RNC as I have no party. So let me give you my views:
Abortion: that is up to the individual. Unless you are going to raise that child you have no say in it. Whether I agree with it or not I respect the right of that woman to that decision and only she can live with that decision
Social Security: I paid into it. I deserve it.
Welfare: we need a safety net and it's the Christian thing to do.
Minimum Wage: even Henry Ford raised his workers pay to $5.00/day because well paid workers were also consumers who purchased his products. This is something which has been forgotten by the modern robber barons. F.D.R said that it should be a living wage (I'm paraphrasing) and that no worker should live in abject poverty.
Religion: The First Amendment establishes the freedom to worship your religion. By inclusion it also guarantees the freedom from religion being imposed on others. see Sharia Law/Taliban
Gun: Firm believer in the 2A. The anti's say it only meant flintlock muzzle loaders; let them tell me via a letter written with a quill and delivered by horse rider.
Gay Marriage: if you don't like it, don't get one.
Trannys in Toilets: when ya gotta go, ya gotta go.
Trade Unions: Necessary to prevent the exploitation of workers.
Free Market: See Trade Unions, Teddy Roosevelt

I'm ending here. too much wine and I'm getting fuzzy but I hope you get my drift.

I speak only for myself. I can't speak for the DNC anymore than I can speak for the RNC as I have no party. So let me give you my views:
Abortion: that is up to the individual. Unless you are going to raise that child you have no say in it. Whether I agree with it or not I respect the right of that woman to that decision and only she can live with that decision
Social Security: I paid into it. I deserve it.
Welfare: we need a safety net and it's the Christian thing to do.
Minimum Wage: even Henry Ford raised his workers pay to $5.00/day because well paid workers were also consumers who purchased his products. This is something which has been forgotten by the modern robber barons. F.D.R said that it should be a living wage (I'm paraphrasing) and that no worker should live in abject poverty.
Religion: The First Amendment establishes the freedom to worship your religion. By inclusion it also guarantees the freedom from religion being imposed on others. see Sharia Law/Taliban
Gun: Firm believer in the 2A. The anti's say it only meant flintlock muzzle loaders; let them tell me via a letter written with a quill and delivered by horse rider.
Gay Marriage: if you don't like it, don't get one.
Trannys in Toilets: when ya gotta go, ya gotta go.
Trade Unions: Necessary to prevent the exploitation of workers.
Free Market: See Trade Unions, Teddy Roosevelt

I'm ending here. too much wine and I'm getting fuzzy but I hope you get my drift.

And I don't have any problem (in fact agree) with what you said... but the question still remains. :D

I love you guys, every one of you (wipes tear from cheek)...

In all seriousness, my question still stands unanswered: why dont the liberal gun owners stand up to their politicians against gun control?

Qaolin, that question isnt for you... Or any of the liberal gun owners who have stood up, like all the members of the liberal gun club. Its just my impression that the LGC is in its infancy, or a small minority of liberals...

And for the record, I do write my pro-gun politicians about other issues that generally they dont support...

That is a great question Koda, I have banged my head repeatedly asking my self that! I cannot even fathom an answer to that! Why would you remain silent about something important? Fear? Fear from what? Why is it the Gun issue is so important to the anti side, and yet no one on THAT side stands up against it? There cannot be that many anti's. For my own part, I know a LOT of very liberals liberals who cannot see the forest for the trees that is the 2nd. No matter who you try to explain or even engage in that convo, they do not feel the 2nd represents the TOTAL rights Guaranteed in that section, or they try the claim that it's a "living document" subject to interpretation to try and make it fit! My favorite claim is no one needs, so we should remove "it" from the 2nd, they just don't get it. It has to be made an ALL or Nothing sort of deal in order to get any one to do something!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top