JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Want to give a big "thumbs up" to the Oregon Firearms Academy. :s0155:

I attended the Basic Wilderness Survival class at OFA on Saturday, Oct. 17. It was well worth the time and money. The instructor was first class and the organization and content of the class were excellent.

Any chance of a full on review I have been interested in taking this and would like to know a little more.

I will try to give a more detailed review. I am not affiliated with OFA or the instructor or anyone in the class. I am simply a participant sharing my observations.

The course provided a structure for an individual to use to construct a goal and a plan to deal with an emergency (weather, natural diaster etc.)

It taught an approach to problem solving by defining assets and liabilities. Also developing a multilayered plan to be able to deal with contingencies.

It covered equipment, food, water, basic wilderness survival skills etc.

It provided the classroom theory required to take the other courses in the Wilderness Survival series which are all field based.

The instructor was excellent. He brought many years of practical field experience to the course, an excellent knowledge of equipment and skills. He was also an interesting and gifted speaker. He kept everyone's attention throughout the day (there was no napping, not even the old guys like me!).

I must second Bersa, it was an excellent class. I did know much of the information, but the way it was put together, and the experience of the instructor made a difference. It has given me the opportunity to tighten up some deficiencies I had.

This is fun stuff and very enlightening. Test your new knowledge by having a friend drop you off in the woods and pick you up a couple of days later. No food, no shelter.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top