JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What difference does it make? All the police do when selling their old guns is try to save the department some money as they get new gear.

Do liberals not understand that things cost money?

It's not their money, why be accountable for it.
Feel good policies like this or Seattle's homeless policy leads to spending $200M per year and making the problem worse. Welcome to Progress...or something.

Thus, increasing the taxes needed to support the PD.

Logic.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....LOL....maybe, Austin should just be buying USED firearms from other PDs? You know.....other cities have a problem with USED Police Dept guns too. It would be like: They were helping each other. LOL.

Last Edited:
"We have no follow-up mechanism to make sure they don't take our guns and turn them right over to the gun dealers and they're out on the street with APD stamped on them," Alter said.

What? Are we talking about guns or criminals released from jail early?

Out on the street... What does that mean? I think she's implying that the gun dealers are selling to criminals. If she isn't implying that, she's implying good citizens are providing their guns to criminals. Or maybe the APD guns are just a bunch of bad eggs ready to hit the streets themselves.

The lack of specifics and the feel good trigger words are exhausting.

I'm not surprised at all... Austin is the wacky Lxxxxxx (we're not allowed to use that word!) capitol of Texas. This happens a lot when you have a University in the city.

BTW, my favorite revolver that I owned was a S&W .41Mag with a 4" barrel... stamped with SFPD on both sides. I don't recall commiting any street crimes with it nor turning it over to any thuggish individual. :rolleyes:

BTW, my favorite revolver that I owned was a S&W .41Mag with a 4" barrel... stamped with SFPD on both sides. I don't recall commiting any street crimes with it nor turning it over to any thuggish individual. :rolleyes:

Think back real hard.... Are you sure? Cause an elected official said they hit the streets. I bet there's a 41 mag with SFPD stamped on the side on the streets right now... Killing...

Last Edited:
LOL....come on??? SFPD and only a .41 Mag? Why not a .44 Mag?

Dirty_Harry6.jpg

[After shooting several of the bank-robbers and stopping their getaway car by shooting the driver, Inspector Callahan approaches the front steps of the bank. The bank robber that Callahan shot first, wounding him and forcing him to drop his shotgun, now makes an effort to retrieve it. He pauses as he sees Callahan approach, aiming his revolver.]
Callahan: I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?
[The thief gives up trying to retrieve his shotgun; Callahan picks it up and starts to walk away.]
Thief: Hey! [Callahan turns around] I gots to know!
[Callahan aims his revolver and pulls the trigger, but the gun just clicks on an empty chamber, and he grins, laughs, and walks away.]
Thief: Son of a bubblegum!

Taken from: Wikipedia

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany