JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only thing that still surprises me is gun owners who seem surprised by this.

^. This.

Though I am going to withhold judgement until we have something a little more than this blurb, why would anyone even be remotely surprised by this? The ATF has been all over the board with braces since they came out. They tried, and failed, to send someone to federal PMITA prison with an NFA violation because of a rubber stopper stuck on a such a setup. There has allegedly been noises from the administration as recently as last summer about a re-categorization and there is at least one mass shooting in which the nutbag used a firearm with a brace.

And, yet again, the NFA34 is shown be the mindless and anachronistic law that it is. The statute that is ostensibly a revenue stream, but costs way more in processing the paperwork than it brings it. It makes the processing of a few pieces of paper and a small fee into a year long wait, mind you circa 2020, in which society has never been more automated.

Repeal the damn thing and all this nonsense goes away. But it won't happen and we all know it.

P.S. Personally, I've never done the brace thing and will not in the future. However, I get why those that do are, rightly, very annoyed at the suggestion they'll be impacted.

Did someone say ATF?

1592444309762.png

^. This.

Though I am going to withhold judgement until we have something a little more than this blurb, why would anyone even be remotely surprised by this? The ATF has been all over the board with braces since they came out. They tried, and failed, to send someone to federal PMITA prison with an NFA violation because of a rubber stopper stuck on a such a setup. There has allegedly been noises from the administration as recently as last summer about a re-categorization and there is at least one mass shooting in which the nutbag used a firearm with a brace.

And, yet again, the NFA34 is shown be the mindless and anachronistic law that it is. The statute that is ostensibly a revenue stream, but costs way more in processing the paperwork than it brings it. It makes the processing of a few pieces of paper and a small fee into a year long wait, mind you circa 2020, in which society has never been more automated.

Repeal the damn thing and all this nonsense goes away. But it won't happen and we all know it.

P.S. Personally, I've never done the brace thing and will not in the future. However, I get why those that do are, rightly, very annoyed at the suggestion they'll be impacted.
I really like a brace on one firearm, and peculiarly the reason I like it would be negated if I used a stock or shouldered it. It makes a great counterweight that when off the shoulder but cheekwelding you can let the whole gun move in a linear fashion that facilitates faster firing. If you shoulder it, it works fine, albeit without that ease of funning.

I really like a brace on one firearm, and peculiarly the reason I like it would be negated if I used a stock or shouldered it. It makes a great counterweight that when off the shoulder but cheekwelding you can let the whole gun move in a linear fashion that facilitates faster firing. If you shoulder it, it works fine, albeit without that ease of funning.
Peaked my curiosity. What is it?

Non happy mode, ya a brace would be fun. Or a light weight stock of some sort. Or just one in happy mode.
View attachment 711913
Mine does a pretty decent impression of happy mode. I think I have a stock adapter for that style if that were yours. I got it in a parts lot when I needed a few parts after I lost a couple while cleaning. The down side, between that and a sten in happy mode I can burn through 9mm way too fast. If that has the one hole at the bottom back rather than the 3 screw holes in the back.

700,000 gun owners with arm braces. That's a lot of folks to imprison. Let's do some math:
700,000 x 40k = 28 billion a year. Now ad the tax revenue loss from those 700,000 law abiding citizens and cost of actually enforcing the law, which is laughable to even try and figure how it could be enforced constitutionally, nevermind the man power required.

Your compliance is the only thing they are betting on.

700,000 gun owners with arm braces. That's a lot of folks to imprison. Let's do some math:
700,000 x 40k = 28 billion a year. Now ad the tax revenue loss from those 700,000 law abiding citizens and cost of actually enforcing the law, which is laughable to even try and figure how it could be enforced constitutionally, nevermind the man power required.

Your compliance is the only thing they are betting on.
Sadly history has proven they will get people to do as they ask. Look at this hoax that lead to the police state actions. See mass uprising? Many states are still in complete lockdown. It's beyond the point where it's something people can lie to themselves about but they line up to obey. So when they say no more braces none will go to prison. Some will of course keep one but you will not see them shooting with it and there of course will be none for sale. So they will get the solution they are after. All they have to do is make an example out of a couple people and most will throw in.

the thing that's making little sense to me is the claim they're going after ONE brace in particular, 700,000 owned blah blah... Given the ingenuity of SBA, ( if it is, indeed, they), a simple design tweak would probably make their brace re-legal. So why would the ATF consider a rule so narrow ? Why not a broad rule change that would effectively outlaw all braces ??

Who's surprised by a bureau who gets -essentially- to make law without any of the required hoop jumping? There's two kinds of people here. One that will or has avoided braces because they're afraid of Mr. ATF knocking on their door and shooting their dog so they can take some kind of moral high ground when it all hits the fan. "oh Mr. ATF it wasn't ME who had the brace, I follow the law". Expecting some kind of head pat or good job sticker for jumping through their hoops for the opportunity to lick their boots. Then there's people who realize they could be made a felon overnight for actively jumping through all the bullshiite hoops they hang in front of us, but the most recent. If you're already a felon for the brace- which you bought at their insistence to stay "compliant", you might as well drill the third hole or drop in a 3d printed sear. Might as well drop a rifle upper on a pistol lower. Might as well saw off that shotgun. Might as well do whatever the hell you please because they're not above moving the goal posts to always make you the loser.

FREEDOM IS A STATE OF MIND

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR