JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Consider at one point there was an attempt to ban the green tip ammo because it was "AP," so I wouldn't put anything past them in regard to what they may try, I would hypothesize working for the ATF isn't a position that attracts hardcore "shall not be infringed" types.

These are probably "more legal" :rolleyes:
Cheek rests/risers/pads for AR15 tubes believe one in the Ohio case was indeed one of these with a cane tip, and was prosecuted for the super secret 13.5" LOP rule that hasn't been made public :mad:
Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 5.50.12 AM.jpg pegasusarms.AR15pistolcheekrest2.jpg image406589-cedd151503824841941c8c5ff8a43219.jpg tactical-dynamics-cheekrest-black-rifle.jpg

Haha, Guy who is the government is telling us the government is making a secret rule acting like he isnt the government making us think we can do anything about it.

In his spare time he must work for a slaughterhouse where he tells the cows in line for the slaughterhouse that his buddy will be shooting them in the head shortly and asks them for money so he can continue his whistle-blowing on the cow slaughtering operation.

Haha, Guy who is the government is telling us the government is making a secret rule acting like he isnt the government making us think we can do anything about it.
Gaetz is about as pro 2A as one could be. Done a lot of work.

The ATF however, likes to play games...

They've been playing with this for years back and forth - what makes you think they quit screwing around?

The messenger???

In his spare time he must work for a slaughterhouse where he tells the cows in line for the slaughterhouse that his buddy will be shooting them in the head shortly and asks them for money so he can continue his whistle-blowing on the cow slaughtering operation.
This actually sounds like the BLM / Act Blue / DNC money scheme that recently got outted... Now that you mention it. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
All it will take is for some pistol braced armed nut to tip over the edge and blast into a crowd full of people and all pistol braces will be banned in record time.
And then the FBI will admit that they had been aware of said nut, but couldn't do anything until he acted.

He says they (atf) are looking at one particular brace model... Which seems telling.

It may be that only braces with prior ATF approval are allowed. A lot of them never got official approval.

I do however get a kick out of it.

It all started with this. Folks assembled pistols using this for years. No one batted an eye.

View attachment 711812

That wasn't enough so someone did this.Which pushed the boundaries further.
View attachment 711817
Then Sig came out with this. Blowing up the boundaries. They should have just stick with this and left it be. Things would have been fine. But......
View attachment 711819
Now we have these. Anyone who isn't surprised if someone at a government agency wants to look at these further, since something like 99% of those that purchase them are not disabled veterans with any sort of disabilities what so ever. If any one can't see the direction we headed in and why these are clearly becoming a "well duh" type thing, I can't help you! I read the writing on the wall on these and now I have 0 "arm braces". Best of luck folks!
View attachment 711821
View attachment 711822
View attachment 711823
View attachment 711824
View attachment 711825

While the Sig brace was originally designed to help injured or handicap shooters, there is nothing in the law about them only being for people with mobility or strength issues, they are to help any shooter operate the pistol more effectively by using it as an arm brace.

All it will take is for some pistol braced armed nut to tip over the edge and blast into a crowd full of people and all pistol braces will be banned in record time.
And then the FBI will admit that they had been aware of said nut, but couldn't do anything until he acted.

You do realize that a pistol brace has already been used in a mass shooting don't you? It was the one in Dayton Ohio last year, guy used a KAK Shockwave blade on a 10.5" AR pistol. If that has any bearing on what ATF is doing behind closed doors, they've been working on it for the better part of a year.

You do realize that a pistol brace has already been used in a mass shooting don't you? It was the one in Dayton Ohio last year, guy used a KAK Shockwave blade on a 10.5" AR pistol. If that has any bearing on what ATF is doing behind closed doors, they've been working on it for the better part of a year.
That was then, it's a different mood now with all the rioting.

?
Seems serious to me.
This has been an ATF focus for awhile now.

This 'was' a serious post - about a serious threat to pistol owners everywhere.

But yeah - let's not even look at it before we start throwing out political 'pandering' accusations in the mix.
Do you own any AR Pistols?

True & good point!... I simply don't like the idea of ANY secret squirrel stuff when it comes to our government (excluding TRUE National / International intelligence type stuff).

Yes to owning AR pistols, & AK pistols, with braces.

& to any agent(s) reading this: We shoulder them if it's legal to do so. We don't if it isn't...

I personally would prefer the SBR category be repealed and eliminated..but seeing how the Republicans who had maj in House and Senate and the Presidency... dragged their feet and let the Hearing Protection Act die... I have absolutely no faith in the Congressional people :s0092:

Good chance of any of the following scenarios come about..
1. Increase Tax Stamp costs to arbitrary numbers

2. Reclassify all AR15s and AK actions into only rifles/SBRs /MGs, no more "pistol"/"firearm" classifications

3. Reclassify braces as SBR parts

4. Redefine pistols arbitrarily. (OAL is probably easiest, but given bureaucracy... :s0092: )

When I was investigating purchasing a brace, my first stop was to read the BATFE clarification letter, that indicated shouldering the weapon would be ok if "sporadic."

But, when I watched product reviews on youtube, on which there are Tons, most of the people reviewing the braces were almost exclusively shouldering their weapon to fire. Was obvious and blatant. Maybe attracting that much attention was not the best plan? BATFE has access to youtube as well.

I agree there should not be an SBR classification. It's a relic of a bygone era. I believe it was put into the NFA in part, because of the better concealability of shorter weapons. Clyde Barrow even shortened a BAR! But society has changed a bunch since then.

Last Edited:
When I was investigating purchasing a brace, my first stop was to read the BATFE clarification letter, that indicated shouldering the weapon would be ok if "sporadic."

But, when I watched product reviews on youtube, on which there are Tons, most of the people reviewing the braces were almost exclusively shouldering their weapon to fire. Was obvious and blatant. Maybe attracting that much attention was not the best plan? BATFE has access to youtube as well.

I agree there should not be an SBR classification. It's a relic of a bygone era. I believe it was put into the NFA in part, because of the better concealability of shorter weapons. Clyde Barrow even shortened a BAR! But society has changed a bunch since then.
Watch some of the actual manufacturers youtube channels... CMMG, Sig, etc. All their demos try to show firing - just off the shoulder.
The only time I've seen someone not snuggle up to it.
And actually, I've never seen anyone straped one handed into one either.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top