Other State ATF now going after Pistol Braces...

OP
EHJ

EHJ

Reactions
Twitter blathering about “secret” rules?
Sounds as though “someone” might be pandering for votes to me. Curious if the fellow might be up for re- election. :rolleyes:
?
Seems serious to me.
This has been an ATF focus for awhile now.

This 'was' a serious post - about a serious threat to pistol owners everywhere.

But yeah - let's not even look at it before we start throwing out political 'pandering' accusations in the mix.
Do you own any AR Pistols?

Alexx1401

Reactions
The only thing that still surprises me is gun owners who seem surprised by this. It's like a bunch of us live in caves with no internet or TV.
The majority of gun owners LONG ago told law makers the 2nd was not a right, it was a privilege. Then they act shocked when new laws go in?
Look at how many gun owners lined up to go along with this police state hoax that is was for our good? After that the same people act like this is a shock? Of course they are going to make the brace illegal. I am kind of surprised it took this long.

Reactions
if a piece of plastic with springs can be called “a machine gun” then it wouldn’t be out of character to try to ban arm braces.

What they should do, since everyone understands how pointless it is, is simply get rid of the requirement for a SBR stamp. It’s absurd and only served as a financial barrier in the past when $200 actually represented wealth, what it was designed to do had questionable character in the first place, and now, is essentially entirely arbitrary and obsolete.

Reactions
I'm in the pandering camp -more solid information would be nice, if the honorable gentleman would release a draft of the rules he's privy to perhaps-
I'm sure the ATF is nonstop crafting secret rules about something or other, so you might as well write a letter demanding that they cease any plans around solvent traps, tannerite, binary triggers, etc etc. Without any details, this is not news.

ps I absolutely don't have a ton of braces. Or any interest in trapping my solvents.....

OP
EHJ

EHJ

Reactions
IIRC, the ATF doesn't do rules making/changes in "secret" - they ask for public comment? I think they did this with bumpstocks, but just went ahead with it anyway because it came down from Trump.
He says they (atf) are looking at one particular brace model... Which seems telling.

"We understand that ATF is currently considering restricting one arm brace model owned by over 700,000 Americans,"
The article reads pretty well. The podcast even better.

gmerkt

Reactions
when $200 actually represented wealth
Amen.

The philosophy re. pistol "braces" is interesting to ponder. Our member Tac has shown how some nominal handguns are allowed in Britain so long as they have a long, brace-like extension on the butt. This makes them acceptable. Here, the brace is thought by many to be a a negative.

Reactions
Amen.

The philosophy re. pistol "braces" is interesting to ponder. Our member Tac has shown how some nominal handguns are allowed in Britain so long as they have a long, brace-like extension on the butt. This makes them acceptable. Here, the brace is thought by many to be a a negative.
Because its like 80% of a shoulder stock, just doesnt have "enough surface area" to be "comfortably shouldered" and usually comes with straps to connect to the arm :rolleyes: so they're viewed as "loophole/way around the SBR rules"

Reno

Reactions
I do however get a kick out of it.

It all started with this. Folks assembled pistols using this for years. No one batted an eye.

1592425019072.jpeg

That wasn’t enough so someone did this.Which pushed the boundaries further.
1592425134789.jpeg
Then Sig came out with this. Blowing up the boundaries. They should have just stick with this and left it be. Things would have been fine. But......
1592425214057.jpeg
Now we have these. Anyone who isn’t surprised if someone at a government agency wants to look at these further, since something like 99% of those that purchase them are not disabled veterans with any sort of disabilities what so ever. If any one can’t see the direction we headed in and why these are clearly becoming a “well duh” type thing, I can’t help you! I read the writing on the wall on these and now I have 0 “arm braces”. Best of luck folks!
1592425412074.jpeg
1592425463567.jpeg
1592425519322.jpeg
1592425557914.jpeg
1592425616944.jpeg

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
    • matts
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
  • SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    5.00 star(s)
    A great, safe place to go shooting
    Love this place!! Great staff, the range masters are friendly, helpful and alert. This is a safe place to shoot. The store is kind of low on stock...
    • GWS
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    First time....
    First time working with a gunsmith but I found Copeland Gunworks to be an awesome husband wife team that worked really fast and things were...
Top Bottom