JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've always had a feeling they are ticking away in the background.

Let's say if they do get banned, I wouldn't be surprised.

Twitter blathering about "secret" rules?
Sounds as though "someone" might be pandering for votes to me. Curious if the fellow might be up for re- election. :rolleyes:

?
Seems serious to me.
This has been an ATF focus for awhile now.

This 'was' a serious post - about a serious threat to pistol owners everywhere.

But yeah - let's not even look at it before we start throwing out political 'pandering' accusations in the mix.
Do you own any AR Pistols?

The only thing that still surprises me is gun owners who seem surprised by this. It's like a bunch of us live in caves with no internet or TV.
The majority of gun owners LONG ago told law makers the 2nd was not a right, it was a privilege. Then they act shocked when new laws go in?
Look at how many gun owners lined up to go along with this police state hoax that is was for our good? After that the same people act like this is a shock? Of course they are going to make the brace illegal. I am kind of surprised it took this long.

if a piece of plastic with springs can be called "a machine gun" then it wouldn't be out of character to try to ban arm braces.

What they should do, since everyone understands how pointless it is, is simply get rid of the requirement for a SBR stamp. It's absurd and only served as a financial barrier in the past when $200 actually represented wealth, what it was designed to do had questionable character in the first place, and now, is essentially entirely arbitrary and obsolete.

I'm in the pandering camp -more solid information would be nice, if the honorable gentleman would release a draft of the rules he's privy to perhaps-
I'm sure the ATF is nonstop crafting secret rules about something or other, so you might as well write a letter demanding that they cease any plans around solvent traps, tannerite, binary triggers, etc etc. Without any details, this is not news.

ps I absolutely don't have a ton of braces. Or any interest in trapping my solvents.....

First pistol braces
Then collapsible stocks
Then anything that's has a magazine well
Then handguns
Then ALL guns
It's for the children

IIRC, the ATF doesn't do rules making/changes in "secret" - they ask for public comment? I think they did this with bumpstocks, but just went ahead with it anyway because it came down from Trump.
He says they (atf) are looking at one particular brace model... Which seems telling.

"We understand that ATF is currently considering restricting one arm brace model owned by over 700,000 Americans,"
The article reads pretty well. The podcast even better.

They did it with the asinine 13.5" LOP thing that apparently only the manufacturers were supposedly privy to, and only within the ATF, and not released publicly; and for which they went after a gun owner in Ohio back around 2017, in which the Judge tossed out the case and handed the ATF their statist butts :s0092:

just dont go calling or sending them letters about whats legal or not. it all should be legal in the first place. dont give them anything to think about.

when $200 actually represented wealth

Amen.

The philosophy re. pistol "braces" is interesting to ponder. Our member Tac has shown how some nominal handguns are allowed in Britain so long as they have a long, brace-like extension on the butt. This makes them acceptable. Here, the brace is thought by many to be a a negative.

Amen.

The philosophy re. pistol "braces" is interesting to ponder. Our member Tac has shown how some nominal handguns are allowed in Britain so long as they have a long, brace-like extension on the butt. This makes them acceptable. Here, the brace is thought by many to be a a negative.
Because its like 80% of a shoulder stock, just doesnt have "enough surface area" to be "comfortably shouldered" and usually comes with straps to connect to the arm :rolleyes: so they're viewed as "loophole/way around the SBR rules"

I do however get a kick out of it.

It all started with this. Folks assembled pistols using this for years. No one batted an eye.

1592425019072.jpeg

That wasn't enough so someone did this.Which pushed the boundaries further.
1592425134789.jpeg
Then Sig came out with this. Blowing up the boundaries. They should have just stick with this and left it be. Things would have been fine. But......
1592425214057.jpeg
Now we have these. Anyone who isn't surprised if someone at a government agency wants to look at these further, since something like 99% of those that purchase them are not disabled veterans with any sort of disabilities what so ever. If any one can't see the direction we headed in and why these are clearly becoming a "well duh" type thing, I can't help you! I read the writing on the wall on these and now I have 0 "arm braces". Best of luck folks!
1592425412074.jpeg
1592425463567.jpeg
1592425519322.jpeg
1592425557914.jpeg
1592425616944.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT