JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My new project is to assemble small survival kits for stashing in several bags and vehicles. I'd also like to use these as gifts for friends/family as several only have a main kit at home. The preferable size is something that could fit in a glove box, center console or a pants cargo pocket. Any recommendations for a good container? Ideas for kit contents? I was thinking of a something like this thats the size of a decent paperback book or maybe slightly larger.

This is what I put in the bottom of each of my kids school back packs:
One olive drab 37x37x52 compressed muslin
One Israeli wound dressing
One Datrex water pouch
Several band aids and small anti biotic pouch
12 feet of tether line wrapped around 12 feet of paracord and 1 zip tie
5 watt radio programmed to GMRS 15.
1 disposable particulate mask
1 reusable particulate mask.

It all fits nicely in a ziplock freezer quart size bag.
(edit: for spelling and minor detail).
All of the components are readily available on ebay. PM me if you want particulars.

IMG_20171229_152204.jpg

Last Edited:
I like the water bottle idea also. Water is key to survival and if you are ever walking home, you will want a water bottle. Make sure to include paracord or something so you can tie the water bottle to you.

OMG No quick clot? What about imodium or benadryl?
I have also found kids like snake bite kits too

They have these H&H's which take up very little space, I forgot to show it. They're trained to apply them. Thing is their school is about 9 miles from the house so if they have to hoof it for some reason all they will really need is a water pouch. They usually have a couple of cliff bars as normal snacks.
The thing is that they only have so much room in their already heavy back packs. I would love to load them up with more but I have to be practical.

IMG_20171229_181214.jpg

They have these H&H's which take up very little space, I forgot to show it. They're trained to apply them. Thing is their school is about 9 miles from the house so if they have to hoof it for some reason all they will really need is a water pouch. They usually have a couple of cliff bars as normal snacks.
The thing is that they only have so much room in their already heavy back packs. I would love to load them up with more but I have to be practical.

View attachment 416858

Do you find H&H is better than quick-clot?

OMG No quick clot? What about imodium or benadryl?
I have also found kids like snake bite kits too

I have a small tactical first aid kit that I have also two large quick clot gauzes and also added a tourniquet. I check the expire date of the quick clot gauzes and to replace them. Not sure if they work if they are expired for years.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top