JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
should try to get bill on the ballot saying those who put any gun bills on the ballot an it passes must be the ones who have to go get the guns themselves from such people or
Something to that effect. Instead of hiding behind other people as in law enforcement making them do the dirty work and putting their lives on the line for something they or most of them don't support. I would bet we could get enough signatures for that to get on the ballot.
should try to get bill on the ballot saying those who put any gun bills on the ballot an it passes must be the ones who have to go get the guns themselves from such people or
Something to that effect. Instead of hiding behind other people as in law enforcement making them do the dirty work and putting their lives on the line for something they or most of them don't support. I would bet we could get enough signatures for that to get on the ballot.

If a Bill like this passes, there will be thousands of Law Abiding Citizens turned into criminals overnight. Lock & Load

If we want to blunt the attacks on our Rights, we have to find a way to stop the school shootings. School shootings are what drives the temperature of the suburban anti-gun t-shirt moms. They don't care about Chicago, it's all about their kids.

I'm not aware if the schools have done much of anything to protect themselves, aside from a few ineffectual duck and cover drills. To further my point, there is an anti-gun hippie in the Salem area named George Yonekura (you can Google him) who developed an easy to use, affordable latch system to secure classrooms during an emergency. Despite extensive media coverage, George rec'd only token lip service from the School District. George has told me the local School District does not seem genuinely interested in solving this problem of school violence. At the very least, they are not interested in hearing from outsiders.This needs to changes ASAP.

In my opinion, school security is where this community needs to go on offense. We need to compel the Schools Districts to spend the money on safety - and give them the money they need to do it. We need to shame them the way they shame us. They have been repeatedly attacked and done nothing. That is unacceptable. I don't care if the "optics" look bad, this is a practical life and death exercise. I'm sure none of us enjoy taking our shoes and belts off at the airport, but guess what, it has worked so far.

IMO, if we don't secure the schools, it's only a matter of time before we see another large scale school shooting. They will put the cake on our face again, and they will get their legislation passed.

The short answer, YES! The long answer, YES! I've got A LOT more questions for you if you really wanna pursue....

I would bet 99% of folks out there with 'assault type weapons' will either register them, register some of them, and/or quitely not comply at all. It's easier, it allows the person to go to work the next day, and continue taking care of their family. I could be wrong, but I don't see the average gun owner risking that to spill blood for a cause that is mainly viewed by the public as outdated and irrelevant.

Ask questions if you would like, I'm well aware I have a different perspective than most. That said, this initiative, and ones like them are straight trash, dishonest, and predatory to all of us law abiding gun owners.

All this anti-gun BS is nothing but a battering ram. they are going to keep hammering bill after bill at the gate and at some point its going to break through
Unless the demographics begin to change and more and more centrists begins to push back against the fringe, and more and more gun owners step up that gate is going to come down and soon.:(

Just a reminder that we are a 2A site that welcomes all that are Pro-2A, so lets stay away from bashing a particular political party as we have folks on both sides of the isle fighting to preserve our rights....Thank you.

Those that want to take away guns and fit the constitution do indeed have a name, it was used expensively in the 50's and 60's, they're called communists... There, I said it!

Time to vote the communists out of power and take back the republic. Period... Otherwise, just expect ore of the same BS, until it does take a bloodbath to correct...

there is the option of registration. I get that most people still don't like that, but would it be cause for blood? For the vast majority, I doubt it.
Registration leads to more regulation. I finally got out of Kommiefornia, give them an inch and they will end up taking 500 miles. Sure, that all takes time, but after a few years gun owners ask "What the hell happened."

Just a reminder that we are a 2A site that welcomes all that are Pro-2A, so lets stay away from bashing a particular political party as we have folks on both sides of the isle fighting to preserve our rights....Thank you.
Haven't noticed any party bashing. However, I have noticed but one party intent on driving more laws and eventual elimination of firearms. If any from that party are defending ownership rights, I'm not aware of it, and definitely in the minority. I would be curious to learn what part they play in convincing their party to seek a different approach than what is being done this far?

Haven't noticed any party bashing. However, I have noticed but one party intent on driving more laws and eventual elimination of firearms. If any from that party are defending ownership rights, I'm not aware of it, and definitely in the minority. I would be curious to learn what part they play in convincing their party to seek a different approach than what is being done this far?
You may wish to read up the thread, plenty of blaming an entire political party to be found. That said, forum rules are pretty clear about no group bashing/blaming:

Epithets, labels, and generalizations against another person or group of people, whether they are members here or not. These serve absolutely no purpose other than to divide us, directly opposite to our goal of uniting gun owners. This is especially relevant in regard to political labels (such as 'the liberal media', 'those right-wingers', and even 'left/right'). Pro-gun and anti-gun are the only labels that should be applied here, as we are a single issue community. This rule also applies to but is not limited to epithets, labels, and generalizations pertaining to race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, ethnicity, nationality, occupation (such as law enforcement), and every other one you can think of. Disagreement over what constitutes a religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, etcetra is not a legitimate excuse.

Plenty from both parties have met with their representatives and shared that here albeit in other threads.

I would consider myself a bit more democrat than republican, and I don't like these bills or initiatives one bit.

That said, I have higher priorities than gun rights, and vote accordingly.

What would anyone consider a higher priority than a right? Lose a right by allowing those you vote for to morph it into a privilege and you will soon be a slave toiling in a field to supply your master and you won't even notice.

I would bet dollars to doughnuts the Sheriffs will block enforcement, so it's only the City and State that could, and even they are not stupid enough to try and enforce any of this! Still, a no-knock @3;00am is possible, but even that would be bad news for all involved!

In my opinion, school security is where this community needs to go on offense. We need to compel the Schools Districts to spend the money on safety - and give them the money they need to do it. We need to shame them the way they shame us. They have been repeatedly attacked and done nothing. That is unacceptable. I don't care if the "optics" look bad, this is a practical life and death exercise. I'm sure none of us enjoy taking our shoes and belts off at the airport, but guess what, it has worked so far.

IMO, if we don't secure the schools, it's only a matter of time before we see another large scale school shooting. They will put the cake on our face again, and they will get their legislation passed.
[/QUOTE]

What needs to happen is take the school board(s) to task, get the Superintendent involved and hold their feet to the fire!
Get the local LEO's to come and speak, get your local Reps to show up and speak, get lots of well spoken parents to speak out and keep up the pressure! Keep demanding action and contact the media in Portland!
Start an initiative to put before the voters FORCING the State and the Fed to fund it and mandate dates of compliance!
PPS has actually started hardening schools, first during the big rebuilds, and doing retro conversions as they go! It's shockingly simple, yet highly effective, and yet, no one else is doing it! Most of the new schools built in the larger areas of this state built in the last 4 years have been hardend some what and could be further upgraded easy enough if required!

Gun Rights protects your Voting Rights, & all the other Rights combined...

Things would be different, sure, but there are plenty of governments that provide civil rights such as voting without any kind of second amendment rights. They are not mutually exclusive until you reach a metaphorical extreme.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top