JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll be the guy with the Zombie green cast next to the beautiful little teenage girl flinging a saber, and likeness of a rifle around...
My daughter is going to be spinning her drill team saber and rifle, and accepting donations to help fund their trip to Disney Land next year. She's super excited to go, but WOW is it an expense trip!
She wants me to chaperone... evidently dad jokes are in style, and im the "fun parent":cool:

Last Edited:
Well, Wifey will be wearing a pink/brown cammo pattern jacket/matching pants and has blond shortish hair. She'll be with a regular looking, white bearded O.F. with a ball cap and a brown, hooded, Red Head jacket. She looks younger that this O.F. too!

I wandered around a bit, tried to spot other forumites.....

Did see a suspicious character knee wheeling his green cast around but he was engaged in some discussion. Then I was distracted then he disappeared.

Spotted a few decent pistol prices. Good show.

I had plans on going today, but they got derailed so I am going tomorrow. "Kicking tires" more than anything-but I will have plastic ready if there is something that I can't live with.

I picked up a cherry Browning A-bolt 22lr and a stainless T3 lite in 243. Saw a nice cheap light twelve, but got called back to my table for a tire kicker/liar and someone else bought it. There are some good deals to be had.

Anyone see if a Zenith Z5PC for sale? Been looking for a quality mp5 clone

5C047343-8BD0-44A9-9671-BE09E3B656FA.jpeg

I missed a very nice nearly unfired early Colt Detective Special for $465... I hesitated and someone else snagged it just as I was returning to the table to buy it. I did end up with a Shield EZ380 for the wife. Great show and LOTS of guns being sold. Very crowded event.

I still have the blue, or is it green (I'll go for blue/green) stamp on my hand.
I was looking for powder, bullets and brass.
The used 300 savage brass I was looking for was going for almost new price so I'll buy new later, I have enough for now. I thought about swaging some up out of 308 brass but really like having the proper head stamp so will wait.
No Varget powder I wanted, but I did find 3 1/2, hundred count boxes of Speer 308 150 gr spritzer soft points which I was looking for, @ 25.00 total, so .07 each, Not bad eh?
My wife found a couple things for daughter and son in law then, as we left, got shanghaied by the kids at the entrance and bought some candy. We had a good time as usual, waaay better than Portland's, but we both have some aches and pains so it would have been nice if chairs were placed around the periphery for those that need a short sit every once in a while.
We like the Rickreall show too (next weekend) albeit tiny by comparison. Like Albany, its a nice drive via the back roads and even lower cost entertainment. My wife fills out the raffle every year but has yet to win.

Got in line before opening. Fast-walked all the aisles, brain programmed to spot SW 629 Classics and ignore all else. No long gun or semi auto tempted me in the least. But I did find myself lingering over a Ruger Super Redhawk 9.5 inch. Really ridiculous, I told myself. But kept remembering it as I finished my search. There were no pre-lock 629 Classics.

Ambled back and looked at the Ruger. (I had remembered exactly where it was, to the very inch.) Asked to have the tie clipped and pointed it at the ceiling. No other safe direction to point in the crowd. Wow! What a nice balance! Just perfect for me somehow. Suddenly a Super Redhawk with a 9.5 inch barrel no longer seemed too big. On the contrary! Every other handgun I had ever held now seemed too small. A compromise between various necessities and what a gun really ought to be. And what a great sight picture! And it seemed to be exactly the right size for me when I held it. (Why in the world did I think I wanted a dinky little 629 Classic with a dinky little 6.5 inch barrel anyway?) Cylinder and action nice and tight. SA trigger pull is nice and crisp. DA a bit heavier than a Smith but still fine. No need to change springs.

What fun! Have been home for several hours playing with the new gun. New grips are ordered and on the way. A good day.

Saw some nice pre Clinton ban AR15 sporters and Daewoo carbines.. and spotted a very nice CMP 20" barreled A2 upper with long quad rail and triangle FSB... didnt ask pricing but it would have been too much for my budget.. would have made a great USMC Fallujah era clone with that quad rail on it... oh well. Another time when I have more discretionary funds :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top