JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How big is the show? Whats the main thing people are looking to buy/ selling. Ive been to too many shows where I brought an AR to sell and it was mil-surp dominated and vice versa

It's a fair sized club show, there will be a bunch of AR stuff because they are Legos for adults but there will also be bigger dealers selling police turn ins for cheap, small used gun dealers and people selling collectables and collections. Of course what I see might not be what you go to see.

Stop and give me a howdy. I'll be not too far inside the front door and I wear a grey bowler. I'll have a fiddle on my table but right now no banjo. O well.
Okay. I'll drop buy after I, hopefully, score a 629. I play guitar myself. Just learned a basic version of Big River Blues, a serious stretch for me. I changed all the words so its now Bean Growing Blues. Its about how to grow dry beans in the maritime NW. Played it at a gardening talk I gave recently. Also, just started learning harmonica. Eric Weinstein said, life is to short to not play the harmonica. I think he is right.

How does the background check stuff work if I buy a gun at a gun show? Is it necessary if I have CHL? Do most vendors have FFLs? Do they just call it in like a gun store does? What happens if you get denied or delayed? (I've heard a lot about people getting denied or delayed for no reason, and am wondering how often that screws up and cancels gun show deals.) Is there any way to get the background check done ahead of the gun show? And how does it work if the vendor doesn't have an FFL? (I want to buy a gun, not sell.)

Bummer, I just sold a 629.
Too bad. It would be really cool to be able to buy the gun from a fellow NWFA member.

What I want is a 629 Classic 6.5 inch, a -2, -3, or -4. If you have one you want to sell and are going to be at the show, PM me.

How does the background check stuff work if I buy a gun at a gun show? Is it necessary if I have CHL? Do most vendors have FFLs? Do they just call it in like a gun store does? What happens if you get denied or delayed? (I've heard a lot about people getting denied or delayed for no reason, and am wondering how often that screws up and cancels gun show deals.) Is there any way to get the background check done ahead of the gun show? And how does it work if the vendor doesn't have an FFL? (I want to buy a gun, not sell.)

If you buy from a vendor/dealer they mostly have a FFL so it's just like buying from a store. CHL's used to not have to do the background check but now do, the reason is a CHL is good for 4 years so if someone got in trouble between issuance and purchase how would they know. If you get denied or delayed you can call OSP and talk to a real person that can tell you what the issue is, the dealer can't call for you but will have the number for you to call. There is no way to get the background check done early, the check is to buy this gun(serial number) not a gun. Vendors with out FFL's and private party sales are generally done by one of the FFL dealers for a nominal fee. Sometimes the venue will do them for no extra charge.

Be sure and stop by the Disabled American Veterans table there, we will be raffling off a Ruger 10/22 and ALSO 2 tickets to the Oregon Jamboree in Sweet Home. All the monies raised are used to assist local Veterans. See you there.

If you buy a firearm from a private party, the seller will have to call in the background check themselves. There is suppose to be paperwork available at the show for private parties to use. Or there may be an FFL at the show that will do it for a fee.

Edit: the private party BG check option could go away in the future. I am concerned about SB 697 and whether it will eliminate that option. I have been trying to get an answer on that from legislators and no luck so far.

Last Edited:
If you buy a firearm from a private party, the seller will have to call in the background check themselves. There is suppose to be paperwork available at the show for private parties to use. Or there may be an FFL at the show that will do it for a fee.

Edit: the private party BG check option could go away in the future. I am concerned about SB 697 and whether it will eliminate that option. I have been trying to get an answer on that from legislators and no luck so far.
Nobody really uses it, so I expect it will. The inconsistency in laws has never set well with me.

Nobody really uses it, so I expect it will. The inconsistency in laws has never set well with me.
If the inconsistencies allow an alternative to paying an FFL transfer fee then I am all for it. I would hope most FFLs agree. I don't think they enjoy rubbing salt in to our SB941 wounds anymore than we like paying for it. I believe it's not a well publicized or understood option and that contributes to it not being utilized often.

If the inconsistencies allow an alternative to paying an FFL transfer fee then I am all for it. I would hope most FFLs agree. I don't think they enjoy rubbing salt in to our SB941 wounds anymore than we like paying for it. I believe it's not a well publicized or understood option and that contributes to it not being utilized often.

So you pay $5-10 to get into a gun show to do a free transfer, saving you what, $10? Guess I've never been so poor that I had to worry about $10. I don't know any FFLs that see transfers as good income. Paperwork/time isn't worth the pittance

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top