JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got an early model and have to go to the online video. Every. Single. Time. To get it back together. Even after purchasing and installing the Tandemkross hammer bushing that makes it a little easier.

Love my MarkIV. That's they way a pistol ought to be.
The key is to get the little dangly thing (hammer strut) in the right spot (on top of the mainspring plunger) and pulling the trigger to drop the hammer. I figured this out as a youngster (10, maybe) and have had little trouble since. The flatside stainless Competition model I had was so tight to frame, barrel that I had to use a plastic mallet to get them fully seated. Don't take offense to my comments, I've always had a "way" with mechanical things.
The reliability and accuracy of my Rugers has always seemed to make "the dance" irrelevant.
I think some of this gun buying is due to the FOMO or fear of missing out mindset, sort of like the housing market and other business models using scarcity marketing. It's nice to buy a gun, but self discipline with financial sense is a must.
FOMO. I had to have my daughter explain that one to me. I don't have that issue with guns, but I certainly have that issue when it comes to seeing my grandson in sporting events. Until last year's football season, I had NEVER missed a game or any his trap shooting. It's a very real emotion.

Don't take offense to my comments, I've always had a "way" with mechanical things.
But of course, I'm highly offended. Are you saying I'm not mechanically inclined? Ask anyone. They will tell you old Bobbygun is totally maniacally inclined. And as for reassembling those Rugers, you're going about it all wrong. You need to hold the right corner of your mouth slightly higher than the left, push with all three thumbs while cross threading the thingamabob until the doohickey and the whatchamacallit align enough to whack them firmly with a steel ballpeen hammer until just right. :s0084:

Seriously though, that Mark IV is the cat's meow. I've got a Colt and a S&W Victory that both takedown with an Allen screw. Why can't folks just keep it simple? But then I have an old High Standard Model B that I never have gotten apart. I even found the manual and tried following the instructions - without success. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. :s0092:

When the MKIV came out I did comment to myself, this is a nice improvement and many people will really appreciate it. But I already have a matched pair and certainly don't need to buy one just to try it out!

Pair of em 2.jpg

The one on the right was my grandpa's. First handgun I ever shot.

Last Edited:
I think some of this gun buying is due to the FOMO or fear of missing out mindset, sort of like the housing market and other business models using scarcity marketing. It's nice to buy a gun, but self discipline with financial sense is a must.
Yep, I get that FOMO on a great deal all the time. What is this discipline you speak of:)

Ah yes, six and a half days into the new year and I can say I've had zero expenditures on firearms/firearms related purchases and zero expenditures on alcohol/alcohol related purchases.

The New Year is off to a bang up start…

Only have 358 days to go!

:s0140:

I keep getting pretty stuff and just can't let it go I do not have a problem but have accepted that I am a steward of some fine firearms . I do not have a problem with that it is my thing and do enjoy each and every one of them . I do have some from the 1960's with 20 rounds through them and the story with them is just as valuable as the actual firearm .

I usually pick up 1 or 2 per year, except for years with extreme political stress (2016 oh no not Hillary and of course 2020 where every immediate family member got an AR).

I made a mad dash to procure wanted firearms from 11/09/22 and 12/08/22.

Thanks to Biden's economy my company gross is dropped 50k from 2021 to 2022. I will be drawing from savings for the next two years until we get some cheap energy and fixed supply lines. No new firearms for me until we start building our savings back up. Our adult kids can buy their own stuff from now on.

I have been addicted to every hobby i've gotten myself in. I'm an excessive person. 1 jsut isn't enough. I want more than one and i want the same one in different colors and configurations.
If you're a collector type you'll always justify the next purchase and there will always be one more after saying this is the last one for a while.

I have been addicted to every hobby i've gotten myself in. I'm an excessive person. 1 jsut isn't enough. I want more than one and i want the same one in different colors and configurations.
If you're a collector type you'll always justify the next purchase and there will always be one more after saying this is the last one for a while.
I would be that kind of person if I had the budget for it, but I mostly only get multiples if it is a SHTF/prepping kind of firearm. The exception would be .22 rimfire guns.

I'm addicted to tattoos and guns. Just depends on the day and how much disposable cash I have on hand….

I have what I need in regards to firearms. So I'm working on my 4th sleeve. Can't take guns to the grave but I sure as hell will rot with the ink under skin.

Now if only I could convince my wife to not divorce me if I got my neck and hands done. I'm running out of room!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads