JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope they fail far too easily at the wrong time.
Cold day in hell.
Lock up the damned commie left wing legislators, as that would be safety in the right way.
That would be called America Preservation.
As I said earlier, I keep 2 of them as a failover, and chances that they fail the same time are minute... plus I have young children roaming the house, so no drawer business here.

If my kids were mature enough I'd have a quick access they could get into. Right now too young to be trusted alone for more than a half hour so guns are secured away. As they mature I want them to have the option.
When I'm an empty nester, nightstand gun! Locked if grandkids are around.
Don't need Govt. mandating.
Irresponsible fools will be unsafe no matter what the law says. This law is intended to stick it to gun owners not save kids lives.

If my kids were mature enough I'd have a quick access they could get into. Right now too young to be trusted alone for more than a half hour so guns are secured away. As they mature I want them to have the option.
When I'm an empty nester, nightstand gun! Locked if grandkids are around.
Don't need Govt. mandating.
Irresponsible fools will be unsafe no matter what the law says. This law is intended to stick it to gun owners not save kids lives.
I agree with that. We can all be responsible without the government. The gov should be much much smaller and mind a very limited amount of affairs.

The liability factor is already there, so NO damned laws are necessary. Those are just the nose ring to bans and confiscation. They are pushing that line in the sand a bit too far.

The liability factor is already there, so NO damned laws are necessary. Those are just the nose ring to bans and confiscation. They are pushing that line in the sand a bit too far.
I am a little less worried. German origin. In Germany we have all registration and random secure storage checks (no warrants - if you can believe that), but nobody is worried we'd be disarmed. Different history. We don't have a 2A so our starting point is different. But we make great guns ;-)

If the US gov started a confiscation scheme - as in "mandatory buy back" - it could trigger a civil uprising.

I am a little less worried. German origin. In Germany we have all registration and random secure storage checks (no warrants - if you can believe that), but nobody is worried we'd be disarmed. Different history. We don't have a 2A so our starting point is different. But we make great guns ;-)

If the US gov started a confiscation scheme - as in "mandatory buy back" - it could trigger a civil uprising.

There is no Could about it. It will ! The word uprising is like viewing a nuclear blast as nice fireworks.

There is no Could about it. It will ! The word uprising is like viewing a nuclear blast as nice fireworks.
I can sympathize with that, but sheeple are sheeple - law abiding citizens have a hard time engaging in "uprising". The pain threshold needs to be much higher for people to act the way they did in the 1700s.

I can sympathize with that, but sheeple are sheeple - law abiding citizens have a hard time engaging in "uprising". The pain threshold needs to be much higher for people to act the way they did in the 1700s.
We no longer possess the "greatest generation" mentality, sadly. Americans would never stand for rationing or self-sacrifice like that again. Giving up even one "Latte" would be a devastating event to most. We want, what we want and we want it now. Spoiled nation indeed....:mad:
You can take all my rights away, please don't inconvenience me while your doing it.o_O

Last Edited:
We no longer possess the "greatest generation" mentality, sadly. Americans would never stand for rationing or self-sacrifice like that again. Giving up even one "Latte" would be a devastating event to most. We want, what we want and we want it now. Spoiled nation indeed....:mad:
You can take all my rights away, please don't inconvenience me while your doing it.o_O
The old saying comes to mind: you don't know what you have until it's gone. Chances are it's already gone.

Having your firearms under lock and key is NOT a bad thing by any means. A law forcing people to do it is. I've invested in a Speed Vault that will be mounted under my nightstand for quick access and because I'd rather not lose my gun owning rights due to a silly piece of legislation. I'm also considering one of those nifty shelves with the hidden storage compartment underneath for by the front door.

TacticalWalls-Hidden-Shelves-For-Firearms-1.jpg

Unfortunately most who want to disturb your 2A rights aren't interested in hearing an ideological argument.
There is something you could bring up against this though. You could say this only hurts poorer people who can't afford a proper safe.
You would have to be very careful how you argue it though because you don't want to come off making them think gun owners don't use safes at all. They are notorious for finding the weak point in an argument and dis-informing the public that way.

Hey, maybe the government can buy us all gun-safes? I mean Hillary and O'Bama want free college for everyone. Maybe we could pay higher taxes to cover the costs...o_O

Could HE!!, it WOULD!!!!
That is exactly why there is the 2A in the Constitution!!! To keep the elected British oppressors in check, it will happen long before they try and enact a mandatory gun buy back scheme!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I hope you are right, but seeing how much the 2A has already been infringed upon I would not be surprised if they manage to infringe a little more .... it's like cutting salami one slice at the time. Before your know it the entire thing is gone.

If they leave hunters alone (you can keep shotguns, bolt actions, and a revolver) the number of gun owners actively fighting for gun rights would be largely diminished. Playing devil's advocate, obviously - but I don't have illusions either.

We're screwed! :confused:
Folks:

SB 941 relating to universal background checks passed from the Oregon Senate to the Oregon House of representatives with No Republican votes. Senator Betsy Johnson (D) voted No with the Republicans. The A11 amendment on OLIS was proposed as an alternative. No Republican suggestions were incorporated into the final bill.

Oddly, the majority Democrats voted to move away from the present Oregon State Police policy of reporting 100% of the failed background checks to law enforcement to a system of permissive reporting. From a law enforcement point of view this is very odd. For the record, it was Republican pressure last year that resulted in enforcing existing laws on illegal purchase attempts of firearms by prohibited buyers.

We have been told SB 941 will be assigned to the House Rules Committee whose Chair is Representative Val Hoyle at [email protected]. If you have comments this is the point of contact along with your own State Representative.

The bill status is at https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Measures/Overview/SB941.

Please keep in mind, blanket attack emails to every Legislator is not effective. In fact, attack emails are counter-productive. Therefore, I suggest targeted personal emails with personal suggestions or respective opinions is your best option to influence the future of SB 941 in the Oregon House of Representatives.

Sincerely,

Brian J. Boquist

State Senator

District 12

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top