JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The halfwits in state government tried something very similar to this in Washington state around 1996. It was called I-596. I got mad and got involved and come voting day the smart folks of WA state defeated this by an overwhelming NO vote of 80%.

And this time in WA no one voted :\/\/\

"Are they going to come knocking on our doors now ??"

Nope, of course not, that'll never happen...
'Cuz when politicians say a gun law is written, " to protect the children ".
They have no intention of knocking at all :s0043:.....

Maybe it's time to get the ball rolling for some initiatives already. Anyone know a GOOD lawyer? I've often thought that a national initiative system every presidential election would be a good idea.

Because they abused their power by unnecessarily declaring this an "emergency" we are prevented from being able to vote on it later. That alone should tell you how high the stakes are. This is just the beginning and future abuses of power will not be limited just to firearms. We will be wrapped in the chains of tyranny before they are done with us. If it were otherwise they would not be preventing the voters from having the opportunity to overturn it.

I don't know if we can introduce an initiative restricting the use of "emergency" legislation so that it meets actual emergency conditions or perhaps remove the part that prevents the people from overturning it. I don't know if this is in the Oregon Constitution or a simple rule that our "representatives" have conjured up themselves.

How can ANYTHING be above the power of the people?! Whatever happened to a gov't of the people, by the people and for the people?!

We got fat and happy so we stopped paying attention. The politicians took advantage of that. They are going to keep talking advantage of us until we unite, stand up, and take back control. If we wait too long we will even lose that.

We got fat and happy so we stopped paying attention. The politicians took advantage of that. They are going to keep talking advantage of us until we unite, stand up, and take back control. If we wait too long we will even lose that.

The politicians are duly elected by the people that constitute a simple majority. This means that the politicians are merely performing the work they were elected to do by a simple majority of the people. I do not like being divisionary in any matter, but this is simply what a majority of the people want.

The ones of us out of that current simple majority are simply subject to the rule of the majority. When we figure out a way to become that majority again, then we can change the will of the people and the performance of the politicians. Until that time, our rights will continue to be eroded on a daily basis.

Our country and state are in uncharted waters. For the worlds longest surviving democracy, there is no historical precedent for what is happening or will happen. It has taken the people and politicians years to figure out how to circumvent and prostitute the laws our founding fathers created within the context of a legal framework.

You are seeing the fruition of those efforts in our society today.

We "the people" have lost sight of governing ourselves as we have become what 3MTA3 penned so well "fat and happy' or rather "fat & lazy" that we have become a society that wants to be told, instructed and governed as to what we should do. In all area's of our lives and we believe or trust the government knows best.
We allow more laws to rule us to the point it will become impossible for complete compliance. Look no further than the Old Testament for examples of this. The Pharisee's concocted so many laws that no one could keep them and be human.
Our forefather foresaw this when they wrote the 2nd amendment as to keep said government in check.
Exactly why the current POTUS wants our guns...IMVHOo_O

If only they'd put this to a public vote...:s0029:We'd beat it down as well I believe..

Only if people got off their azzes and voted. That's what killed Washington.

I do wish more anger would have come out over the Emergency clause BS though.
That is total abuse of everything ethical and right, but that is who the beast is.

Last Edited:
These aren't the droids you're looking for.......your every day, average county or stater LEO probably won't be the problem or the enforcer....it'll be Feds that got their info from a goofy neighbor or a vindictive ex. In minutes you go from a law abiding citizen to a gun less criminal whose assets have been civil seized and fighting the Feds hundreds of attorneys with some poor ambulance chaser who did your will.....
It would be unthinkable to even have this conversation 10 years ago. Here's a thought....what would a day of OC for every legal owner in a state look like? We know there are roughly 400,000 CHL/CPL owners in Washington alone. That would send a message.......

Brutus out

We wouldn't need to vote on anything if the Constitution was respected and followed. We are a CONSTITUTIONAL-REPUBLIC!!! We have rules our elected officials are supposed to follow - we make them swear an oath to those rules!!!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top