JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
William Kirk with Washington Gun Law explains how SAF lawsuit against the California AWB is attempting to go around the BS that Newsome is trying to pull. For those not aware, SCOTUS already sent the ban back to the 9th district court. Benitez issued his ruling that the bans were unconstitutional, same as he has done with the standard capacity magazine ban. California immediately appealed. SAF then went to SCOTUS saying this is BS that California is flipping off SCOTUS and doing the same thing over again. Instead of running around the same track again, SAF is asking Scotus to spank the 9th, Newsome, and his AG.

Don't know how far it will go but this has national implications because of the other states with similar bans.

William Kirk with Washington Gun Law explains how SAF lawsuit against the California AWB is attempting to go around the BS that Newsome is trying to pull. For those not aware, SCOTUS already sent the ban back to the 9th district court. Benitez issued his ruling that the bans were unconstitutional, same as he has done with the standard capacity magazine ban. California immediately appealed. SAF then went to SCOTUS saying this is BS that California is flipping off SCOTUS and doing the same thing over again. Instead of running around the same track again, SAF is asking Scotus to spank the 9th, Newsome, and his AG.

Don't know how far it will go but this has national implications because of the other states with similar bans.

There definitely needs to be a ruling that AWB and Mag bans declared unconstitutional once and for all!

Time for SCOTUS to make a plain language ruling on:

So called assault weapons bans/restrictions
So called high capacity magazine bans/restrictions
Ammo background checks
Mix-match of concealed carry laws

All needs to be nullified by the SCOTUS once and for all.

Its weird to me to think about how our constitutional rights come down to just one or two judges.
Its also weird to think about how so many more other judges don't interpret the law literally...

While it would be good to get the legal back and forth over with.... Lets just hope SCOTUS understands the 2A wasn't about hunting and includes advancements in technology. None of them strike me as wanting to own an AR15.

Its weird to me to think about how our constitutional rights come down to just one or two judges.
Its also weird to think about how so many more other judges don't interpret the law literally...

While it would be good to get the legal back and forth over with.... Lets just hope SCOTUS understands the 2A wasn't about hunting and includes advancements in technology. None of them strike me as wanting to own an AR15.
i think you would be very surprised if the judges were forced to declare what guns they own. Even the very liberal judges have a very good idea of what self defense looks like.
Ask the conservative judges what it looks like to have a mob in front of their houses. Ask what its like to have an armed man arrested on your property with a bag of weapons, zip ties, duct tape etc...
Even Ruth Badder Ginsberg was a gun owner.
Liberals don't want to ban guns, they just don't want you to have guns.

i think you would be very surprised if the judges were forced to declare what guns they own. Even the very liberal judges have a very good idea of what self defense looks like.
Ask the conservative judges what it looks like to have a mob in front of their houses. Ask what its like to have an armed man arrested on your property with a bag of weapons, zip ties, duct tape etc...
Even Ruth Badder Ginsberg was a gun owner.
Liberals don't want to ban guns, they just don't want you to have guns.
possible, but Im not confident in that at all.

If RGB was a gun owner she had no clue why it was needed as a right.

"But, Justice Ginsburg explains, "When we no longer need people to keep muskets in their home, then the Second Amendment has no function, its function is to enable the young nation to have people who will fight for it to have weapons that those soldiers will own. So I view the Second Amendment as rooted in the time totally allied to the need to support a militia. So...the Second Amendment is outdated in the sense that its function has become obsolete."

Even a lot of conservatives feel guns like AR15s should have "common sense" regulation. The original intent and understanding of the 2A is a minority opinion now or we wouldn't be here.

I agree, the overall hesitance from the Supreme Court to just plainly state that bans on commonly used firearms and magazines are unconstitutional is cause for concern.

Time for SCOTUS to make a plain language ruling on:

So called assault weapons bans/restrictions
So called high capacity magazine bans/restrictions
Ammo background checks
Mix-match of concealed carry laws

All needs to be nullified by the SCOTUS once and for all.
Easy.

Marbury v Madison.(any law repugnant to Constitution is null and void, basically)

Declare NFA 1934, GCA 1968, Hughes Amendment of FOPA 1986 unconstitutional; and declare all State laws that contradicts Constitution, to be null and voided, completely unenforceable

I agree, the overall hesitance from the Supreme Court to just plainly state that bans on commonly used firearms and magazines are unconstitutional is cause for concern.
I do understand why SCOTUS would want to take things slow and incrementally but at the same time with the 2A the day of reckoning has arrived.
Its either stand behind the 2A or neuter it and start a civil war.
I suspect that even the conservative justices struggle with the liberal propaganda that you can legislate violent crime with gun laws.

The Supreme Court consists of nine Justices.
A decision by the Supreme Court requires a majority of the court.

Majority means more than half.
Basic math tells us five is more than half.

Similarly, consent of the majority of the Senate is required to confirm or reject a Supreme Court Justice nomination.
There are 100 voting members of the Senate

Last Edited:
The Supreme Court consists of nine Justices.
A decision by the Supreme Court requires a majority of the court.

Majority means more than half.
Basic math tells us five is more than half.

Similarly, consent of the majority of the Senate is required to confirm or reject a Supreme Court Justice nomination.
There are 100 voting members of the Senate
I was referring to the two conservative judges; Judge Raschio in Oregon, Judge Benitez in California
Without them I doubt SCOTUS would take up those cases.

Regardless of what she said She had a gun permit till she died! Again she wanted her gun, she just did not think you need one. Diane Feinstein was another that carried every day everywhere. She had herself sworn in as a Federal Marshal so she could carry on a plane. She when asked about her guns would say "I gave up my CCW years ago". But she would leave out the Federal Marshal credential she had. DR

Regardless of what she said She had a gun permit till she died! Again she wanted her gun, she just did not think you need one. Diane Feinstein was another that carried every day everywhere. She had herself sworn in as a Federal Marshal so she could carry on a plane. She when asked about her guns would say "I gave up my CCW years ago". But she would leave out the Federal Marshal credential she had. DR
Just to clarify, I agree anti gun liberal politicians are hypocrites about gun rights. Their idea of gun rights is the right to ask permission.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top