JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think President Trump is doing a great job or would you have preferred hillery?

I still like the NRA warts and all!!

I'm not giving in to the dem/commie party and their not-so-stealthy tactics...

Naw I voted for Gary Johnson. You're welcome to prefer and vote for any candidate you want. You're welcome to support the NRA or not. Welcome to Northwest Firearms we're here to support the 2A and keep firearms and shooting sports accessible to everyone.

See how that works.

Even some LGSs will support background checks, anonymously of course.

"We said, 'Hey man, let's just wait an extra five days just to see if we get a response.' And, the gentleman was like, 'you know what, F--k you guys, I'm not waiting I'm just going to buy one at the gun show,'" said the gun dealer, who requested to remain anonymous for fear of potential backlash to his business.

The gun dealer recalled another situation in which after, denying a person who had a medical marijuana card – because it is still considered illegal at the federal level – he was told, "You know what, there's a gun show Saturday I'm just going to go buy one at the gun show." He told Fox News "that's happened several times."

anyone here every had the opportunity to answer a poll? I've never been asked or contacted ever. not even if I liked pepsi or coke. I'm starting to think they dont occur. (or probably because they are not allowed to call cell phones and so polls are only for people who still have land lines).

Last Edited:
I vaguely remember people throwing away their vote for some obscure guy that hadn't a prayer of winning.

Smart move, for the dem/commie party.

WA is a winner take all state that hasn't been close to red in decades. So I get to cast my vote and it doesnt really matter either way. But thanks for your opinion. Not sure why we cant get more people on our side of the 2A issue with that sort of rhetoric.

If you want to win ballot initiatives and elections in 2020, you better get started today. When you read online news, do you notice there are reader comments posted? How many support 2A? Why don't you start there? Join. It's usually free. You can create a special email address just for that if you want. Post thoughtful TRUE commentary. Minimize sarcasm and NEVER use humor that will be miscontrued.

Speak in positive terms whenever you can, and always speak politely and peacefully. EXAMPLE:
WRONG "You liberal gun grabber idiots ..." won't be read any farther than that.
A BETTER WAY "If those gun laws worked so well, why is Chigago such a scary place? Is Chicago violence because of Indiana's lax laws? OK, then why is Indiana crime so much lower? "

You will get lots of flames, but one or two thumbs up. You need to get the truth heard, and just like in most of history, the crowd may not agree. But they will hear. And some will see your logic as they think on it later.

We can gripe at each other, or we can spread the truth.

Last Edited:
Polls are mostly by media which are mostly run by leftists anti-gun organizations. They are filled with bias and lies. Take 'assault weapon.' It's a real term applied in a dishonest lying way, to influence people. There's inherent falsehood in the polling. If the poll were honest it would state semi-automatic firearm with standard capacity magazine, provide real stats on lower overall violent crime rates, etc....

We are mostly winning, but made to appear we are losing. In my voting lifetime the following has happened:

* AWB enacted and then failed and was allowed to sunset.
* From most states with may issue concealed carry to most states with either shall issue or Constitutional carry, which has been a success.
* Gun control stats prove it has failed.
* Heller ruling that the 2A is a individual right.
* McDonald ruling that incorporates the 2A.
* Many lower court rulings in favor of gun rights.
* SCOTUS is generally a conservative majority.
* Gun ownership seems to be a very high percent and raw number of people.
* More women gun owners/carriers.
* Gun control has been generally a losing issue for Dims. They lost seats under Clinton & Obama after gun control pushes. Gore lost, Kerry lost, and Hillary lost and they were big on gun control.
* Bush and Trump won, and both were for gun rights. Trump had strong NRA support.

As long as we can get the DIMs out of power we continue to win on guns.

WA is a winner take all state that hasn't been close to red in decades. So I get to cast my vote and it doesnt really matter either way. But thanks for your opinion. Not sure why we cant get more people on our side of the 2A issue with that sort of rhetoric.
With naive defeatist attitudes like that why bother getting up every day since you're not going to live forever...?

In the aggregate, how many tens of thousands of really dumb self defeatist people probably are pro-2A but "didn't bother voting" because it "doesn't really matter?" Do you know our forefathers fought and died against extreme long odds for such freedoms? It matters.

And Trump won an extremely unlikely election victory because it did matter and people pulled the right lever.

IMO it's simply unacceptable in a binary race with so much at stake to have such a pathetic attitude and throw away a vote.

Last Edited:
So what's the purity test to be anointed pro 2A?

Sorry man there are alot of good reasons to be disgusted with Trump and the NRA. And having the additude that you must share all political convictions to be deemed worthy by the almighty keeper of the pro 2A button is killing us.

Um, pretty simple.

Vote for realistically pro-2A candidates and policies. You apparently don't. Winners make policies and laws. Losers walk.
Support pro-2A organizations. Apparently you don't.

* Bonus points if you buy and own guns and accessories.

Um, pretty simple.

Vote for realistically pro-2A candidates and policies. You apparently don't. Winners make policies and laws. Losers walk.
Support pro-2A organizations. Apparently you don't.

* Bonus points if you buy and own guns and accessories.

Interesting but I do and I do, we cant even have a conversation among pro 2a people with out the gate keepers deciding who is pure enough to have an opinion.

Interesting but I do and I do, we cant even have a conversation among pro 2a people with out the gate keepers deciding who is pure enough to have an opinion.

One needn't be a purist. But one shan't make oneself irrelevant to the cause brother. You've said you didn't vote for Trump, which in theory was a vote for Hillary, who was viciously anti-gun and a disaster for the nation. You don't support the NRA apparently.

So, do tell, what "pro gun" stuff do you do that isn't totally self-serving?

I vote pro-2A. I support pro-2A causes like the NRA, SAF, etc. I've been to rallies and carried signs. I've distributed materials door-to-door. I train and teach new shooters and convert a lot of former anti-gunners to pro-2A.

One needn't be a purist. But one shan't make oneself irrelevant to the cause brother. You've said you didn't vote for Trump, which in theory was a vote for Hillary, who was viciously anti-gun and a disaster for the nation. You don't support the NRA apparently.

So, do tell, what "pro gun" stuff do you do that isn't totally self-serving?

I vote pro-2A. I support pro-2A causes like the NRA, SAF, etc. I've been to rallies and carried signs. I've distributed materials door-to-door. I train and teach new shooters and convert a lot of former anti-gunners to pro-2A.

Voted for gary johnson, nra member, regular 2nd ammendment foundation donor... Oh I guess I'm worthy to have an opinion now?

Here's the deal the 2nd amendment isnt for republicans, it's for the gay couple that keeps getting harrassed, it's for the the Muslim immigrant that lives in a poor crap neighborhood with zero police response time, it's for the 60 year old liberal college professor who been divorced 6 times and lives alone. Thoes are the people that need to realise it's their 2nd amendment too. And berating people for not holding all your ideal is never going to start a conversation that could make them begin to consider..

The polls also predicted.

Madam_President.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Anyone who has taken a college-level course in statistics - as I have - knows that you don't need a huge sample size to characterize a population. A surprisingly small sample size can accurately characterize a much larger population as long as the sample is truly random. Increasing the sample size past a certain point doesn't significantly increase the accuracy of the study. In other words, a small sample above a certain minimum size does as well as a larger sample. You are never going to see a poll with a sample size of "1 or 2 million" because it would be an unnecessary waste of time and money gathering that much data.

There are multiple calculators available online that calculate the minimum sample size necessary to characterize a population of a given size with a given level of confidence and margin of error.

There are 153 million registered voters in the US. Use that as the population size. For a margin of error of plus-minus 3% and with 95% confidence used by that Fox News poll plug the numbers into the calculator and it says you need a sample size of 1,849 to characterize that 153 million population with 95% confidence the "real" number you would get if you sampled 100% of the population would be within 3% of the number your 1,849 sample size gave you.

Good to know I kind of figured statistics required thousands of inputs/measurements to factually declare. I just figured from a small pool size and phrasing of article its sensationalism declaring a base of say 60% of 1000 as the national interest makes little sense to me how they conducting these. Again misleading and trying to demoralize.

My math formula is to take the X of pollers and divide that by nation - 50 states = rough sum of group size per 50 states. So if say 20 or 30 people per 50 states is some how enough to form the % of the nations interest that seems a little suspect to me. Which is why I still find these poll sizes very very small when broken down.

Voted for gary johnson, nra member, regular 2nd ammendment foundation donor... Oh I guess I'm worthy to have an opinion now?

Here's the deal the 2nd amendment isnt for republicans, it's for the gay couple that keeps getting harrassed, it's for the the Muslim immigrant that lives in a poor crap neighborhood with zero police response time, it's for the 60 year old liberal college professor who been divorced 6 times and lives alone. Thoes are the people that need to realise it's their 2nd amendment too. And berating people for not holding all your ideal is never going to start a conversation that could make them begin to consider..

Great.

Now how many gays, Muslims, and old liberal college professors have you converted to pro-2A?

I've converted several anti-gunners or otherwise ignorant folks to gun owners and pro2A voters.

Great.

Now how many gays, Muslims, and old liberal college professors have you converted to pro-2A?

I've converted several anti-gunners or otherwise ignorant folks to gun owners and pro2A voters.

Ive found the argument that gun restrictions taxes and fees are regressive and mostly harm low income single mothers and minoritys in places where law enforcement is questionable. And voting for increased fees would be them extending their racist policies birthed from their own white privilege. It has worked some, doubt it has changed any votes.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top