JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I recently was part of a juror pool. The defense asked "how many people own firearms". Nearly all of us raised our hands.

Second question: "How many are members of the NRA?"

One dude.

Its not what it was. We wish it was what it was. It isn't. They don't care about us.

Let me ask those LM's and those that are able to vote in the board elections if they researched, conversed with other members and voted appropriately to try and rid the WLP lackeys off the board?
Thought so.
Yes...I have voted in the board elections against Wayne La Pierre's lackeys....yet like herpes...he and they are still here.

Wayne La Pierre is a case of the messenger killing the message.
Andy

I recently was part of a juror pool. The defense asked "how many people own firearms". Nearly all of us raised our hands.

Second question: "How many are members of the NRA?"

One dude.

Its not what it was. We wish it was what it was. It isn't. They don't care about us.
What you witnessed was a disparity that has always existed: The number of gun owners in the U.S. dwarfs the amount that are NRA members, and always has. In fact, I would venture to say the one in that group was probably a lucky find; actually a greater percentage than exists (or existed) nationwide.

The NRA's lobbying power I would also confidently venture to say is GREATER than it has been in years past. The internet enables instant activation of and communication with the membership on upcoming issues. Mobilization can occur more swiftly and effectively (ask Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, BOTH of whom felt compelled to publicly acknowledge the NRA blew them clean out of the water).

NRA's efforts are not limited to elections and legislative activity. Right now the greatest asset gun owners have in our government is the make-up of the Supreme Court. NRA was instrumental toward influencing the recent gun-favorable appointments to that body. THIS activity and those appointments are solid, long-haul achievements that will help gun owners to a much further extent and for a lot longer than any influence toward local law. Results of these appointments have ALREADY borne good fruit.

Concerns about the small percentage of gun owners that are NRA members as an indicator of whether or not the NRA "cares about us" could easily be turned around, and in fact it makes more sense to make the statement, "The gun owners don't care about THEMSELVES." Persons with surprise at the paucity of that small percentage have it within their power to change it.

Become a Member. Educate yourself toward what the NRA does on a regular basis and is doing at this moment and balance that with what you believe they haven't done. You may have voted (TWICE!) for a rich, fat, obnoxious slob that wears fancy suits to run your country (because he just might be what is needed to save it). You may well vote a third time for the vulgar S.O.B. if you are given the chance, and for the same good reason.

The discovery that one of those is running the NRA can't be such a horrible assault on your sensibilities as to make you give up the best gun in the rack for the fight to save your freedom.

This is the NRA I belong to:

Yes...I have voted in the board elections against Wayne La Pierre's lackeys....yet like herpes...he and they are still here.

Wayne La Pierre is a case of the messenger killing the message.
Andy
Thanks brother for your willingness to make a conscious effort to change the BOD.

I'll bet that many here did not even make that effort to do so, they throw a few $ to an organization or two and call there efforts good enough.

Folks, It's up to individuals to do the work that needs to be done to fight the nefarious party of doom.

Thanks brother for your willingness to make a conscious effort to change the BOD.

I'll bet that many here did not even make that effort to do so, they throw a few $ to an organization or two and call there efforts good enough.

Folks, It's up to individuals to do the work that needs to be done to fight the nefarious party of doom.
That effort you mentioned as well as work...is important.

It is easy to point fingers , or complain....it is even easy at times to see just what needs to be done....
However...
Getting that work done...can be a different matter altogether.
Like many things involving a club or organization...the work that is needed to be done by all....is done only by a few.

Andy

Imo, NRA of the past:

1/5 $ spent on youth stuff etc
3/5 $ spent on lobbying
1/5 $ spent on admin etc.

Todays NRA:

3/5 of $ spent on LaPierre's PERSONAL lawsuits to keep him out of prison
1/5 spent on the "oligarch's" salaries
1/5 spent on everything else

Imo, NRA of the past:

1/5 $ spent on youth stuff etc
3/5 $ spent on lobbying
1/5 $ spent on admin etc.

Todays NRA:

3/5 of $ spent on LaPierre's PERSONAL lawsuits to keep him out of prison
1/5 spent on the "oligarch's" salaries
1/5 spent on everything else
I would grant you that financial records toward outlays from the NRA may take some effort (and it shouldn't).
But I would BET you, that such (perhaps not as pure as RMEF) could readily be obtained.

Decisions should be arrived at with information we have.

This conceited , bloated , back blast of a wet fart...has ruined what once was an excellent resource for the gun owner.
Andy, why did you have to go and insult farts like that? Unlike WLP, they CAN do useful work... like the jar of my concentrated azzblastage that got an even more horrible stinker of a prof fired in college.

You mean when I posted it at Redstate back before their Regime Change saw the new Kalifornia Karen-in-Chief decide that real conservatives were no longer welcome?
Either you posted it here, or you posted a link (I think that's what you actually did). All I remember is you mentioning it here, there was a query, and the next thing I knew, I had found the story and was laughing my azz off all the way through it.

You should post the story in its own right in the Stupid Thoughts or Goofy Humor thread, so we can all enjoy it, and be able to search it up for repeat hilarity...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews