JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Great to be invited to jump on someone, eh? First, I'm not intending to bash the NRA; I've been a member since forever, and I've already "extended" my membership beyond my life expectancy.

Here's the rub. I've felt a distinct lack of NRA presence (or even support & sympathy) during the past couple of years while the state government in Olympia has been gleefully raping Washington firearm owners. It's like we've been ghosted by our national organization (last I looked, Washington was still part of the nation, right?). Maybe I'm wrong about NRA absenteeism; if so, tell me all the ways that NRA has been working behind the scenes to keep my state from enacting all those bubblegumty laws. Maybe you folks in Oregon are wondering the same thing?

Worse yet, while the little onion ring is still inflamed, my email inbox has recently started to fill up daily with emails from NRA screaming that the sky is falling and only contributing my retirement check and first-born can save the Second Amendment from Biden. Seriously, never an email from them while Olympia was trampling all over us, and now they want more of my money?

Surely my feeling of abandonment must be misplaced; please help me achieve peace and tranquility by pointing out for me all the NRA wonderfulness that I seem to be missing.

Last Edited:
I've been a member as well since the 80's. They have done little to fight the fight here in Oregon.
The GOA and NAGR are the ones who are actually battling for our rights.
NRA-ILA is supported separately from the NRA. I do believe in them, but they need our support!

The reason you've felt a distinct lack of NRA presence is because they've been too busy spending members' money on legal bills, all brought about by one rotten, self-serving, corrupt SOB serving as the EVP with the initials WLP and his band of bootlicking, rubber-stamping, turn-a-blind-eye toadies on the BOD. In the past four years since the corruption scandal broke, the NRA has seen a significant decrease in both revenue and membership, yet they are spending about a third of the reduced revenues fighting lawsuits of their own doing. Rest assured; your feeling of abandonment is not misplaced. Until that worthless POS Wayne LaPew is gone you will get much more bang for your buck by donating to the SAF or GOA. (A lifetime membership with the SAF is only $150).

If you want all the gory details of how bad things really are with the NRA, here's a few links:

So you expect the NRA to change your liberal neighbors voting for gun controls? Or do you expect the NRA to spend time and money on a lost cause like Oregon or Washington?

NRA has been infiltrated with liberal gun hobbyists and like all liberal gun hobbyists they don't care about rights.

Once upon a time....

There was a powerful organization that was made up of gun owners...and who represented gun owners....
They , believe it or not...actually worked for gun owners and protecting the 2nd Amendment.
It was called the NRA.

Then one day a evil enchanter came along , working his nefarious magic to blind others about his wicked , arrogant and self serving ways.
This conceited , bloated , back blast of a wet fart...has ruined what once was an excellent resource for the gun owner.

The days of brightness for the NRA are now dimmed by the shadow of darkness cast by this Duke of Doom named
Wayne LaPierre.

All hyperbole aside...
I am a life member of the NRA...I like what the NRA once was.
I don't care so much for it now.
Andy

I will never fund the NRA ever again..... they have sat back asking for funds and spam me with wanting money with nothign to show for it. While FPC and GOA are on the front lines. I will happily continue to give monthly to FPC and GOA and I encourage all to do the same as they are fighting for our rights. The Left is extremely funded and determined to destroy our rights, we need to fund those who are fighting for us.

Sad folks blame the NRA for the liberals voting for gun controls. It isn't the NRAs fault Oregon and Washington politics is so full of liberals that vote for gun controls. Truth is and it's a truth that once you accept it you are morally bound, it's the liberals that are the problem and not the NRA.

Worse yet, while the little onion ring is still inflamed
LOL.
The reason you've felt a distinct lack of NRA presence is because they've been too busy spending members' money on legal bills, all brought about by one rotten, self-serving, corrupt SOB serving as the EVP with the initials WLP and his band of bootlicking, rubber-stamping, turn-a-blind-eye toadies on the BOD. In the past four years since the corruption scandal broke, the NRA has seen a significant decrease in both revenue and membership, yet they are spending about a third of the reduced revenues fighting lawsuits of their own doing. Rest assured; your feeling of abandonment is not misplaced. Until that worthless POS Wayne LaPew is gone you will get much more bang for your buck by donating to the SAF or GOA. (A lifetime membership with the SAF is only $150).

If you want all the gory details of how bad things really are with the NRA, here's a few links:

And you? ^^^^ You need to learn to speak your mind. Don't hold back my friend. It's not healthy.

So you expect the NRA to change your liberal neighbors voting for gun controls? Or do you expect the NRA to spend time and money on a lost cause like Oregon or Washington?

NRA has been infiltrated with liberal gun hobbyists and like all liberal gun hobbyists they don't care about rights.
Much like our vice president, who takes credit for being something she isn't, the NRA take the credit for being a Gun rights juggernaut from Hollywood and the left but aren't.

I'm not a member but am and donate to several others. The ones you actually read about in lawsuits whether they win or not. It's amazing with all the NRA's supposed power, if they actually used it, how much positive could actually be done.

Sad folks blame the NRA for the liberals voting for gun controls. It isn't the NRAs fault Oregon and Washington politics is so full of liberals that vote for gun controls. Truth is and it's a truth that once you accept it you are morally bound, it's the liberals that are the problem and not the NRA.
Sad that Wayne Lapierre is a fuggn con artist.

And mind you that there are many kinds/types of gun owners....

1690747182460.png

1690747008116.png

1690747035691.png

1690747135765.png

Aloha, Mark

PS.....YES, they might NOT even be, NRA members.

1690747407524.png

There is some truth to this statement. Followed by a large BUT:

The political situation in Wash / Oregon isn't a valid reason for the NRA to abandon dues paying members in those states.

If the NRA had to prioritize their spending, they chose to absent the battlefield on some pretty weighty issues for Wash. gun owners.

And, if they have to spend so carefully on real pro-gun activism, a large part of that is because of (already stated) mismanagement and corruption.

There is irony in the fact that the NRA remains a huge lightning rod for the anti-gun people who erroneously think it's still a serious foe.

Corruption and embezzlement are a chronic problem for non-profit organizations. There are crooks who like to infiltrate such groups for the sole purpose of enriching themselves. Often, they are accepted with open arms because it can be hard to find individuals to fill leadership positions. But the NRA has expanded this to quite possibly an unprecedented level.

And you? ^^^^ You need to learn to speak your mind. Don't hold back my friend. It's not healthy.
Few things punch my buttons like that self-dealing, grifting lowlife that is Wayne LaPierre. Tens of millions of members' hard-earned dollars that could have been spent defending gun owners' rights instead went to junkets around the world, Beverly Hills boutiques, exclusive club membership dues, private jets, private yachts, "living expenses", and now legal expenses to a law firm representing the NRA that loses over and over again in court, to the tune of $1,400 an hour. I hope when all this shakes out and the dust settles that worthless s#!t stain is rewarded with a lengthy prison sentence, along with any of the sycophantic handmaidens on the Board of Directors that enabled him.

OK, I tried not to hold back this time.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR