JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Addressed to all of our customers, Oregon gun owners, our fellow Oregon FFLs, and to firearms enthusiasts everywhere:

By now you are most likely aware that at 12am on Dec 8th the Oregon State Police will be requiring permits for firearms purchasing due to Measure 114. There have been numerous questions surrounding what will happen next. As of now on the FICS website there are currently ~ 4,100 purchasers in the CHL queue, and ~19,200 in the normal queue. Additionally we have over 50 clients who have been in a Delayed background check status indefinitely, 5 of which are still from 2020.

With queue numbers rapidly increasing daily as more and more Oregonians attempt to acquire firearms before their rights are restricted for the foreseeable future, by Dec 7th at 11:59pm we estimate that upwards of 30,000+ purchasers will be stuck in limbo with no way to take possession of their purchases.

This has created a situation where both businesses and customers are stuck in a no-win scenario. What happens to the hundreds of thousands of dollars spent in tied up purchases across the state? Will customers have their hard earned money tied up in pending sales indefinitely until a permitting system is in place? Will dealers have to refund significant earnings on inventory they can no longer sell and face even further financial issues than this bill will already cause? Many hold out hope for injunctions, lawsuits, stays, etc. Well hope is not a plan. Forced into a corner with an uncertain future we are enacting a nuclear option:

Effective immediately we will be releasing all firearms with pending background checks under the 3 day rule listed in [18 U.S.C. 922(t); 27 CFR 478.102(a)(2)].

This means that if 3 full business days have elapsed since we submitted your background check you are good to come in and pick up your firearm. Please note that it must be 3 full business days - this means if you submitted a check on Monday that went into the queue, after Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday have elapsed you may pick up your firearm on Friday.

The last day we can submit your background check and still guarantee delivery by end of day on Dec 7th would be Saturday Dec 3rd.
We are going to plan to be open late Weds Dec 7th to faciliate as many pickups as possible, exact time TBD still.

For those not in the queue and in a Delayed status please note NICS checks are only valid for 30 days, which means you will need to come into the shop for us to fill out a new 4473 to get you back into the queue.

We will of course work through our backlog of pending background checks to call and notify all of our customers as quickly as we can, but in the meantime please spread the word as much as possible on any platform you have access to.

We also invite and encourage all other Oregon FFLs to join us in adopting this policy. If this State wants to take us down we believe we should go out with a bang, not a whimper. After years of indefinite delays, cancellations, and now this assault on our rights & livelihoods it is time to stand together and tell the State and the FICS Unit enough is enough.

Faithfully and sincerely,

- J&B Firearm Sales Inc.

Last Edited:
Addendum:

Phone Lines & Contact:
Full disclosure we only have one phone line and it has not stopped ringing since the election. It is about to get a lot busier. Calling the shop to get a hold of us will be very difficult if not nearly impossible, same goes for answering voicemails & answering questions/comments on here. You can email us at [email protected] and we will reply as quickly as we can, but the easiest way to get a hold of us or to check inventory is to physically come by the shop.

Transfers:
On 11/16 we had posted that we had to put on a hold on transfers due to limited storage space and a volume coming in that has been near impossible to keep up with. We are not doing this to inconvenience people but logistically we have just taken in way too many. Earlier this week we actually had to purchase more safes as we ran out of room in the ones we currently have, and although we close at 6pm a few nights this week we have still been here past 7-8pm unboxing and calling out orders.
As we release firearms and free up storage space I hope we can resume transfers but I cannot guarantee that will be before the deadline. For now we will still be unable to accept FFL and PPTs and I really am sorry for any inconvenience that might cause.

Staff:
We are putting all bodies on deck that we can and will help everyone as quickly as we are able to. Due to the high volume of transactions which is only going to increase please expect there to be a line to be helped at the shop and we appreciate your patience during this time.

Hours: We are still open our regular hours:
Mon-Sat 10-6
Sun 11-5
Please note we are suspending paperwork 45 minutes before close so the staff can get out in a timely manner.
Holiday Hours:
We will be closed Thanksgiving of course, please also note the day prior (Weds the 23rd) we will be closing early at noon.

Last Edited:
Addressed to all of our customers, Oregon gun owners, our fellow Oregon FFLs, and to firearms enthusiasts everywhere:

By now you are most likely aware that at 12am on Dec 8th the Oregon State Police will be requiring permits for firearms purchasing due to Measure 114. There have been numerous questions surrounding what will happen next. As of now on the FICS website there are currently ~ 4,100 purchasers in the CHL queue, and ~19,200 in the normal queue. Additionally we have over 50 clients who have been in a Delayed background check status indefinitely, 5 of which are still from 2020.

With queue numbers rapidly increasing daily as more and more Oregonians attempt to acquire firearms before their rights are restricted for the foreseeable future, by Dec 7th at 11:59pm we estimate that upwards of 30,000+ purchasers will be stuck in limbo with no way to take possession of their purchases.

This has created a situation where both businesses and customers are stuck in a no-win scenario. What happens to the hundreds of thousands of dollars spent in tied up purchases across the state? Will customers have their hard earned money tied up in pending sales indefinitely until a permitting system is in place? Will dealers have to refund significant earnings on inventory they can no longer sell and face even further financial issues than this bill will already cause? Many hold out hope for injunctions, lawsuits, stays, etc. Well hope is not a plan. Forced into a corner with an uncertain future we are enacting a nuclear option:

Effective immediately we will be releasing all firearms with pending background checks under the 3 day rule listed in [18 U.S.C. 922(t); 27 CFR 478.102(a)(2)].

This means that if 3 full business days have elapsed since we submitted your background check you are good to come in and pick up your firearm. Please note that it must be 3 full business days - this means if you submitted a check on Monday that went into the queue, after Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday have elapsed you may pick up your firearm on Friday.

Given that Dec 8th falls on a Thursday that means the last day we can submit your background check and still guarantee delivery by end of day on Dec 7th would be Thursday Dec 1st.

For those not in the queue and in a Delayed status please note NICS checks are only valid for 30 days, which means you will need to come into the shop for us to fill out a new 4473 to get you back into the queue.

We will of course work through our backlog of pending background checks to call and notify all of our customers as quickly as we can, but in the meantime please spread the word as much as possible on any platform you have access to.

We also invite and encourage all other Oregon FFLs to join us in adopting this policy. If this State wants to take us down we believe we should go out with a bang, not a whimper. After years of indefinite delays, cancellations, and now this assault on our rights & livelihoods it is time to stand together and tell the State and the FICS Unit enough is enough.

- J&B Firearm Sales Inc.
Thank you. I hope other FFLs will follow your lead. This is exactly the reason the three day rule was created.

@Joe Link or Mods please put a list of FFLs honoring three day rule in warning banner section of firearm classifieds starting with J&B Firearms. They need all the help we can give them to spread the word.

Last Edited:

Given that Dec 8th falls on a Thursday that means the last day we can submit your background check and still guarantee delivery by end of day on Dec 7th would be Thursday Dec 1st.

- J&B Firearm Sales Inc.
@pdxgordo

I don't want to waste a buyers time, but I'd stay in line just to shake your hand!

Good for you guys. Don't back down.

Before 114 passed, I've often thought about the idea that if a bunch of gun shops all just said "Eff it!" and starting following the 3 day law, it might force the powers that be in Oregon to get their stuff together so they stop blatantly violating constitutional rights.

I would encourage anybody listing a firearm for sale that you try to steer buyers towards using J&B Firearms or other FFLs who have publicly committed to honoring the three day rule.

Last Edited:

- J&B Firearm Sales Inc.
You guy's ROCK!!!! If my normal FFL wont do it I will be sending mine your way. Thank you for all you do!!

Wow, I have a suppressor waiting for me there that I will not get before 12/8 unfortunately. I am going to wait for things to settle down for them a bit, but I will be in to buy whatever they have in stock.

Remember, they are doing this to help US, the gun owners in Oregon right now, but come the 8th they will be the ones needing help as gun sales die off and stop completely. Make sure you go in to any FFL with this policy and buy ammo, targets or accessories because they will need us to stay in business after the 8th.

Wow, I have a suppressor waiting for me there that I will not get before 12/8 unfortunately. I am going to wait for things to settle down for them a bit, but I will be in to buy whatever they have in stock.

Remember, they are doing this to help US, the gun owners in Oregon right now, but come the 8th they will be the ones needing help as gun sales die off and stop completely. Make sure you go in to any FFL with this policy and buy ammo, targets or accessories because they will need us to stay in business after the 8th.
Because they are engaging in the release of firearms Ill be helping out when/where I can with them now. I implore others to do the same.

Thank you for having our backs. I know it was not an easy decision and you have put everything on the line to do so, that has not gone unnoticed or unappreciated. If/when the time comes please do not hesitate to reach out to us again for support.

1668987753906.png

Thank you for the kind words everyone, they are much appreciated!

Does this rule also count towards private party using your ffl to purchase from one another
You guy's ROCK!!!! If my normal FFL wont do it I will be sending mine your way. Thank you for all you do!!
@J&B Firearm Sales Inc. can other local FFLs that don't have the testicle fortitude that you do send held items to you? What would the process look like if somebody had already filled out a 4473 for firearm now being held at other local FFL?
On 11/16 we had posted that we had to put on a hold on transfers due to limited storage space and a volume coming in that has been near impossible to keep up with. We are not doing this to inconvenience people but logistically we have just taken in way too many. Earlier this week we actually had to purchase more safes as we ran out of room in the ones we currently have, and although we close at 6pm a few nights this week we have still been here past 7-8pm unboxing and calling out orders.

As we release firearms and free up storage space I hope we can resume transfers but I cannot guarantee that will be before the deadline. For now we will still be unable to accept FFL and PPTs and I really am sorry for any inconvenience that might cause.

I am going to add this to the Addendum further up the thread as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top