JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Once upon a time....

There was a powerful organization that was made up of gun owners...and who represented gun owners....
They , believe it or not...actually worked for gun owners and protecting the 2nd Amendment.
It was called the NRA.

Then one day a evil enchanter came along , working his nefarious magic to blind others about his wicked , arrogant and self serving ways.
This conceited , bloated , back blast of a wet fart...has ruined what once was an excellent resource for the gun owner.

The days of brightness for the NRA are now dimmed by the shadow of darkness cast by this Duke of Doom named
Wayne LaPierre.

All hyperbole aside...
I am a life member of the NRA...I like what the NRA once was.
I don't care so much for it now.
Andy
Back blast of a wet fart that's poetry my friend.

Once upon a time....

There was a powerful organization that was made up of gun owners...and who represented gun owners....
They , believe it or not...actually worked for gun owners and protecting the 2nd Amendment.
It was called the NRA.

Then one day a evil enchanter came along , working his nefarious magic to blind others about his wicked , arrogant and self serving ways.
This conceited , bloated , back blast of a wet fart...has ruined what once was an excellent resource for the gun owner.

The days of brightness for the NRA are now dimmed by the shadow of darkness cast by this Duke of Doom named
Wayne LaPierre.

All hyperbole aside...
I am a life member of the NRA...I like what the NRA once was.
I don't care so much for it now.
Andy
Actually, going way back before I was a member :) The NRA was a hunting club, and a training responsible use club. And actually had policies against of all things carrying on person.
I can already see a few scoff its not true. I assure you it is, however simplified for this post.
Sounds like back then the NRA wanted no shenanigans like carrying a firearm. As that was seen as silly.
Unless you lived in a big city, carrying unless a Cattle man had little use.
The NRA became political, because the liberals wanting to stop hunting.

And they never stopped wanting.

So not happy wit the NRA......................... I am all hears. Show me something better??
I'll wait.

I will fund those who stand up for America and the 2nd Ammendment. I will not support any politician that is anti 2nd ammendment, and I will only fund organizations like 2A foundation, FPC, and GOA ..... When the NRA wants to start actually doing something for our constitution I'll rethink it. I dont want a membership card, I dont want a cringy bag or hat, or sticker.... I want my rights

Actually, going way back before I was a member :) The NRA was a hunting club, and a training responsible use club. And actually had policies against of all things carrying on person.
I can already see a few scoff its not true. I assure you it is, however simplified for this post.
Sounds like back then the NRA wanted no shenanigans like carrying a firearm. As that was seen as silly.
Unless you lived in a big city, carrying unless a Cattle man had little use.
The NRA became political, because the liberals wanting to stop hunting.

And they never stopped wanting.

So not happy wit the NRA......................... I am all hears. Show me something better??
I'll wait.
I am not interested in something better.....

I am interested in the NRA doing something positive for firearm owners...as it used to do.
Something like the bold claim of being a gun rights advocacy group.

By the way the NRA was founded in 1871 ... Not as a hunting club...but as a way to promote rifle marksmanship.
Andy
Edit to add :
In any event...I don't care to argue 'bout when or why the NRA was founded...
Something better you ask....
Okay then....
Get rid of Wayne LaPierre...then I'll start being proud of my life membership in the NRA .

Last Edited:
The NRA still does a lot of good for the shooting public, training, certifying, scoring matches and on and on. Yes Wayne is a dill-wad but he is not the NRA despite what the anti's want you to think. Our 2A rights are fought and secured with votes not an organization. What would you want the NRA to do to change how the shepeople vote? All I can think of is to keep supporting them, shooting matches and try to show the masses that shooting sports are fun and encourage them to participate.

Yes Wayne is a dill-wad but he is not the NRA despite what the anti's want you to think.
You are correct....Wayne LaPierre is not the NRA....the millions of members are.....
Myself included.

However...
I stand by my statement that Wayne LaPierre is a case of the messenger killing the message.

It don't matter that he ain't the NRA ....and it don't matter that NRA actually still does some good things.
What does matter is that anti-gun people still see him as the NRA.....and that is a bad thing...
'Cause that is all that they see.
For far too many people see Wayne LaPierre as all that the NRA is...and does....
And that hurts all firearm owners and wrecks much of the what the NRA does that is good.
Andy

Last Edited:
Sad to see you toeing the (anti) party line like that Andy and you are right that's the problem.
You would be mistaken.....
I am not anti gun...or even really anti NRA...again I am a life member...so no anti party line with me.
However....I am anti Wayne LaPierre.

My point here is that for many people WLP is the NRA ( however wrong that is )...
And that is what hurts whatever it is that the NRA is doing.

If you think the above , means that I am toeing some party line ,
I assure you that goes against what I stand for...
You are wrong about me.

In any event...
I am done arguing about Wayne LaPierre...
He ain't worth the time of day on a broken watch.
Andy

Last Edited:
Not defending the leadership and why they keep voting LaPierre in. He's bringing the organization down. I am defending the NRA though. They do what the other gun lobbying organizations dont which is shooter safety training, range organization etc. They do a lot of action at the national level too but yeah at the state level theyre lacking sometimes.

The NRA still does a lot of good for the shooting public, training, certifying, scoring matches and on and on. Yes Wayne is a dill-wad but he is not the NRA despite what the anti's want you to think. Our 2A rights are fought and secured with votes not an organization. What would you want the NRA to do to change how the shepeople vote? All I can think of is to keep supporting them, shooting matches and try to show the masses that shooting sports are fun and encourage them to participate.
Real simple!! Get out ahead of the issues through education ads, rally's, organize local campaigns to lobby/protest/inform the public... exactly like the other side does. People will vote on the information available to them. If you/we/they offer no counter information to the woke narrative... I'll let you guess how that's going to go for our rights. Every single time.

Case in point... OR114 or pick your poison among any of the other recent unconstitutional infringement laws in OR and WA. Where was the NRA's assistance trying to educate voters prior to the vote? (rhetorical)

Not even touching on the question of where have they been in challenging those infringements? (again, rhetorical)

All fine and good, but doing "a lot of good for the shooting public, training, certifying, scoring matches and on and on" does absolutely diddly squat to combat the onslaught against 2A rights where it matters at the state level. Lobbying at the federal level is all fine and good, too. Some really great power lunches in the finest restaurants, I'm sure, but that has little impact for average citizens when "states go wild". It also does nothing for us when they rarely go beyond lobbying and fail to challenge the fed rules/laws that are still getting pumped out.

I agree that Wayne isn't the NRA, but even looking past the nightmare of an image he presents as "the face of the NRA"... how do you rationalize the countless millions of $'s of donations that are utterly wasted on his personal battles and general corruption he participates in an allows within his elite inner circle? Millions that would and should be used in efforts to help preserve and restore 2A rights in the U.S.

I call that firmly planting heads in the sand over nostalgic ideals of what the NRA USED to be... and fairytale wishes of what we hope it might become again at some undetermined point and time in the future.

Unless folks admit that it's broken, internally vote for change or remove upper managements incentive to keep doing business as usual... like cutting their purse strings.... I don't see any end to their decline.

It's simply throwing good money after bad, IMHO.

Sorry to call you out Andy, you are not really the problem. As I see it No one wants to standup and be the NRA or identified as a gun owner or user. Just look at how many members there are here on Northwest Firearms and compare how many people post on the Gun Day Fun Day thread and any of the mulitude of oh my gosh 2A threads. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the way to battle the antis is not to whine about it on the internet but rather to be proud of and use our God given rights regularly and with out shame. I know this makes me not popular here and that's alright, to quote the great philosopher Popeye " I Yam what I Yam"

Sorry to call you out Andy, you are not really the problem. As I see it No one wants to standup and be the NRA or identified as a gun owner or user. Just look at how many members there are here on Northwest Firearms and compare how many people post on the Gun Day Fun Day thread and any of the mulitude of oh my gosh 2A threads. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the way to battle the antis is not to whine about it on the internet but rather to be proud of and use our God given rights regularly and with out shame. I know this makes me not popular here and that's alright, to quote the great philosopher Popeye " I Yam what I Yam"
Not whining...and I have never denied being a gun owner when asked by anyone... ever.
Nor have I ever denied being a NRA member.

I despise the commonly perceived face of the NRA...otherwise known as Weasel Sh!t Wayne LaPierre.

I do much to encourage both firearm ownership and the enjoyment of the history behind them.
In fact yesterday...there I was ...teaching about muzzle loading firearms...as in taking folks out and showing them how to safely enjoy and shoot muzzle loaders...I have also done this numerous times with modern firearms.
While teaching safe firearm handling...I do touch on firearm history , Rights and laws...
I also have never told anyone to not join the NRA.

So to be blunt....don't hand me any grief / "call me out " about this any longer.
Andy

Edit to add :
I am done here with thread...please do not quote me or expect a reply.

Last Edited:
Ummmm the sheeple are listening to politcal advertisements on how to VOTE !!! SO YEAH i'd like the NRA to use those funds and make counter ads and promote shooting sport and start lawsuits. Get off the NRA DI#$ they aint doing anything for you....

Great to be invited to jump on someone, eh? First, I'm not intending to bash the NRA; I've been a member since forever, and I've already "extended" my membership beyond my life expectancy.

Here's the rub. I've felt a distinct lack of NRA presence (or even support & sympathy) during the past couple of years while the state government in Olympia has been gleefully raping Washington firearm owners. It's like we've been ghosted by our national organization (last I looked, Washington was still part of the nation, right?). Maybe I'm wrong about NRA absenteeism; if so, tell me all the ways that NRA has been working behind the scenes to keep my state from enacting all those bubblegumty laws. Maybe you folks in Oregon are wondering the same thing?

Worse yet, while the little onion ring is still inflamed, my email inbox has recently started to fill up daily with emails from NRA screaming that the sky is falling and only contributing my retirement check and first-born can save the Second Amendment from Biden. Seriously, never an email from them while Olympia was trampling all over us, and now they want more of my money?

Surely my feeling of abandonment must be misplaced; please help me achieve peace and tranquility by pointing out for me all the NRA wonderfulness that I seem to be missing.
My membership is part of my gun club dues but, I no longer them.
Great to be invited to jump on someone, eh? First, I'm not intending to bash the NRA; I've been a member since forever, and I've already "extended" my membership beyond my life expectancy.

Here's the rub. I've felt a distinct lack of NRA presence (or even support & sympathy) during the past couple of years while the state government in Olympia has been gleefully raping Washington firearm owners. It's like we've been ghosted by our national organization (last I looked, Washington was still part of the nation, right?). Maybe I'm wrong about NRA absenteeism; if so, tell me all the ways that NRA has been working behind the scenes to keep my state from enacting all those bubblegumty laws. Maybe you folks in Oregon are wondering the same thing?

Worse yet, while the little onion ring is still inflamed, my email inbox has recently started to fill up daily with emails from NRA screaming that the sky is falling and only contributing my retirement check and first-born can save the Second Amendment from Biden. Seriously, never an email from them while Olympia was trampling all over us, and now they want more of my money?

Surely my feeling of abandonment must be misplaced; please help me achieve peace and tranquility by pointing out for me all the NRA wonderfulness that I seem to be missing.
Wayne LaPierre (who is not even a "gun guy") and his cronys making bank by keeping us agitated while ignoring the issues that affect us all.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews