JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Portland was once a beautiful city.o_Oo_O Such great liberal tolerance. These 'homeless' POS are literally $hitting on us.
1615356814965.png
1615356872882.png

I am about ready to return to central Penn, but I really wanna bag an elk, muley, and black tail before giving up. I am too lazy to drive around Wash. to really see its beauty, I know it exist, but I do not feel at calm for some reason, not like I did in the boonies in Penn.

Have family in the city so visit them. But in practical terms, compared to 5 years ago say, it's a no go. We don't spend any money there, compared to the days of season tickets, concerts, shopping, eating and drinking, etc. For all the reasons others have said; it's just not a hospitable place.

I'm not a townie. I grew up in the Portland metro area. About 25 years ago I discovered small town living 100 miles south of P-town. Back then some things I noticed that were different are big cities are hot, noisy, dirty,stinky, and they don't get dark at night and it never stops. Down here by 9pm all you hear is frogs, crickets and the faint hum of I-5 a couple miles away. Sure around 3 am you hear the diesel pick ups fire up and head off into the woods because there is bills to be paid and money to be made. Now days I avoid going to any big town. If I do go it's just passing thru or in and out for an appointment or something. I've upgraded my truck gun from a Charter Arms 5 shot Bulldog to a 15 shot Glock with 2 extra magazines in case I get mobbed and have to shoot my way out.

Seattle metro is a SH T hole. I never willingly go there.

Sadly, West Seattle is no longer immune to the garbage that used to seclude itself to downtown. The West Seattle junction has grown and been developed to the point that resident bums now inhabit the area year round. It's sad.

Left Seattle after school 40 years ago, been back twice. Once when my grandma was in the hospital and once to take the grandkids to Woodland Park Zoo. There simply is no reason to go there. In fact, the only reason I go to that side of the state at all is the Cascade Mountain Men gun show.
My other grandma used to live in the Milwaukie and Gresham areas when I was much younger. They were pretty rural back 60 years ago or so. Not anymore. I go down 205 to see friends in Donald and that is more than enough Portland for me.

1) " The ONLY reason I go to Seattle is Virginia Mason Medical Center, "
Yup, me too. When we moved to WA in '92 I thought Seattle wasn't bad for a city. Now it sucks as bad as the Blue Cesspool we left in the DPRK. Thank God accessing VM doesn't involve going thru the Heart of Darkness.

2) Visiting Everett is a necessity unfortunately. At least I haven't seen scat on the sidewalk, and the front pocket on Carhartt pants is voluminous enough to accommodate an effective pistol.

3) As far as big cities in general, there is nothing there I need bad enough to do there. Prior to the Chicom Plague we would go to a museum or similar place 2 or 3 times a year. Now, not even that.

I am about ready to return to central Penn, but I really wanna bag an elk, muley, and black tail before giving up. I am too lazy to drive around Wash. to really see its beauty, I know it exist, but I do not feel at calm for some reason, not like I did in the boonies in Penn.
As soon as you climb the mountain range directly east of you, a partial return to normalcy awaits.

I don't spend any money in Portland anymore.

Used to go walk around shopping and grab dinner out,

Not interested in going to any city that won't enforce Law and Order and let's people bubblegum in the streets while hassling taxpayers.

Can't see how people vote for politicians that enable society to erode.

35 years ago when I was going ot PSU, it was kind of a fun place to walk around.
I haven't been to downtown Portland in 5+ years, other than 405 and I5 - absolutely no use for it.
Went to the civic center yesterday for our mutation vaccinations (Covid) and couldn't believe what a dump it was. All the main streets had tents and garbage, the side streets were packed with tents/garbage. I couldn't imagine why anyone would want a business down there or to venture down there to shop. What a #$%hole it's become :(:(

I work downtown Portland Monday-Friday. Have your head on a swivel. You'll be fine. It's a plus my company allows me to carry too. But yes Portland is filthy disgusting. I stay away from it on my days off for sure.

I pulled the cord on Portland around '88-90. Kinda foggy on that. I was in my 20's.

And even THEN I did not dig the number of people, and that was before people started living outdoors and sh*tting in the streets.

No way I am going back now.

What the hell is wrong with people?? There is NOTHING normal about popup homeless camps and above ground municipal sewage.

Pretending this is normal IS part of the problem.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top