JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"The huge problem for me is what the city is now, compared to 20 years ago. Boarded and filthy. Empty store fronts. Graffiti all over the place. What the city was known for is gone. Oh you can say that this or that venue, eatery, park, what eve are still great, but it's the whole picture that made Portland what it was. Portland's heart has been ripped out "

This is what makes me sad the voters have let it get to this point. I used to love going downtown just to knock around, shop, and eat. Seattle long ago became a no way for us. I took a week off last week, first time off since this great hoax hit. Wife and I went to Port Angles to spend a couple days away from it all. Even there homeless scum are moving in. The streets with lines of small shops we loved to walk through, now there was a lot of homeless scum. They were not yet the aggressive type but that will soon change. Wife who often is oblivious to what's going on around her noticed at least half of it. Couple times she noticed me being on guard and would ask what was wrong till I pointed it out to her. Guessing from how bad it was now I would expect it will be a lot worse up there come summer when it warms up. :(

RIP Rose City. Progressive politicians elected by the voters have turned it into the Toilet City. It was headed that way for awhile and then Covid sped up the process and the nightly riots finished it off.
My office is in the Koin Center. I have not been there for a year, working at home. My employer has already advised that even after Covid, I can continue to work from home. I expect they will not renew the lease and close the office. They have already done that with a large CA office. Other companies are doing the same, making work from home permanent. Down town will not recover without the workers buying lunch and shopping.
Those who live downtown and the Pearl are also moving out due to it not being safe and they can work remote from somewhere cleaner and safer.
It is not just Portland, we will see an exodus from the business districts in most major cities.
America is going to be a very different place as this all plays out. And, it won't be pretty. :(

There is a fear factor. What if I get caught in a protest and have to pull a firearm, or drive aggressively to safety. I'm sure the DA would not be extending the don't prosecute policy to my reasonable actions.

And speaking of driving, my wife has a luxury car. If we drive it into Portland are we 'rich' people that will be targeted for vandalism because of course we deserve it. It's not hide under the bed fear, but enough to make you think twice about even taking the chance.

It's not a matter of fear, it's a matter of disgust.
Oh ok. In the military a "no go zone" is usually a place you stay away from if you don't want to risk bodily harm. I don't think I've felt afraid like that ever in the states, you have to visit some hot spots overseas to really feel that kind of danger.

Oh ok. In the military a "no go zone" is usually a place you stay away from if you don't want to risk bodily harm. I don't think I've felt afraid like that ever in the states, you have to visit some hot spots overseas to really feel that kind of danger.
Portland is relatively tame compared to other major cities, but there are neighborhoods in certain US cities that qualify under that definition.

I try to avoid Portland proper as much as possible. Sometimes I have to drive thru it. Sometimes I have to stop somewhere inside it. But for the most part yes, "no go" as much as possible. I will not ever work there again. If a job listing is for Portland I just do not submit an application.

we live in eastern wa. and travel to seaside from time to time to go crabbing. f-350 with a 19' duck in tow. when we get close to portland, i just make sure all cylinders in the super blackhawk 8" have red points in them. just in case of a flat tire, fender bender etc. we will go from point a to point b without being deterred. just prepared.
wife hates that thing, so her purse pistol is an lcrx3.

we live in eastern wa. and travel to seaside from time to time to go crabbing. f-350 with a 19' duck in tow. when we get close to portland, i just make sure all cylinders in the super blackhawk 8" have red points in them. just in case of a flat tire, fender bender etc. we will go from point a to point b without being deterred. just prepared.
wife hates that thing, so her purse pistol is an lcrx3.

As I was reading your post I was thinking all 8 cylinders in that big bad F350 should be firing! Don't want to end up on the side of the road anywhere in potland for sure! Not because it's unsafe, but because who would want to be broke down waiting for a tow in a crap-hole? :s0112: If you truck's going to quit it'd be better if you at least had a pretty view while you waited.

It's not a matter of fear, it's a matter of disgust.
Yep! If I had reason to go downtown I would no more "fear" it any more than going to work. I regularly have to face people who want to, and at times do, attack me at work. That I get paid for. Going downtown to Seattle was for decades fun. It's long ago become something no longer fun. Scum everywhere, constant having to be on guard for scum, this is not what I consider relaxation or fun.

In my experience the military's off limits list were the places the DoD didn't want troops catching STDs.

So, get your local security and communication network organized now; a dozen core individuals with a basic emergency plan will make all the difference in the world when conditions deteriorate and people are frightened.

Para Proelium

Well over 90% of my neighbors voted for Kate Brown. My one next door neighbor doesn't "see the need" for owning guns and the one on the other side and I just wrapped up a bit of an argument that belies his views. His belief that all the cops are killing all the young black men for no reason at all was a bit contentious to me and of course I opposed that view by explaining that Michael Brown ("Hands up don't shoot" guy, and Trayvon both had it coming. Dude got angry at my stance when I wouldn't concede any points. Basically, he was wrong and I was right. Which happened to be his viewpoint as well LOL. We didn't talk to each other for a bit till his wife came over with some baked treats to make up.

Point is, I don't think I have anybody to connect too.

Well over 90% of my neighbors voted for Kate Brown. My one next door neighbor doesn't "see the need" for owning guns and the one on the other side and I just wrapped up a bit of an argument that belies his views. His belief that all the cops are killing all the young black men for no reason at all was a bit contentious to me and of course I opposed that view by explaining that Michael Brown ("Hands up don't shoot" guy, and Trayvon both had it coming. Dude got angry at my stance when I wouldn't concede any points. Basically, he was wrong and I was right. Which happened to be his viewpoint as well LOL. We didn't talk to each other for a bit till his wife came over with some baked treats to make up.

Point is, I don't think I have anybody to connect too.
In the nicest neighborhoods there's tons of BLM (please don't burn this house) signs in living room windows.

In the nicest neighborhoods there's tons of BLM (please don't burn this house) signs in living room windows.
There are a lot of people in rich neighborhoods who preach a lot that they they're rarely live by or truly believe themselves. But yes "look at me I'm woke" won't save your house. Lol. It will burn. And when that happens the same people they were saying "get rid of the cops cause all they do is murder and profile" will be the first ones on the phone with 911 calling for help cause citizens don't need guns..... only cops do. The same cops you're trying to get rid of. The sooner I hit the grave the better. The stupidity of some Americans (the ones that tell the loudest) amazes me.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top