JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What we expect.. or think we'll look like.. 6743d295ead1464b820653094644da71.jpg
IMG-20200209-WA0038_1581321972156.jpg

What we actually get
original.jpg 1000w-q95-1602621319.jpg
meal_team_6_operator.jpg niDmovq.jpg 20140104_1710965272546763_8992909046374763682_n.jpg 11692533_1445954309047862_9212343451897004815_n.jpg EOvoRwgWsAM5jTN.jpg 6a7fce49823398392ac51302d7d5980675d130b9dc22b16f003abf1f00696a89_1.jpg

There are guys devoted to gear.
@Longwalkhome , I think you've hit the nail on the head.
I've noticed there seems to be a correlation between gun nerds and camera nerds. To really master shooting of either gun or camera demands a certain flair for and interest in complex technology as well as mastery of the physical skills. Maybe interest in the gun-related gear we're discussing is just another aspect of that interest in complex technology that is part of the interest in guns for many of us. Sure the gear may be potentially useful. But perhaps a bigger issue is some people are just really interested in the gun gear, and its potential usefulness in combat or SD is just an excuse.

@Longwalkhome , I think you've hit the nail on the head.
I've noticed there seems to be a correlation between gun nerds and camera nerds. To really master shooting of either gun or camera demands a certain flair for and interest in complex technology as well as mastery of the physical skills. Maybe interest in the gun-related gear we're discussing is just another aspect of that interest in complex technology that is part of the interest in guns for many of us. Sure the gear may be potentially useful. But perhaps a bigger issue is some people are just really interested in the gun gear, and its potential usefulness in combat or SD is just an excuse.
People are complex, between the culture and their environment along with their upbringing people all have their own thoughts. It may take experience or a challenge or maybe a life's changing event for people to travel a road different than the one they are on. For most it's just the crowd they run with that sets how they think. Some think for themselves.

I am an old man and remember a time when a cop in a small community could retire without ever drawing his gun. He would dress for battle at every shift but people were not so evil that they had to be killed. Cop friend of mine was 10 years in our local department and never drew his gun. Went to work in Portland and had to draw his gun every shift.

Point being I guess is those who really need a battle belt know why, I don't need one but see why some folks do.

So basically... parity of arms and equipment with the military of the time...

Applying that to today with Bruen;

M4s, M16s, M7 and M9 bayonets, M9 and M1911/replacement/equivalent handguns,

Ammo, magazines,
Cleaning kits
Body armor and carriers
Gear to carry all that

And fine people for not having good/serviceable gear or arms when mustered for training/exercises?
Sorry for the late reply...
I was putting on a firearm display / history event...just got back in.

And yes..to the what you posted...only I'd love to have my M21 back...:D
Andy

I like the idea of a concealed carrier on body with iwb pistol and two extra mags, but having a chest rig in a back pack while hiking, or in you car during travel with a firearm that has a little more kick isn't a bad idea in my opinion. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. I wouldn't go out in full kit, but keeping a small rig with some extra ammo alongside some first aid gear doesn't take up much space or weigh much at all. I personally think there's a happy medium. You can stay a hard target and still have everything prepared.

To each their own. Outside of situations like Ruby Ridge I can't recall ever even hearing about a single civilian having the need for anything like that.
If you want it for fun then by all means but your chances of being struck by lightning on the 5th Tuesday in March are higher than needing a chest rig.

To each their own. Outside of situations like Ruby Ridge I can't recall ever even hearing about a single civilian having the need for anything like that.
If you want it for fun then by all means but your chances of being struck by lightning on the 5th Tuesday in March are higher than needing a chest rig.
Need is subjective. Depends on how close to the pointy end of things you think you are.

Over 90 percent of firearm homicides according to the FBI's UCJ data.. are from handguns. Rifles are such a small minority of firearm homicides, that 99% of the people who own and use guns... don't need rifle rated armor :rolleyes: and yet.. we hear all the time how body armor save officers lives, how it can protect students, and having it at the ready in homes help a lot in home invasion cases where the would-be victims lived to tell the tales...

It's the Bill of Rights, not Needs ;)

Edit. I've also never read of people complaining that they had "too much ammo in their firefights" :s0140:

Over 90 percent of firearm homicides according to the FBI's UCJ data.. are from handguns. Rifles are such a small minority of firearm homicides, that 99% of the people who own and use guns... don't need rifle rated armor :rolleyes: and yet.. we hear all the time how body armor save officers lives, how it can protect students, and having it at the ready in homes help a lot in home invasion cases where the would-be victims lived to tell the tales...

It's the Bill of Rights, not Needs ;)

Edit. I've also never read of people complaining that they had "too much ammo in their firefights" :s0140:
You can't have too much ammo unless you are sinking or on fire.

Blue force ten speed elastic bandolier can hold 6 mags or 4-5 mags plus other crap.

953C3CDE-EDAD-4366-B460-6154FEF96634.png

Mp5k or mp5 can be carried over the shoulder as can mpx, evo, Stribog, 300bo pistol with law folder, brn 180 .556 pistol with folding stock, or even a .308 ar 10 pistol with law folded if you really wanted to.
Brn-180 with brace folded (use 20 round pmag to reduce girth)

Glock or p320 with ISw can be carried in inside pocket of regular fleece.

6EE0C614-996F-4469-8023-848786D20E4A.png
9B0A08B7-678C-4A50-906D-7C5CF4040EEE.png
All those options could be under jacket or even a fleece in some cases. All nfa rules apply.

Some chest and armor rigs I've modified and some I've made.
DSCF7364.JPG
From a FLC
DSCF6757.JPG
Stomper rig

DSCF6518.JPG
Tigerstripe low profile 4- rifle, 2 pistol mag rig

20220721_191426.jpg
Mesh MOLLE chest rig with self made Esstac KYWI kydex triple pouch in Afghan digital forest
20220619_181053.jpg 20220619_205100.jpg
Basic black armor with modified Blackhawk mag velcro pouch
20220224_205558.jpg 20220224_205617.jpg
USMC MOLLE Bandolier modified to have skeletal side wings and USMC hydration bladder clipped in

DSCF7371.JPG
HSGI Wasatch plate carrier, no modifications. Yes thats a 16" Midlength A2 carbine :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top