JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Saying that "right wing" conservatives show up dressed like that, shows that the commentor actually does not go those protests.

If you're one of those that gets involved with what's going on, you'll recognize the others at most every meeting. If you just like to hang out and sound tough on forums, you'll be posting pictures of places you've never been. You're calling yourself out, just like you've done over and over again.
I don't understand. If the news shows a protest at the state capitol, there are often some conservative protestors in armor.

Are you saying that I didn't see that?

Mostly because of their comparative rarity and they are emulating the rightest goons. However, the main reason was just that's were I've seen the most body armor. I live by the CHOP and commuted through it. No armor.
Well don't forget about the summer of love and "mostly peaceful protests" that literally burned our country down and caused division. Name one right wing extremist group that burned down a town.
Note clearly, I dont support the right wing extremist groups at all, same as I don't the left.
But the right wing groups have always been in response to the left wing groups getting political amnesty running amok destroying everything.
Body armor notwithstanding....

Well don't forget about the summer of love and "mostly peaceful protests" that literally burned our country down and caused division. Name one right wing extremist group that burned down a town.
Note clearly, I dont support the right wing extremist groups at all, same as I don't the left.
But the right wing groups have always been in response to the left wing groups getting political amnesty running amok destroying everything.
Body armor notwithstanding....
The topic is wearing armor in public, and that's all I commented on. Waste someone else's time with the posturing.

I recently spent a few hours watching police high speed chase episodes. Wow. A lot of them just started with ordinary traffic stops, except the car is stolen or the guy has an arrest warrant against him. And suddenly cop is getting shot at. I'd like to see more armor for cops doing traffic patrols.

Hey @CamoDeafie -- How's about designing and building a Tactical Apron or Woodsman's Apron ??? Basically an apron but is filled with kevlar or equivalent. Might hook to tac belt rather than tie around waist. Cop could clip it on belt while sitting in squad car before emerging to deal with anybody he has pulled over. Apron would protect cop from waist to a bit above knees. That is, extend protection of tac vest to protect abdomen, gut, genitals, and the major veins in inner thighs near genitals and upper legs. The protection would be in one direction only, but that's all you'd need in a traffic stop. Civilians who keep or use chest armor might be interested too.

If you have wear resistant waterproof cloth on outside, hikers and hunters might like, as apron could be removed and put on ground to sit on while just resting, eating lunch, or while waiting peacefully for deer to volunteer to be shot. I used to carry a thin foam gardener's pad clipped to my belt and covering my butt when walking in woods. Something dry to sit on. The Woodsman's Apron would be bigger than the gardening pads I used and easier to carry. If you had two Woodsmans Aprons and wore one on backside that would give 360 degree protection. And you could skip trousers and underwear on hot days and still be decent. It would just look like a kilt. You might even use tartan patterned cloth and snaps and ties so that everyone would assume your two overlapping aprons is a kilt. Black Watch tartan would probably be best, as it has come to be more generally associated with any Scottish person rather than a particular clan. And its black and subdued green, good colors for the woods.

@OldBroad44 I've noticed more traffic cops wearing stuff like this shopping.jpeg

If not already wearing body armor vests underneath their shirts.

Only one demographic was allowed in or through the CHOP zone. Somebody was driving into the CHOP zone in a white Jeep Cherokee. Leftist "security" thought it was someone of the wrong demographic, and they proceeded to mag dump into the vehicle. Witnesses said there were hundreds of rounds fired. Turns out they murdered a 16 year old black carjacker and wounded his 14 YO partner, who figured they were reaching safety inside "home base" after carjacking the vehicle. Once the leftists realized their mistake, they picked up all the shell casings and other evidence. This story, and investigation, quickly disappeared. Picture below of armed "security" at the CHOP zone wearing a tactical vest/armor.
seattle-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone.jpg

Every right wing protest group.

The experience that is less than 30 years ago?
I don't know your age group. Under 30 or over 50, but a lot of your post seem to suggest, time started just now.

Some people may need things now or in the future that you don't and never will. There's an interview on the YouTube channel, California Insider, where the local northern California Sheriff explains how the cartels are operating in the open and running out the locals.

It's great to have options that are not government controlled. Remember, congressmen don't need kit. They just put a fence around their building and have the national guard (in kit) patrol it.

I don't know your age group. Under 30 or over 50, but a lot of your post seem to suggest, time started just now.

Some people may need things now or in the future that you don't and never will. There's an interview on the YouTube channel, California Insider, where the local northern California Sheriff explains how the cartels are operating in the open and running out the locals.

It's great to have options that are not government controlled. Remember, congressmen don't need kit. They just put a fence around their building and have the national guard (in kit) patrol it.
Then why is violent crime lower than 1991 or 1978?

The answer is a change in perception and tastes among gun owners. This forum has virtually nothing on it but hand wringing and self defense stuff. You'd think we were in Serbia with the preoccupations that have entirely displaced all the forum normal gun forum discussion.

We are like this because of an over compensation to gun control threats and an unhealthy preoccupation with discord. Not the dangers of our collective quiet suburbs.

If violent crime is lower now than in 1991, even with an enormous jump in numbers of guns owned by people between 1991 and now...... as well as 26 more States being Constitutional/permitless carry States now.. and virtually no States left that has "no carry of firearms" and a very small minority still "may issue" States..

I would say that there are more people willing to use guns for self defense and fewer criminals willing to attack/rob/hurt people if there's a chance the potential victims are armed....
But also... crime reporting and arrests :rolleyes:

Anyways.
Is body armor overrated? Nah. It's not as overrated as government :s0140: maybe more acceptable than women wearing lingerie as outerwear, especially those that people don't generally find attractive :eek:

If violent crime is lower now than in 1991, even with an enormous jump in numbers of guns owned by people between 1991 and now...... as well as 26 more States being Constitutional/permitless carry States now.. and virtually no States left that has "no carry of firearms" and a very small minority still "may issue" States..

I would say that there are more people willing to use guns for self defense and fewer criminals willing to attack/rob/hurt people if there's a chance the potential victims are armed....
But also... crime reporting and arrests :rolleyes:

Anyways.
Is body armor overrated? Nah. It's not as overrated as government :s0140: maybe more acceptable than women wearing lingerie as outerwear, especially those that people don't generally find attractive :eek:
Crime is most closely correlated to the economy and unemployment. Not how many people carry.

But are slow to put on protective devices overrated? Considering that you have to become a pariah just to wear it in public; yes. Unless you live in the tower of a castle, there is never going to be time to put it on. So that pretty much leaves fantasies about Chinese invasions or being able to shoot your neighbors for voting Democrat.

Time for an update on my gun buying story. o_O Bought a guys guns that was moving to France because he couldn't afford to live in America on his and his wife's teachers pension. Guy was an above grade target shooter that honed his skills to win a lot of competitions.

So today I am reading that a large number of weapons sent to the Ukraine by the US are ending up in the hands of the people in revolt in France. The revolt started just like the George Floyd riots.

Anyway if I lived in a big city I would probably rig up and Armour up simply because the comparison as to what is happening in France is real close to what is happening in America.

We don't have 40,000 cops to quell riots, France asked its citizens for help when 40,000 cops couldn't stop the violence.

Time for an update on my gun buying story. o_O Bought a guys guns that was moving to France because he couldn't afford to live in America on his and his wife's teachers pension. Guy was an above grade target shooter that honed his skills to win a lot of competitions.

So today I am reading that a large number of weapons sent to the Ukraine by the US are ending up in the hands of the people in revolt in France. The revolt started just like the George Floyd riots.

Anyway if I lived in a big city I would probably rig up and Armour up simply because the comparison as to what is happening in France is real close to what is happening in America.

We don't have 40,000 cops to quell riots, France asked its citizens for help when 40,000 cops couldn't stop the violence.
Albany is kind of big compared to Monmouth :p but yeah... nowhere as sketchy as Portland.

Albany is kind of big compared to Monmouth :p but yeah... nowhere as sketchy as Portland.
I helped put in a lot of gas lines to the new houses being built in Monmud :s0140: A lot of mud in Monmouth in case you have to dig in:s0093:.

Thing good about Albany is there is at least one exit out of the valley any direction you want to go.

I helped put in a lot of gas lines to the new houses being built in Monmud :s0140: A lot of mud in Monmouth in case you have to dig in:s0093:.

Thing good about Albany is there is at least one exit out of the valley any direction you want to go.
We have few exits. At least one goes out to Kings Valley, one goes out to Buena Vista through Independence, N and S is fairly limited to Dallas or Rickreall, or towards Albany/Corvallis for highways but there is one road that goes out towards Kings Valley/Pedee thats a bit on the low-use side except for loggers. Edit. The other obvious exit goes to Salem area :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top