JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sure if you're Delta or something I can see it. Chest rig, battle belt, camo.

For most of us defending the fam in a bad situation, a concealable plate carrier, civilian holster and mag carrier, maybe with two double rifle mag pouches on our belts will conceal better and be more comfortable.

Dump pouch? I can't envision trying to mess with a dump pouch at 2 AM when I'm dumping rifle mags and getting shot at.

This is also more friendly looking hiking in the hills with your gear for practice than trotting around looking like a DevGru Operator on the hiking trail. Much less reason for LE to contact you like this too.

So chest rigs, battle belts and camo are over rated but plate carriers, "civilian" holsters and mag carriers, maybe with two double rifle mag pouches on our belts are not?

What difference does it make?

I use them in classes, even if working from concealment and/or with rifle mags in my back pocket I will drag my gear with me. I don't want to have constantly load 2 or 3 mags, I'll load a 8-10-12 whatever.

I have multiple chest rig setup different I have a few different ones for my ARs, one for AK and another for shotgun. I can put any of them over a slick plate carrier.

This is also more friendly looking hiking in the hills with your gear for practice than trotting around looking like a DevGru Operator on the hiking trail.
I do not own one yet - it's something I continue to procrastinate for whatever reasons. (Money cough cough)

However, I'd rather be able to toss a vest on and have extra mags, light, pistol and other things I might need for a home invasion then trying to stuff a couple mags in the pocket of my sweats…

In regards to the quote above:

When I am out of town and hiking in the woods I always take a long gun with me - if the city folk are uncomfortable with that then they can go find the closest safe space but I've been out in the boonies all of my life and from experience I am more worried about people then animals.

If someone thinks I'm LARPing it really makes no difference to me, I'd rather be safe.

When I am out of town and hiking in the woods I always take a long gun with me - if the city folk are uncomfortable with that then they can go find the closest safe space but I've been out in the boonies all of my life and from experience I am more worried about people then animals.

If someone thinks I'm LARPing it really makes no difference to me, I'd rather be safe.
I get carrying a long gun in the wilderness. Having been between a momma bear and her cub(s) more than once I will sometimes carry a Shockwave, maybe considered a long-ish gun, loaded with buckshot usually only in the spring time while hiking. As far as chest rigs, plate carriers, a half dozen mag pouches, I bet you would be hard pressed to find anyone outside of the military or law enforcement who has actually NEEDED to utilize any of that. For the vast majority, it is just for the tacticool factor or to impress others on their airsoft team.

heres a better way to look at this....

If say a magic geni appeared and told you tomorrow you would be shot at while defending the fam, would you still think a chest rig, battle belt, camo and any other armor tacticool gear you can strap on your body still be overrated?

If say a magic geni appeared and told you tomorrow you would be shot at while defending the fam, would you still think a chest rig, battle belt, camo and any other armor tacticool gear you can strap on your body still be overrated?
Yes. I want to go out in a blaze of glory wearing a cowboy hat, bandana over my face, leather chaps, spurs....and not much else.

Unless you know how to use it, it might just get in the way. If you do know how to use it, I'm sure there's a strong benefit.

Genies do not exist and nobody knows when "that time" will come. I don't know anyone personally who carries one with them, let alone wears one regularly.

My vote is overrated for you and for me, maybe not Joe down the street

Genies do not exist and nobody knows when "that time" will come. I don't know anyone personally who carries one with them, let alone wears one regularly.
it was just a hypothetical. For fun.

I dont have any tactical gear like that. Ive got nothing against the idea though. I would say its overrated if anyone thinks they need to wear one as part of a daily carry.

Anything that reduces my response time and gives me more pockets and can just be slipped on in a hurry for a bump in the night situation is a bonus imo.

I would only use it in the house. Backpack in the woods and it wouldn't be something I added to my get home bag.

So chest rigs, battle belts and camo are over rated but plate carriers, "civilian" holsters and mag carriers, maybe with two double rifle mag pouches on our belts are not?

What difference does it make?
One on every thread 🙄

I explained this in my post…read it again…three of the four paragraphs are specifically about the WHY 🙄🙄🙄

@Joe13 hit me up for gear... ;) :p :D

That said.. I mostly make gear for fun. I also collect gear for fun. Some of it gets used. Some because I don't have the exact thing needed (10 and 20rd 6.5 Grendel mags...) or some because they don't come in specific camos (Afghan Digital forest... DGIII relative to USN AOR2)

On the other hand.... there's statements that vests like the 5.11/whatever Banana republic Safari styled photographers/fishermen vests when worn without camera or fishing gear.. gets called "shoot me first" vests.

I'm ready in case ze Germans invade!! :s0118:

F8C9E7E2-90CE-4760-A072-412793EA3879.jpeg

:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR