JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The expensive firearms that look, feel and shoot nearly the same and entry level or mid level firearms rarely preform any better (if the basic configuration)

Tried that with ARs, was not impressed when I started with an over priced brand name AR, started buying only budget or mid level AR's (more so parts) and Ive been quite happy. All of them get a good does of rounds through the barrel as none are safe queens and all saved me money in the long run.

That and I collect in terms of differences, had to have one of each type of barrel length AR15 that I wanted, same for AK's (regret trading my AES10b) and M1A's (regret trading my standard length) so now I have to add those back to my collection because I always want what I don't have.. because Im a dirty ammo sexual, gun glutton.

Id keep what you have and pass on the top shelf stuff. Unless you were trading two (out of three) identical AR15's for an awesome M1A or AES-10b haha.

Buy as many as you can and trust one for your life....use it enough and learn what you love and what works......then when money allows...buy more but not junk. Deals are out there....now...

Yes and no. Yes there really is no difference between shootabiliy or accuracy of an expensive AR and a budget built AR. However refinements come with the expensive factory built ones that I've grown to appreciate.

I don't care what kind of machine it is, I always enjoy using those that are designed better and made better. They almost always last longer with fewer malfunctions and repairs—though repairs can get costly (as I learned from owning a Mercedes-Benz for a short time). I've found that I tend to shoot my more refined guns more often and for longer sessions, so naturally I shoot them better. Perhaps the cheap ones shoot as accurately (in my experience they don't, not from a bench rest), but I certainly put more rounds where I want them to go, because of the extra practice I get with them—and really good triggers, for example, do help me shoot better.

they are cheap for the moment, build a carbine, mid and rifle length and go from there. try different things among the 3 platforms, swap stuff around and try other peoples rigs if they will let you.
if you don't know what you want don't buy high end. spend sometime behind different platform designs, by the time you know what you want you will be able to build it yourself using the same outsourced parts the major brands do.

I guess first you have to realize that the amount of forges making lowers in this country is very small, which means in many cases it is the same company making the same parts for the rifles of different companies and then simply adding the requested logo on them.

That being said, the things that can make a major difference in a rifle are the barrel, the trigger, and the quality of assembly. In AR's IMO if your trigger is good and your barrel is halfway decent and it wasn't assembled by a monkey on Friday. They will all about perform the same. Not to mention, with some of the really cool stuff magpul makes, you can make a basic rifle pretty fancy for very little money. Their BAD lever for instance is super slick.

I've had a ah-ha moment with a recent purchase that factory made AR15s can be very nice when purchased in the mid to upper level.

I used to have a bunch and have slowly gotten down to a handful. They are all home builds. I was thinking a really nice factory gun would be a change. Like a Daniel Defense or similar.

Would you kill three to get one nice?

Kind of like selling three Toyota Camry to get a Supra.

Thoughts?
What do you mean by good?

What do you mean by good?
57a8c8c0-2c29-42a5-8d39-80519dc8191a_zpszycrxnhy.jpg

Ya, my original post was a waste!

I just couldn't part with any of them, and I won the NWFA giveaway so I'm getting another one. I'm going to do a no frills 10.5" pistol.

I don't know if mine are "good", "ok", or what? I know they go bang everytime and they are accurate. They feel good in the hands and are exactly what I was wanting at the time. The funny thing is, I really like my Noveske, but my pieced together spikes/northtech defense/Windham weaponry, feels just as good. They are very similar in looks and performance, but for some dang reason I prefer the Spikes tactical over the Noveske. Not that I feel the Spikes is better, because it isn't.

PSLc4y9.jpg

My next AR is going to be an AR10 in 308 and it's probably going to look just like my AR15's, but maybe desert tan or some other color.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top