JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe we should talk about thinking before posting, now there's something NEW to talk about.......or am I being "petty"?

This forum doesn't really tell people "Do a search, that's been discussed already" without answering the question. That's a good thing! God forbid we require people to THINK before they post. :D

Something tells me the OP is like "God, why do people keep posting and bumping my thread back to the top. Can't it just fade away already?" :D

I wonder if it was my ad that triggered him? This is one of the pics..
Be carefull....safety is off!
146283EB-67F5-4ECA-8960-1E4CDBA06A1B.jpeg
Make there is nothing to your left that your not willing to destroy!

I just looked around and there is ammo but no rifles. Ouch
There are still 5.45 AKs available, but mostly the Arsenal SLR-104 series. Just a month or two ago I bought two 5.45 AKs:

5.45.jpg

Both new, SLR-104UR and an import-banned Molot Vepr no less. K-Var managed to find some stock of them hidden around somewhere.

I still think there is a lot going for the -74 platform, including the "krink" type Arsenals. I also have a Rifle Dynamics custom RD503 Classic in 5.45 on order.

5.45x39 is trending ~$0.22/rd and is still quite available. Only a little bit more than 7.62x39 at ~$0.20/rd. Cheapest 5.56x45 is ~$0.28/rd, although you can get .223 Rem steel cased for $0.20/rd.

There are still 5.45 AKs available, but mostly the Arsenal SLR-104 series. Just a month or two ago I bought two 5.45 AKs:

View attachment 468085

Both new, SLR-104UR and an import-banned Molot Vepr no less. K-Var managed to find some stock of them hidden around somewhere.

I still think there is a lot going for the -74 platform, including the "krink" type Arsenals. I also have a Rifle Dynamics custom RD503 Classic in 5.45 on order.

5.45x39 is trending ~$0.22/rd and is still quite available. Only a little bit more than 7.62x39 at ~$0.20/rd. Cheapest 5.56x45 is ~$0.28/rd, although you can get .223 Rem steel cased for $0.20/rd.
I looked on KVARs website and found none. Maybe they're just in really short supply.

Its not that they aren't there as much as its just stagnant and not likely to come back... Arsenal in Bulgaria seems to favor making 5.56 and 7.62 AKs, since most of their contracts are for those. K-VAR just "finds another crate" a lot.

CAI can ask for whatever they want from Zastava or Cugir, but Arsenal USA just gets what they can get.

Arsenals were never the cheapest AKs... After the ban on Russian AKs the AKs haven't been doing well as far as prices go.

But as far as 5.45? I don't know. If CAI were to ask for some from Cugir then maybe, but CAI isn't likely to do that anytime soon. In the mean time 7.62 is still kicking, and 5.56 is still there.

One of the popular features of this forum is the classifieds.
I have bought and sold a few items here.
I have noticed that a great many of the AR's listed for sale, have the safety selector switch in the "fire" position.
I try to be safe with my firearms. If I'm not going to shoot right now - then the safety is "on".
I'm not trying to be petty - But, there is a limited amount of things a person can talk about concerning shooting. However, an accidental discharge may abruptly end all talk forever.

On a milspec AR you can't put the selector on safe when the hammer is forward. Many folks store the bolt forward and hammer released in which case you cannot make the selector safe.

When taking pictures of my rifles it being on safe or fire is a decision based entirely on whim at the moment of taking said picture. Its more of an aesthetic thing, and most likely the person taking the photo made sure the magazine was empty and that there was nothing in the chamber.
I did not realize that firearms are "whimsical" items to be played with?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top