JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I called the police once when two tweekers were trying to break into my house in the middle of a bright sunny day and threatening me while they did it. They called me back 4 hours later and said "uh, yeah you called us earlier but we were too busy with more important stuff. Do you still need a police cruiser to come by?" Won't make that mistake again.
Should have told them, "No, I had the cleaning service take care of the bodies. Have a nice day officer"

IF handled correctly , even a loaded and cocked firearm with the safety on "fire" , poses no danger...
Granted that two letter word "If" , can bring a world trouble to you...but that is not the fault of the gun , only the person who misused it....

Many , if not most of my firearms have no safeties at all , other than keeping your finger off the trigger and muzzle discipline ...Which is nice 'cause I can use that "safety" with any firearm ...:D
Andy
This is an issue without a problem.

Why is this? My HD has a loaded chamber with safety on. The only "jam" I have ever had with any AR other than 1 was manually loading the first round, so a home invasion seems like a bad time to load it?

When I am carrying my 300 blk pistol in the woods, I also have 1 in the chamber unless I am climbing over brush and stuff.

Just wondering If I am missing something?

Jam is stuff that goes on toast, weapons malfunction. Sorry, just a little armorer humor.

Safety is the primary reason not to keep a chambered round. The floating firing pin on AR produces light strikes when the action closes, repeats will deaden the primer. Basically, if I am chambering a round I'm sending it downrange. HD is a different deal and only you can make that call for yourself. I handle my ARs daily, I transport them daily. That a lot of expensive ammo that would otherwise be going in and out of the chamber getting racked up. K.I.S.S.

An AR should not fail to chamber a round upon loading. Most common reason is following the charging handle home. Then crap ammo, mag or worn out action spring. Two weekends ago I was disposing of some super crusty ammo I had and was completely surprised I only had one fail to feed, made use of the forward assist and kept chewing it up.

A coworker had left a round in his AR15 at all times a couple years ago. One day he came home and found out the safety broke while it was sitting there and planted a round in the cast iron bath tub without being touched.

My step brother went out Saturday and his AR15 failed to feed at lest 10 times and bent the hell out of the brass. Not sure what this issue is but it was a pain in the butt.

A coworker had left a round in his AR15 at all times a couple years ago. One day he came home and found out the safety broke while it was sitting there and planted a round in the cast iron bath tub without being touched.

My step brother went out Saturday and his AR15 failed to feed at lest 10 times and bent the hell out of the brass. Not sure what this issue is but it was a pain in the butt.

Without examining hard to tell but that sounds like an out of spec chamber.

Michiguns Ltd. - AR-15 Tools and Accessories

An AR should not fail to chamber a round upon loading. Most common reason is following the charging handle home.

Thats true. I usually ride the CH when loading it at home, then use the FA to chamber it the rest of the way, then press check.

What you said about light strikes makes sense. I have also seen oil from the BCG soak the primer which is bad.

My only counter argument to all your good points is it seems like people fail to seat the magazine properly against a closed bolt. Loading the mag, chambering the round, "press" check on the chambered rd and a pull check on the mag should eliminate any doubt.

What do you do for work?

Thats true. I usually ride the CH when loading it at home, then use the FA to chamber it the rest of the way, then press check.

What you said about light strikes makes sense. I have also seen oil from the BCG soak the primer which is bad.

My only counter argument to all your good points is it seems like people fail to seat the magazine properly against a closed bolt. Loading the mag, chambering the round, "press" check on the chambered rd and a pull check on the mag should eliminate any doubt.

What do you do for work?

Not a good practice.

Absolutely, and I run my ARs wet.

That's is why you are supposed to "push and pull" mags to ensure proper seating. Downloading GI mags to 28 helps too. Honestly, I never press check, I just slam that chit home and rock on.

As little as possible lately...30+ years of CAD related to Architecture, Engineering and Construction. I cruise the county in my RV looking for stuff to shoot. ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top