JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sold everything after the "panic" died down and lost my rear end on the deal. I honestly couldn't bring myself to do it again. I thought they were going to be better than it turned out and bought 4 lowers and just gave one away and the rest just sit there.

Time for a build then! Look, I'm a Glock guy like you. And I had a G26 that gave me fits until I replaced the recoil spring assembly, the extractor and the ejector. I sure didn't give up on them. So consider your experience a rare one and jump back into the AR game!

EVERY company had a "Friday afternoon" product get into circulation. ;)

After reading through all of this I'm not sure what to do. :confused:

20180609_133959.jpg

That actually surprises me, I would think Barret would be of high quality but must admit I always thought they should stick to what they're good at doing. The problem is everyone wants to get into the AR market because that is what sells but few have a clue how to do it right, ARs get a bad rep because it, that said any manufacturer can put out a lemon, too.

That actually surprises me, I would think Barret would be of high quality but must admit I always thought they should stick to what they're good at doing. The problem is everyone wants to get into the AR market because that is what sells but few have a clue how to do it right, ARs get a bad rep because it, that said any manufacturer can put out a lemon, too.
Their customer service is great. I sent it in and they went through it and gave it their seal of approval before I sold it.

And on a side note I took it in to the LGS to get a lighter trigger spring and the guy just grabbed my gun and put it in without me asking which I didn't want and he put it in backwards, which gave me 30 out of 90 failure to fire which was the last thing I could tolerate after several issues leading up to that day then that was it. Every trip to the range was something and every trip with the AK had zero issues so I just walked away. Needless to say I won't be back to that shop for service.

An AK in 5.56? Now you're just being a clown. :D
Not at all, I'm being utilitarian! Best of both worlds. The Polish and Bulgarians are making AKs in 5.56 for some military contracts so its not just us civilians using them. o_O
I would love an AK74, and possibly build a carbine or pistol sometime and give this whole safety thing a shot.
Too bad 5.45 isn't going to make a comeback anytime soon... AKs in 5.56 are coming in still, in small numbers from Arsenal. PSA is making one in 5.56, but if the trunnion isn't able to accept AK mags I'd lose interest in bothering since it'll only be using AR mags.
After reading through all of this I'm not sure what to do. :confused:

View attachment 467555
Neither do I... :cool:

image.jpg

Probably not a good idea atm to enter the AR market unless you fill a niche that's needed... But really what is there that needs to be filled in the AR market at this point other than new rounds or a multi-caliber set up?

Not at all, I'm being utilitarian! Best of both worlds. The Polish and Bulgarians are making AKs in 5.56 for some military contracts so its not just us civilians using them. o_O

Too bad 5.45 isn't going to make a comeback anytime soon... AKs in 5.56 are coming in still, in small numbers from Arsenal. PSA is making one in 5.56, but if the trunnion isn't able to accept AK mags I'd lose interest in bothering since it'll only be using AR mags.

Neither do I... :cool:

View attachment 467564
Why do you say that about 5.45? What is the deal with that platform?

Why do you say that about 5.45? What is the deal with that platform?
ATF killed 7N6, 5.45 isn't that much cheaper now, harder to come by, mags are harder to come by, not many rifles if any at all are coming in. I don't even know if Arsenal still brings them in, they seem keen on just making 7.62x39 and 5.56 AKs. Arsenal USA, unlike CAI, doesn't tell them what to make and only gets what Arsenal in Bulgaria is willing to send over.

Obama killed 7N6 as part of his war on gun owners, 5.45 isn't that much cheaper now, harder to come by, mags are harder to come by, not many rifles if any at all are coming in. I don't even know if Arsenal still brings them in, they seem keen on just making 7.62x39 and 5.56 AKs. Arsenal USA, unlike CAI, doesn't tell them what to make and only gets what Arsenal in Bulgaria is willing to send over.

FIFY

To give the AR some credit (though with a bit of a takeaway), I never had to bend a magazine body to make it work right. Then again, I also never bought a battlefield pick up AR mag. Neither have I ever thought to use the aluminum AR magazines as a hammer.

Only AK mags I had to bend is one of the few I used as a hammer (hit the body below the welded plate a lot to see if it would dent), and a beat up battlefield pick up mag.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top