JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0113: Because the S&W Model 66 and the Taurus M66 have nothing similar, but nevermind. I sorry you're not picking up what I'm putting down.
So you continue to strawman what I say? Go back and see what I first typed. Did I say it was a Mauser? Or did I say that of modern rifles its one of the few that's similar to the Mauser? Or are you purposely not using reading comprehension?

Lever on side for disassembly, like a Mauser. Claw extractor, like a Mauser. Controlled round feed instead of push feed like a Mauser. Want to tell me of another current production rifle that meets the criteria in the states?

IMG_3481.JPG IMG_3482.JPG IMG_3484.JPG

So you continue to strawman what I say? Go back and see what I first typed. Did I say it was a Mauser? Or did I say that of modern rifles its one of the few that's similar to the Mauser? Or are you purposely not using reading comprehension?

Man oh man, have you've got it backwards, but I don't have the time to spell it out I'm going to BBQ with kids instead. FYI I did go back read both yours and mine

Man oh man, have you've got it backwards, but I don't have the time to spell it out I'm going to BBQ with kids instead.
Oh right, continue to purposely play the strawman card to suit your dislike of Ruger. I forget Remington 700s, Savages, etc all have a similar action to the Mauser. Oh wait... :rolleyes:

Cause I totally called the Ruger Hawkeye a Mauser this entire time instead of saying its action had similar features!

This has to be one of the strangest thread topics I've seen in a while. Really, who is going to charge their AR, then put it on SAFE for pictures?

Except for 1911 style guns, and decockers like makarovs and beretta 92fs I practically never use the safety. And with the DA/SA ones I just use it to lengthen the pull with a round in the chamber. I use it to decock the gun and turn around and turn it right off.

Last Edited:
I don't think I've ever used the safety on my AK, and I sold my AR15 after multiple failure to feed and failure to extract. It was just a huge waste of money and I lost hundreds of dollars in the process. Ergonomics are great but I don't trust my life with one.

Seriously I don't think I've ever used the safety on my AK, and I sold my AR15 after multiple failure to feed and failure to extract. It was just a huge waste of money and I lost hundreds of dollars in the process. Ergonomics are great but I don't trust my life with one.

Then you had a crappy one. I've owned well over a dozen AR's and the ONLY issue I've ever had was a broken extractor on a bolt. That was just recently, and I've owned at least one AR for the last 20+ years.

Seriously I don't think I've ever used the safety on my AK, and I sold my AR15 after multiple failure to feed and failure to extract. It was just a huge waste of money and I lost hundreds of dollars in the process. Ergonomics are great but I don't trust my life with one.

Not all ARs are equal, all mine have proven to be just as reliable as my AKs. I just cleaned my Colt for the first time in three years and 4000 rounds. No BS.

Then you had a crappy one. I've owned well over a dozen AR's and the ONLY issue I've ever had was a broken extractor on a bolt. That was just recently, and I've owned at least one AR for the last 20+ years.
Tbh for me it had nothing to do with the rifle itself, just what happened when a blown primer gets the BCG stuck on the receiver extension. Happened twice to me in back to back range trips. The only good thing was that PWS doesn't use a castle nut that had to be staked.
Barret REC7
they aren't bad ARs... DI or the piston?

Last edited by a moderator:
Barret REC7

Well brother, I have fired THOUSANDS of rounds through many of my AR's. Anywhere from home built to Windham's. I've never even used the FA on ANY of them. I had the extractor break a few months ago on one of mine. That literally was the first failure of any kind I've ever had (that I can remember). No FTF, FTE's that I can recall. And honestly, I can't remember the last time I cleaned any of my current line up. Same with my Glocks, I just shoot them and put them back in the safe. I'm lazy like that. :D

As far as AK's, I do like them. They are reliable as well. But for me the ergo's suck. Iraqveteran8888 on YT has done meltdown videos on both with select fire versions and they both went about the same amount of rounds before kablooey. He does mag dump after mag dump as fast as he can in full auto.

Tbh for me it had nothing to do with the rifle itself, just what happened when a blown primer gets the BCG stuck on the receiver extension. Happened twice to me in back to back range trips. The only good thing was that PWS doesn't use a castle nut that had to be staked.

Sh!t, they aren't bad ARs... DI or the piston?
DI, I uploaded a pic after the post if you want to see it. I just had bad luck with it starting literally day 1 with a failure to extract. Had to use a cleaning rod to get it out.

DI, I uploaded a pic after the post if you want to see it. I just had bad luck with it starting literally day 1 with a failure to extract. Had to use a cleaning rod to get it out.

Don't let one bad apple spoil you on AR's. They are a damned reliable platform. If you want to meet me at Clark Rifle sometime I can bring a few specimens for you to try out. You won't have any issues with them, brother. :)

Damn... Must have been a case of bad luck with getting a bad one.
As far as AK's, I do like them. They are reliable as well. But for me the ergo's suck. Iraqveteran8888 on YT has done meltdown videos on both with select fire versions and they both went about the same amount of rounds before kablooey. He does mag dump after mag dump as fast as he can in full auto.
AUGs just fire until the barrel bulges and a bit of the stock melts, and it takes more rounds to do that to an AUG than other rifles can even do before having malfunctions. The stuff those things can go through... Hell the stuff they did to it during R&D is enough to cause someone a heart attack!

Don't let one bad apple spoil you on AR's. They are a damned reliable platform.
I sold everything after the "panic" died down and lost my rear end on the deal. I honestly couldn't bring myself to do it again. I thought they were going to be better than it turned out and bought 4 lowers and just gave one away and the rest just sit there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top