JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FYI- I store my two "ready" AR's with loaded mags in the magwells, bolts forward on empty chambers with the hammers forward which prevents the weapons' safeties from going into safe.

This renders them perfectly safe until you purposely pull the charging-handle ALLLLLL the way back to reset the hammer and charge a round into the chamber without having to fumble with the safety lever or slapping in a magazine under stress (and potentially in the dark).
Same here.

FYI- I store my two "ready" AR's with loaded mags in the magwells, bolts forward on empty chambers with the hammers forward which prevents the weapons' safeties from going into safe.

This renders them perfectly safe until you purposely pull the charging-handle ALLLLLL the way back to reset the hammer and charge a round into the chamber without having to fumble with the safety lever or slapping in a magazine under stress (and potentially in the dark).
My "ready" AK has safety off so it can be chambered if needed. One less step.
You probably have a condom on right now, don't you? o_O
I wear 2 at all times. :rolleyes:

One of the popular features of this forum is t finehe classifieds.
I have bought and sold a few items here.
I have noticed that a great many of the AR's listed for sale, have the safety selector switch in the "fire" position.
I try to be safe with my firearms. If I'm not going to shoot right now - then the safety is "on".
I'm not trying to be petty - But, there is a limited amount of things a person can talk about concerning shooting. However, an accidental discharge may abruptly end all talk forever.
If you don't like how the weapon is being displayed, move on.

Some stores will display one with safety off for aesthetics... A local shop does this with AKs (but likely because idiots cause the first scratch and they just figure F it at that point).

That's exactly how mine are kept .
I have one hand gun loaded and ready to go it's usually on my hip or really close by .
As for the safety being on or off in photos .all the pictures I take are with empty mag and I have probably checked it three times before I took the picture

A safety on a 94 Winchester is a ''Thing'' now.

How did it come to this? :rolleyes:
The same way this sh!t happened... NPAPs have a similar warning label on the receiver...

IMG_3476.JPG

You cannot rotate the AR15 selector switch to safe when the hammer is down. if you want to see the safety on, you need to pull back the charging handle an reset the trigger.

This right here 100%, it is SOP for everyone I know that carries a carbine for a living. Seems to me the OP needs to learn a little more about his weapon and worry a little less about how others handle theirs. Look up "cruiser ready" and "rack ready".

How my "ready" AK is at night. In case I have to wake up in the middle of the night after the alarm goes off... Again.

Can't chamber a round on the AK with safety up.

IMG_3477.JPG

Round in the chamber, safety off, hammer cocked. Sitting on the coffee table with multiple strings attached to the trigger that lead to all the doorknobs in the house.

Safest way to store it guaranteed.

:cool:

Seriously though.

Rule number 1 of firearms ownership.

ALWAYS TREAT A FIREARM AS IF IT WAS LOADED.

The same way this sh!t happened... NPAPs have a similar warning label on the receiver...

View attachment 467464

Just one more reason I hate Ruger. I'm not sure what is more pathetic, the fact that some feel the need to put warning labels not to snort the Drano, or that these same people fail to accept those stupid enough to snort the Drano aren't reading the label nor would they care if they did.

Of course, there is always that bubble to live in. :rolleyes:

Just one more reason I hate Ruger. I'm not sure what is more pathetic, the fact that some feel the need to put warning labels not to snort the Drano, or that these same people fail to accept those stupid enough to snort the Drano aren't reading the label nor would they care if they did.

Of course, there is always that bubble to live in. :rolleyes:
Because at the end of the day American companies are starting to have to play lawyer because of dumbasses. I don't hate Ruger, and there isn't another company with a bolt action similar enough to the Mauser for it to matter whether I did or not.

That was and interesting intellectual exercise...

I did a spot check of a few of the common manufactures to see how they staged their ARs for pictures. Almost all of them, including Sig, Ruger, and Bushmaster usually displayed their rifles in the FIRE position, but not always. However, and this is what I found interesting, every photo I saw with the rifle in the hands of a shooter, the rifle was in the SAFE position.

Obviously this is not intend to give the the correct answer to this question. Fifteen minutes of Goggle searching such never dictate how you safely handle your firearms. As long as you are doing everything in your power to be SAFE. I will never feel threatened by a photo of a firearm in the FIRE position (no matter what many of our so called leaders say ;))

Think its more of an issue with the people around than it does companies. In sue happy America.

Again, exactly my point, pathetic.

BTW, Jim Sullivan (yep the same guy that gave us the AR-15 & many others) did a pretty good job on the M77 for what it is, but comparing it to Paul and Wilhelm's masterpiece is a bit like comparing a vintage S&W Model 66 to a vintage Taurus M66 on steroids.

Again, exactly my point, pathetic.

BTW, Jim Sullivan (yep the same guy that gave us the AR-15 & many others) did a pretty good job on the M77 for what it is, but comparing it to Paul and Wilhelm's masterpiece is a bit like comparing a vintage S&W Model 66 to a vintage Taurus M66 on steroids.
The M77, original ones at least, were push feed with claw extractors. The new ones are not push feed, the Hawkeye's action is similar to that of the Mauser. Its field stripped similarly, it has the claw extractor like a Mauser, and its controlled feed like a Mauser.

I'm not comparing it to the quality of the original Mausers, I'm saying its similar to the Mauser. To suggest it has nothing similar to it is playing ignorant.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews