Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Anyone making any Pre-1639 purchases?

Dungannon

Reactions
Bought a couple Aero M5 lowers in March. Last week bought a Ruger PC9 and CZ 75 P-01 Tactical that I had been mulling for awhile. When I went shooting with my son and #2 grandson on Saturday, they raved over the PC9. Given all the uncertainty about purchase of lowers, I'd still like to pick up two more Aero M4's before the end of the month. Already have a 6.5 Grendel build underway, so the M4 lowers are more insurance than anything else. Over the last six months, most of my discretionary dollars have gone into reloading supplies, ammo and donations to the SAF. Next road trip to see my brothers will include a purchase stop in Idaho.

Reactions
Pardon my ignorance, but do shotguns fall under 1639?
No, but a Shockwave is not a 'shotgun', it's a 'firearm' as far as the ATF is concerned.

With the NICS changes for WA residents, there is no current way for FFLs to submit paperwork to the local LEO for anything but pistols and rifles. Rifle/pistol frames techically fall in the 'other' category as well, but they can simply be marked as a rifle or pistol. The shockwave falls into no-mans land paperwork wise.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months...
    • Mister Bisley

Staff online