Anyone making any Pre-1639 purchases?

Bought a couple Aero M5 lowers in March. Last week bought a Ruger PC9 and CZ 75 P-01 Tactical that I had been mulling for awhile. When I went shooting with my son and #2 grandson on Saturday, they raved over the PC9. Given all the uncertainty about purchase of lowers, I'd still like to pick up two more Aero M4's before the end of the month. Already have a 6.5 Grendel build underway, so the M4 lowers are more insurance than anything else. Over the last six months, most of my discretionary dollars have gone into reloading supplies, ammo and donations to the SAF. Next road trip to see my brothers will include a purchase stop in Idaho.

Reactions
Pardon my ignorance, but do shotguns fall under 1639?
No, but a Shockwave is not a 'shotgun', it's a 'firearm' as far as the ATF is concerned.

With the NICS changes for WA residents, there is no current way for FFLs to submit paperwork to the local LEO for anything but pistols and rifles. Rifle/pistol frames techically fall in the 'other' category as well, but they can simply be marked as a rifle or pistol. The shockwave falls into no-mans land paperwork wise.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom