JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is liable to make at least one guy here sick but here it is. Anyone missing a safe?

"Someone dumped a 5ft tall gun safe in our parking lot. It's pretty heavy. There's some drywall-like material inside the metal so I don't know how that would affect the scrapping value. But there's still a lot of steel in this thing. Text for the pick up location."

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/zip/d/portland-scrappers-big-heavy-gun-safe/7393744589.html

00k0k_2TbsboHT0ucz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

Maybe someone from the business has a drop date. Anyone in the surrounding neighborhood have cameras? Nevermind... I've just been informed that crime is no longer illegal in PDX.

Hinges look torched or ground off, though I don't know of many models with exposed hinges anymore.

Last Edited:
Metro Metals scrap yard won't accept safes, because vintage safes might contain asbestos, so they banned bringing any safe into the yard.

Both of mine have the hinges outside and all of them I have ever seen are like that. Cutting the hinges does nothing other than waste time if someone is trying to get in the safe.
Looks like an older model Steelwater Safe.
And it looks like they may not have gotten into it.
At least not through the door.

Looks like an older model Steelwater Safe.
And it looks like they may not have gotten into it.
At least not through the door.
Could well be. One of mine is a Steelwater. They are China made and have many different names stamped on the outside. If some moron was trying to break in they wasted a lot of time working on the hinges. The time it takes to work those you could just get into it from side or back. Especially since even removing the hinges would do nothing to get it open. Thankfully a lot of the thieving scum are brain dead stupid though. :D

Can ya throw a strap around it ,drag it out, flip it over and see if they got into the back side? If they didnt, i bet the owner would love to get it back.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top