JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's an idea to get around this BS: Start a gun trust for whoever wants to join. You "give" your gun to the trust(and notify the state that one time), become one of the beneficiaries, and get the chance to swap possession(not ownership) with any other weapon owned by the trust if you and the other beneficiary can come to terms. No ownership changes, so no paperwork other than at the trust to keep track who is in possession of what.

I still like to look at what is out there for sale...always neat to look at guns.
Haven't bought anything in awhile...'cause you know , that takes money...:D

But with all the hoops and antics that one needs to do , to buy a firearm from a private party...its gotta to be something that I really want , if I am going to buy.

The hassle in which is now involved , in buying a gun from a private party or even a new gun , if it is of a certain action type...
Makes it more difficult , than it needs to be for a legal purchase of a firearm...
Which may have been the point of these types of laws in the first place.
( Sarcasm for that last line )
Andy

Before SB941 passed here in Oregon, each weekend I horse trade, parts, arms, ammo. These laws have taken away a the very social aspect of owning a firearm. Its not just WA I think private sales as a whole on the west just has a sour taste to them, no more happy hunting, its more like doing taxes.

This is very true.
When one has to hide or be circumspect of exercising a Freedom or Right....something is very wrong with the laws and the perception that is being "sold" to the public about that Freedom or Right.
Andy

The real shame is the brotherhood and trust that was formed by the constant horse trading, ended. We still talk and share stuff. But no more meeting for a trade,sale, getting coffee and chicken fried steak. Taking my son or wife with me and just making it a fun thing to do. I see some of the trades I did, some stuff I do not use, but trades just because I had something the other guy needed. They helped you, you helped them. Feels like things are just not right with the balance in this world right now. And you can feel it.

The real shame is the brotherhood and trust that was formed by the constant horse trading, ended. We still talk and share stuff. But no more meeting for a trade,sale, getting coffee and chicken fried steak. Taking my son or wife with me and just making it a fun thing to do. I see some of the trades I did, some stuff I do not use, but trades just because I had something the other guy needed. They helped you, you helped them. Feels like things are just not right with the balance in this world right now. And you can feel it.
"Liked"..
Not 'cause I "like" the situation that you posted here...but totally understand it and feel the same...

The loss of a connection to others is indeed a shameful thing...
It is easy to say :
Ah its just old guys lamenting the "good old days"....
Which may be true in a small part...but the bigger aspect of loss is that the on the whole , it is a shameful loss of connection and trust...

To those who have not experienced the trust and connection when at a gun show or through a private sale , now they will never really understand what we all have lost.
Andy

While 594 & 1639 are crap laws, we shouldn't be thwarted of our love of this past time/lifestyle. Yes, these laws add a few wrinkles, at least for a time. Adapt and overcome, for if they squelch our hobby or lifestyle then they've already won.

NWFA, cannot and won't condone breaking laws. Buy or sell a gun it should be done through an FFL...end of story.

Anymore posts that state to the contrary and this thread will unfortunately be closed.

Thank you.

Now if only we could be as adamant about government obeying laws. Like the 2nd Amendment. Part of what used to be called the Bill of Rights. Now little more than a bill of suggestions. Once written in plain English, they must now be "interpreted" by 5 black robed mystics.

But at least we know we're "free".

I think low sales and low prices are due to the false perception that the current administration won't let anything bad happen - especially on the national level. When the next Fed ban attempt rears its head, especially under another president, prices and buying will sky rocket. I really think this isn't even a red/blue issue anymore. I've had it with all of the mainstream politicians.

I am not letting this silly law stop me, in this modern area your internet traffic, peoples cell phones at the range and of course the registration/background check I always assumed this was going to be a risk and assumed no privacy. I've about had it with this state in general, regressive taxes, slow drivers in the left lane, etc. It is a beautiful place, but it is being filled up with entirely too many people and those people bringing in bad ideas.

I'm probably moving to the southwest in the next year or two, to be closer to my family and buy property for half of what it is here. Politics definitely played a small part of it, but I don't trust even red states at this point.

I am pretty annoyed that I bought a Thompson Contender the other day and probably won't be able to pick it up until next week. But after buying NFA items I have a lot of patience and assume "they" know everything, though taking your privately purchased firearms into cosmoline and storing them might not be a bad idea.

To buy a firearm privately now with all the BGC's and the new criteria of waiting even if you have a CPL and the need to pass someone eles's nebulous ideas of firearm training "standards" for certain "second class" ...
dare I even say "separate but equal" types of firearms...is a drag indeed....to say the least.

When a law abiding legal US citizen needs to go through a hassle to exercise a Right , yet all a criminal has to do is steal a gun or "buy" a already stolen gun...then something is wrong with our gun laws.
Laws like ours create more criminals , by folks simply just ignoring and not complying with gun laws...
Andy
Agree totally, 100 per cent. What is maddening is that this simple logic is not apparent to 2A haters.

Welcome but I have to ask, did you at least help to fight it?

The problem is that there is was nothing to fight.

There were no public hearings or representatives to contact or bombard with emails, etc...

You lost your rights to your neighbors. Period. Maybe even some friends and family.

Sure, we can talk about it with people and we can vote....... but when they put this crap on the ballot we lose every time.

Even in red counties, there were thousands of votes for 1639.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top