JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We've had to register since 594, now it's just the extra steps, waiting that's irritating me. After I get my CTR I'm done buying for the foreseeable future.

For pistols it's been going on since the 1930s although who was charged with keeping the records has bounced between the Dep't of Licensing, it's predecessor, and local law enforcement. This version is from 1935 (there is an earlier version too but it isn't available online):

registry.png

http://leg.wa.gov/CodeReviser/documents/sessionlaw/1935c172.pdf?cite=1935 c 172 § 7;

Anyway, dealer sold pistols have gotten registered for longer than most of us have likely been alive. I-594 took away the option to avoid that registry through private sales, and I-1639 has extended the registry to semi-autos.

The lesson here is this: buy all the bolt/lever/pump/single shot guns you ever think you'll want before the legislature starts putting those into the registry (although if you are already in the registry for a pistol, they already have your number).

I keep saying it, but it's funny how so many "will not comply" but if someone is even asked about a FTF transaction, make it seem like they will be calling the gestapo to "reeducate" you.
Even a simple request about separating an upper and lower before transfer can be met with "I'm not comfortable doing that"!?!

Not calling checkmate, but definitely check!
Sure, come and take them.....

You know how easy it would be for a prosecutor with political aspirations to make a name for himself? Pay some crook, or offer to drop some dinky charge, and get that person to go around asking sellers to make a transaction off the books in some way. The informant hands over money, grabs the gun, and the cops swoop in, the whole transaction caught on tape.

Call me a wimp, but I wouldn't take that risk. Besides, I've regretted selling every firearm I ever sold (even the ones I didn't really like). I only intend to buy.

I stopped looking at WTS ads from WA many many months ago when people from "up North" started joining and posting used (to well used) firearms for sale at what seemed to be 90% of new prices.

"Glock 19. Like new condition. Only 1000 rounds down the pipe. Only carried for a few months. Comes with extra mag and everything else that came with it new. Must sell. $525 FIRM. BUYER PAYS ALL FEES. WILL NOT SHIP. WILL ONLY TRAVEL 15 MINS OR SO."

I'm thinking there must be absolutely nothing for sale in the counties: Skagit, Snohomish, King, Pierce, Thurston and Kitsap. Or everything in those counties were special order with unobtainium sights or something.

Yup, stopped looking in WA many moons ago.

:s0125:

A documentary I watched a couple days ago stated In Canada you can get 3000+ for a non Canadain documented glock . AKA smuggled across the border.

Well not like what you're dealing with....yet! This afternoon I can go into any store that sells The AR 15, lay down the cash/card, do the background check, pass ,and walk out the door with said rifle. Correct me if I'm wrong Jim, you can NOT do that today? Or as of 7/1/19?

Yeah, that's true for now Mike, we are up against billionaires and Kali refugees who can't figure out why the same thing is happening where ever they run from oppression... But just wait till the whole left coast is designated Way North Kalifornistan....:eek:

Yeah, that's true for now Mike, we are up against billionaires and Kali refugees who can't figure out why the same thing is happening where ever they run from oppression... But just wait till the whole left coast is designated Way North Kalifornistan....:eek:

Can't put a like on this ^^ and we don't have a dislike button so....

I don't intend on it. I think sales will become more local and there will be an adjustment period and some flexibility by both sellers and buyers to make stuff happen.

I plan to spend gun money like a private on payday at the Class VI store.

I am betting that one of the major unsaid benefits that the anti-gunners count on is reducing purchases of guns by making them harder to purchase. They don't say it like that; they say that it makes it harder for people who shouldn't have guns to purchase them - when they really mean is that the people they think shouldn't have guns are law abiding citizens. They don't really care about criminals, who they know rarely buy guns legally.

594 and 1639 definitely put a crimp in the style of the gun-flippers. Those who will continue to buy guns under the new regime are likely to be those with an abiding interest in the subject. My heart bleeds for the rank profiteers (like the perennial stroke-daddies at the gun shows) but they will have to find another way. Knowledge made available free with the advent of the internet was already taking its toll on them.

Yes, moving guns in and out of a collection will be more difficult. It will probably mean lower asking prices as an inducement for people to overcome their resistance to new procedures. Again, those with an abiding interest shouldn't care that much and may look at it simply as a cost of pursuing their hobby.

Some "new normal" (to use a hackneyed phrase) will settle in. When 594 became law, there was a ton of grumbling and foot-dragging, then people started getting used to it.

So let me ask. The answer is probably obvious, and if it was discussed in the LOOONG thread of how to proceed with buying/selling in WA, I didn't read it. There's no reason Washington residents can't cross the river and sell any rifle to one of us Oregonians is there?

So let me ask. The answer is probably obvious, and if it was discussed in the LOOONG thread of how to proceed with buying/selling in WA, I didn't read it. There's no reason Washington residents can't cross the river and sell any rifle to one of us Oregonians is there?

As far as I know, yes - there is no reason. Oregon law comes into effect in Oregon, and there is no federal law prohibiting such a sale. Of course, it would need to be transferred at an FFL.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top