JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like it's not happening in Oregon?

Well not like what you're dealing with....yet! This afternoon I can go into any store that sells The AR 15, lay down the cash/card, do the background check, pass ,and walk out the door with said rifle. Correct me if I'm wrong Jim, you can NOT do that today? Or as of 7/1/19?

The new initiative makes me want to get my FFL license and perform transfers for people without all the new BS.

It is actually pretty easy to obtain an FFL. I did so last year. Having one, of course, doesn't exempt one from BS laws.

Inless I am missing something I am thinking the 'new BS' you are referring to are legal parts of the transfer. As an FFL holder you would be required to comply with all requirements.

Correct. Knowingly violate a statute and at a minimum you're looking at losing your license.

I keep saying it, but it's funny how so many "will not comply" but if someone is even asked about a FTF transaction, make it seem like they will be calling the gestapo to "reeducate" you.
Even a simple request about separating an upper and lower before transfer can be met with "I'm not comfortable doing that"!?!

I'd suggest not dealing with lame people.

I think the ads for WA are pretty sparse now, actually. That's what I've noticed in the days leading up to 7/1. A few guys out there trying to sell rifles tho.

One of the biggest problems is NICS no longer doing courtesy checks for FFLs. Insta delay system of ?? days added to pistol purchases?

Guess I'm lucky my want list is small right now and filled with pistols that are a bit too pricey for me anyways.

I guess the Idaho BiMart stores are setting a new policy of not selling long guns to Washington now. They want to avoid the politics. Apparently the 10/22 is an assault rifle now? :confused:

NICS is doing 'em for one more year, only. Punted until July '20.

I heard stripped lowers won't fall under the new law for 1 more year also. Something about them falling under pistol or rifle. I over heard it from a guy at my LGS telling a customer. Can anyone confirm this? Or is it bull s?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top