JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To my knowledge not one person has been tried or convicted for violation of I-594. Now lets see if that is true with I-1639? I wonder what is going to happen to the Gun Shows here in Washington. Pray that this will be overturned soon. I guess that a person has to be turned down or denied the right to purchase a semi-automatic rifle because of age before a suit can be filed. It will happen, but it is just painfully slow.

On a side note. I hear that most gun shops were really busy over the weekend selling those last minute items. AR's etc. I wonder if the gun grabbers realize how much they helped gun sales?

To my knowledge not one person has been tried or convicted for violation of I-594. Now lets see if that is true with I-1639? I wonder what is going to happen to the Gun Shows here in Washington. Pray that this will be overturned soon. I guess that a person has to be turned down or denied the right to purchase a semi-automatic rifle because of age before a suit can be filed. It will happen, but it is just painfully slow.

On a side note. I hear that most gun shops were really busy over the weekend selling those last minute items. AR's etc. I wonder if the gun grabbers realize how much they helped gun sales?

It's not about what we have now but about what our kids won't have any opportunity to have. All my gun money will going to the cause I'm not buying anything else.

Move 3 create a registration, check
And add an ID card that needs to be carried whenever that firearm is being carried or used to prove it is registered.
This would force registration on those guns that will be carried and used.
I hope we never see anything like this but after what CA had done for ammo I don't see anything 'sacred' anymore.
Heck, in effect a person has to be 'registered' to buy anmo in CA - not just pass a background check.

Last Edited:
So I haven't read much about this 'training' requirement WA required to buy a semi auto rifle?
Where will one go to get this? Was this something just added 'on paper' without anything official in place to provide the training?

At least the people who dont comply with 594 can also not comply with 1639. Two birds with one stone and not deal with any of it.
I keep saying it, but it's funny how so many "will not comply" but if someone is even asked about a FTF transaction, make it seem like they will be calling the gestapo to "reeducate" you.
Even a simple request about separating an upper and lower before transfer can be met with "I'm not comfortable doing that"!?!

Not calling checkmate, but definitely check!
Sure, come and take them.....

As soon as I heard about 1639 I started squirreling away money to start buying the guns I've always wanted before July 1st. There are still 3 that I didn't get because I couldn't find them in time. As others stated I'm done buying guns and will now put the rest of that money towards fighting the good fight and ammo, lots and lots of ammo.

I strive to be the best at everything I do and if they wanna make me a criminal for doing nothing wrong, then I'll be the best damn criminal that Butt _ Bob Ferguson has ever seen. :D

Last Edited:
I keep saying it, but it's funny how so many "will not comply" but if someone is even asked about a FTF transaction, make it seem like they will be calling the gestapo to "reeducate" you.
Even a simple request about separating an upper and lower before transfer can be met with "I'm not comfortable doing that"!?!

Hypothetically I would imagine it would be hard to deal with strangers but I would imagine that there are plenty of groups of friends, neighbors and acquaintances that buy/sell/trade freely amongst themselves.

As soon as I heard about 1639 I started squirreling away money to start buying the guns I've always wanted before July 1st. There are still 3 that I didn't get because I couldn't find them in time. As others stated I'm done buying guns and will now put the rest of that money towards fighting the good fight and ammo, lots and lots of ammo.

I strive to be the best at everything I do and if they wanna make me a criminal for doing nothing wrong, then I'll be the best damn criminal that Butt Bob Ferguson has ever seen. :D

And welcome to NWFA. :)

If I know the person or have done deals with them in the past, then I'll ask. But if I don't know the person, I don't wanna chance it.

Hypothetically I would imagine it would be hard to deal with strangers but I would imagine that there are plenty of groups of friends, neighbors and acquaintances that buy/sell/trade freely amongst themselves.
Undoubtedly however I have heard of people who who have transcended to trusting strangers in FTF deals. I suspect a lot of these deals however take place with one, or both simply not knowing these new laws exist.

I look at any and all adds.
Then I do the math.

When I can make $5000 on a purchase that I also will enjoy for many years before selling?
Ya...……. I'll get off my butt and drive to an FFL in Washington.

That's me. I'm like that.

NWFA, cannot and won't condone breaking laws. Buy or sell a gun it should be done through an FFL...end of story.

Anymore posts that state to the contrary and this thread will unfortunately be closed.

Thank you.

If it is for sale in Vancouver then I look, but I wouldn't travel much north of that, and they generally won't travel south much to sell me a handgun. Now, rifle or handgun, they would probably need to come to Portland - I am not going to wait 30 days.

I strive to be the best at everything I do and if they wanna make me a criminal for doing nothing wrong, then I'll be the best damn criminal that Butt _ Bob Ferguson has ever seen. :D

Welcome but I have to ask, did you at least help to fight it?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top