JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.40 is the answer to a question no one asked.

Hi points are bubbleguming stupid.

Forward grips on AR's. No, you don't look like an operator, you look like a ritard.

Springfield XDs .45, god that thing was a turd

Taurus TCP, what a dog turd. I've never shot any Taurus and been like, "yeah, that's a nice shooting gun."

People who bout all the AR's during the last craze and still haven't shot them. WTF?!?

Any handgun caliber larger than .45 colt, not necessary at all.

Crappy optics on expensive guns. Why even bother?

Expensive optics on cheap guns. No, your Mossberg stupid AR wannabe converted air soft rifle does not need an eotech on it.

Everyone buying all the ammo!!!!!

AR conversion kits to .22. Here's a suggestion, if you want cheap practice ammo, learn to reload. Also, .22 isn't cheap anymore.

Anybody that uses the word "tactical," in my experience, has never even remotely had the need or been in a situation applicable to being "tactical"

When someone calls a shotgun a shotty. "English motherbubblegumer, do you speak it?!?"

People's disdain for a firearm when they have no experience with said firearm. All the guns I no like are because I have owned/fired them and they have been found lacking. I'm willing to give everything a chance. Found some really great pieces because of this.

Glocks are good, their fanboys are haumosexual, but the guns are pretty damn great all things considered.

I think that might be the end, maybe. Feels pretty great to air the frustration a bit.

7.62 x39, why waste time when x51 is still being made?

Oddball calibers, why? 7.62x51 is really still being made fellas!

What barachiah said...well said valid bubbleguming about idiots who'd convert a gun rather than reload and spend the money on an optic for a air soft that could buy me a fun new "tool" as that is what my guns are. Not toys little boys. They are tools and I use the hell out of them to make sure my tools do the job. If you are not reloading at this point then do not bubblegum about prices and lack of ammo. No I cannot shoot as often as a couple years back but I can shoot 200 rounds from a 50 round box and that is a hell of a lot of extra practice with my tools. The AR comment drives me nuts. Wtf is with you guys that bought a AR when you thought it was your last chance yet given you "needed" it why does it still have factory grease and a 100 dollar front grip along with optics you have no clue how to dial in or how close they are to dialed in. Given the need I will be in better shape with my 2 shot .22 that has a thousand or more down the 2 pipes than you fools with your AR you are trying to google to figure out how to install a recoil buffer on before you have even shot it. MFing kudos to 45 is as much power as you ever need. You do not even need that you need to be able to put a bullet on the paper. Those of you out there you know who you are. Go sell all but 3 guns since you cannot shoot any of them and keep a HD shotgun, a small concealed carry in 9 or .380 with sights and no a laser does not count, finally a full size 9,40, or 45 or a 4 inch barrel .357. Once you have done as I have said take your 3 guns..ask a friend how to oil them and clean factory grease out. Then shoot at least a thousand rounds through each one. Done? Now 1k more and then you can think about buying another gun. Yes you will be losing money since you spent 2k on your bushmaster but you are better off with a bat right now anyways. If you can not put every round of your full size pistol into a target at 50 feet repeat steps until you can. 25 feet for your small pistol and feel free to not compensate for a small penis with an ultra compact 45..you are not even close to there yet...I think I am done for now.

Not the end..Glocks also agreed. Great guns but seriously get over the drooling and learn to shoot it. I volunteer 2 posters before me to use my 2 inch double action derringer versus you with your Glock and I got my money on the men with my gun.

Just out of being bored an unable to sleep I had to post one thing I do disagree with. I agree that taurus autos are not good shooters from the ones I have fired. I would change my mind of someone put one in my hand and it shot great but that has yet to happen and that little .380 is a better throwing weapon than trusting my life on it. I can only speak for the Taurus guns I have shot and so far not so good except for the revolvers. I had a Rossi .357 made by taurus and that thing ran like a high end colt. I was accurate with it and put over 3k through it. The 605 taurus carry revolver is another I have put thousands of rounds through...the metal version not the new polly style which I cannot understand why the heck you would change up a good thing. I have owned 2 605s and both have had countless rounds through them and been as accurate and reliable as any revolver that size I have shot. I paid 250 brand new for that Rossi 971 4 inch .357 a few years back and it was the one of the best deals I have ever got on a solid reliable gun. With the Glocks again they are great shooters and reliable but my M&P is every bit as reliable and to me a better gun all the way around. Same price so its just what suits you better...in firing it not what your fan club says. I thought the statistics below are relevant here especially pay attention to the need to train with the weopons...not just own.
Some very interesting statistics and facts relative to gun ownership.

WORLD MURDER STATISTICS
From the World Health Organization:

The latest Murder Statistics for the world:
Murders per 100,000 citizens.

Honduras 91.6
El Salvador 69.2
Cote d'lvoire 56.9
Jamaica 52.2
Venezuela 45.1
Belize 41.4
US Virgin Islands 39.2
Guatemala 38.5
Saint Kits and Nevis 38.2
Zambia 38.0
Uganda 36.3
Malawi 36.0
Lesotho 35.2
Trinidad and Tobago 35.2
Colombia 33.4
South Africa 31.8
Congo 30.8
Central African Republic 29.3
Bahamas 27.4
Puerto Rico 26.2
Saint Lucia 25.2
Dominican Republic 25.0
Tanzania 24.5
Sudan 24.2
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 22.9
Ethiopia 22.5
Guinea 22.5
Dominica 22.1
Burundi 21.7
Democratic Republic of the Co ngo 21.7
Panama 21.6
Brazil 21.0
Equatorial Guinea 20.7
Guinea-Bissau 20.2
Kenya 20.1
Kyrgyzstan 20.1
Cameroon 19.7
Montserrat 19.7
Greenland 19.2
Angola 19.0
Guyana 18.6
Burkina Faso 18.0
Eritrea 17.8
Namibia 17.2
Rwanda 17.1
Mexico 16.9
Chad 15.8
Ghana 15.7
Ecuador 15.2
North Korea 15.2
Benin 15.1
Sierra Leone 14.9
Mauritania 14.7
Botswana 14.5
Zimbabwe 14.3
Gabon 13.8
Nicaragua 13.6
French Guiana 13.3
Papua New Guinea 13.0
Swaziland 12.9
Bermuda 12.3
Comoros 12.2
Nigeria 12.2
Cape Verde 11.6
Grenada 11.5
Paraguay 11.5
Barbados 11.3
Togo 10.9
Gambia 10.8
Peru 10.8
Myanmar 10.2
Russia 10.2
Liberia 10.1
Costa Rica 10.0
Nauru 9.8
Bolivia 8.9
Mozambique 8.8
Kazakhstan 8.8
Senegal 8.7
Turks and Caicos Islands 8.7
Mongolia 8.7
British Virgin Islands 8.6
Cayman Islands 8.4
Seychelles 8.3
Madagascar 8.1
Indonesia 8.1
Mali 8.0
Pakistan 7.8
Moldova 7.5
Kiribati 7.3
Guadeloupe 7.0
Haiti 6.9
Timor-Leste 6.9
Anguilla 6.8
Antigua and Barbuda 6.8
Lithuania 6.6
Uruguay 5.9
Philippines 5.4
Ukraine 5.2
Estonia 5.2
Cuba 5.0
Belarus 4.9
Thailand 4.8
Suriname .6
Laos 4.6
Georgia 4.3
Martinique 4.2
And ...................
The United States 4.2 !!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL the countries (109) above America have 100% gun bans.
It might be of interest to note that
SWITZERLAND (not shown on this list)
has NO MURDER OCCURRENCE!
However, SWITZERLAND'S law requires that EVERYONE....
1. Own a Gun
2. Maintain Marksman qualifications....regularly
3. "Carry"........a Weapon.

We never hear about this?
WORLD MURDER STATISTICS

Dealers who sell new guns...(or used for that matter) with a single magazine, when the gun was obviously shipped with two or three magazines, then sell the magazine at twice msrp. You see a lot of this on gun broker.

+1
Also dealers/sellers that sell a new or barely used firearm and swap out accesories with old beat up ones.

I've never been a fan of revolvers. I've bought dozens of guns but not one revolver. I think it's just my lack of experience with them and the low round count that always turned me off. But for looks and function I love them. I look at them all the time, but i've never been able to spending money on one.

I'm really looking to get over that fear soon ; )

"Mint in Box" anything.
Sure it's worth more, but what do you do with it, except take it out of the safe and show it off every once in awhile.

So you can brag to your cubicle friends about it. Probably show it off to all of the people they know and believe themselves to be Rambo as they watch action flicks with their gun next to them and assume that since Arnold or Bruce Willis is doing it they can pick up any gun and drop a guy between the eyes at 50 feet. To those who do decide to take the advice and go learn to shoot your weapons stay clear of freaking Estecada up in the forest. I was just up there and some of these scum bags are going to ruin it for me and everyone else. Haul your crap away that you brought in! I spoke with a ranger I know while shooting today and they are already thinking of closing it down. Leaving microwaves and things up there??!! Come on. Bring clay targets and paper targets, charcoal works for making a biodegradable puff of smoke with a rifle with scope or close in with a pistol. I want to sit up there and stake out the people ruining the place for me and people that respect the fact we have a good place to shoot. We will not have that soon if you goons keep bringing your garbage to blow up and leaving it there.

Why the revolver phobia? .357 is the caliber that takes the top of the list for most one shot kills year after year so with 6 shots and good ammo you are solid...of course with good shot placement but I carry a 5 shot .357 and feel fully armed on a regular basis. One speed loader in the pocket and I have 10 shots of a highly potent bad guy deterrent. Same with a .380. Usually holds 6 or 7 so not much more but nowhere near the reliability of a revolver or ease of use let alone power....that is in .357, 38 special is about equal to 9 or .380 critical defense these days with current defensive loads. If you want to shoot 38 by all means save money and shoot the heck out of it...out of your .357.

I really dislike it when SA handguns and lever rifles are referred to as 'cowboy' style. There is no 'cowboy' style gun. SA and lever guns just happened to be synonymous with the traditional era of the cowboy lifestyle, but many non-cowboys owned SA and lever guns also.

I don't care for single action revolvers.

OOOOOH! Dem's Fahtin' Werds!

To each his own. I have a prejudice against Glocks, although every one I've ever shot has impressed me to no end. I just can't understand why they could make such an accurate and reliable gun, and not make it look like two 2x2's nailed together. I thought the 1911 had a corner on the market of "blocky" appearance. It is a streamlined '49 Hudson compared to a Glock.

As to "cowboy style", it should be noted that the Thompson submachinegun was widely marketed in the West as the perfect "Cowboy Gun", with pictorial advertisements showing a Cowpoke, his horse, and his trusty "typewriter". (Full auto of course, prior to the beginning of all the legal nonsense we deal with today.)

*snip*

WORLD MURDER STATISTICS
From the World Health Organization:

The latest Murder Statistics for the world:
Murders per 100,000 citizens.

Honduras 91.6
El Salvador 69.2
Cote d'lvoire 56.9
Jamaica 52.2
Venezuela 45.1
Belize 41.4
US Virgin Islands 39.2
Guatemala 38.5
Saint Kits and Nevis 38.2
Zambia 38.0
Uganda 36.3
Malawi 36.0
Lesotho 35.2
Trinidad and Tobago 35.2
Colombia 33.4
South Africa 31.8
Congo 30.8
Central African Republic 29.3
Bahamas 27.4
Puerto Rico 26.2
Saint Lucia 25.2
Dominican Republic 25.0
Tanzania 24.5
Sudan 24.2
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 22.9
Ethiopia 22.5
Guinea 22.5
Dominica 22.1
Burundi 21.7
Democratic Republic of the Co ngo 21.7
Panama 21.6
Brazil 21.0
Equatorial Guinea 20.7
Guinea-Bissau 20.2
Kenya 20.1
Kyrgyzstan 20.1
Cameroon 19.7
Montserrat 19.7
Greenland 19.2
Angola 19.0
Guyana 18.6
Burkina Faso 18.0
Eritrea 17.8
Namibia 17.2
Rwanda 17.1
Mexico 16.9
Chad 15.8
Ghana 15.7
Ecuador 15.2
North Korea 15.2
Benin 15.1
Sierra Leone 14.9
Mauritania 14.7
Botswana 14.5
Zimbabwe 14.3
Gabon 13.8
Nicaragua 13.6
French Guiana 13.3
Papua New Guinea 13.0
Swaziland 12.9
Bermuda 12.3
Comoros 12.2
Nigeria 12.2
Cape Verde 11.6
Grenada 11.5
Paraguay 11.5
Barbados 11.3
Togo 10.9
Gambia 10.8
Peru 10.8
Myanmar 10.2
Russia 10.2
Liberia 10.1
Costa Rica 10.0
Nauru 9.8
Bolivia 8.9
Mozambique 8.8
Kazakhstan 8.8
Senegal 8.7
Turks and Caicos Islands 8.7
Mongolia 8.7
British Virgin Islands 8.6
Cayman Islands 8.4
Seychelles 8.3
Madagascar 8.1
Indonesia 8.1
Mali 8.0
Pakistan 7.8
Moldova 7.5
Kiribati 7.3
Guadeloupe 7.0
Haiti 6.9
Timor-Leste 6.9
Anguilla 6.8
Antigua and Barbuda 6.8
Lithuania 6.6
Uruguay 5.9
Philippines 5.4
Ukraine 5.2
Estonia 5.2
Cuba 5.0
Belarus 4.9
Thailand 4.8
Suriname .6
Laos 4.6
Georgia 4.3
Martinique 4.2
And ...................
The United States 4.2 !!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL the countries (109) above America have 100% gun bans.
It might be of interest to note that
SWITZERLAND (not shown on this list)
has NO MURDER OCCURRENCE!
However, SWITZERLAND'S law requires that EVERYONE....
1. Own a Gun
2. Maintain Marksman qualifications....regularly
3. "Carry"........a Weapon.

We never hear about this?
WORLD MURDER STATISTICS

Not quite all of those listed above the US have a "100% gun ban"

South African allows for firearms ownership. Mexico allows for firearms ownership. Russia and the Philippines allow for firearms ownership. Granted - most of these places strictly limit it, require licenses/hoops etc - but there is a way for citizens to own a gun. What ammo/if you're allowed to carry/etc is another story. Think of them like Illinois. Not 100% bans, but not like Vermont, Arizona, or Alaska either.

More guns in the hands of the law abiding populace = less crime, even the chief of Interpol admitted this recently.

I cant tolerate a firearm that is not capable of stacking ten rounds into a group where all holes touch each other Or wont group under 1" or less at a hundred. l like repetitive and repeatable precision.
Uniformity of bore Dia. from chamber to crown.
And cannot tolerate hard rough trigger pull. I like 2 stage and light crisp 2.0 to 2.5 # press off.

As to "cowboy style", it should be noted that the Thompson submachinegun was widely marketed in the West as the perfect "Cowboy Gun", with pictorial advertisements showing a Cowpoke, his horse, and his trusty "typewriter".
You must have 'heard' my thinking - as I almost added something similar to my post. I have an old book that shows one of those ads.

So you can brag to your cubicle friends about it. Probably show it off to all of the people they know and believe themselves to be Rambo as they watch action flicks with their gun next to them and assume that since Arnold or Bruce Willis is doing it they can pick up any gun and drop a guy between the eyes at 50 feet. To those who do decide to take the advice and go learn to shoot your weapons stay clear of freaking Estecada up in the forest. I was just up there and some of these scum bags are going to ruin it for me and everyone else. Haul your crap away that you brought in! I spoke with a ranger I know while shooting today and they are already thinking of closing it down. Leaving microwaves and things up there??!! Come on. Bring clay targets and paper targets, charcoal works for making a biodegradable puff of smoke with a rifle with scope or close in with a pistol. I want to sit up there and stake out the people ruining the place for me and people that respect the fact we have a good place to shoot. We will not have that soon if you goons keep bringing your garbage to blow up and leaving it there.

Are you talking about the pit at Memaloose? Haven't seen microwaves there in a couple of years. I've been helping clean it for several years and might look at setting up a cleanup next year.

ARs with pencil barrels. Rifles with metal on metal noise that need to be taped down. ARs outside cqb AOs with flashlights giving away your pos. Plastic flip up sights. Rifles without slings. Unpainted weapons. Rifles without optics. Dry weapons. 1911s out of the box that don't operate. 1911s. Thumb safety's on handguns. Trigger safety's. Grip safety's.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews