JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
+1 on the scratches. Truck or firearm. I can't stand when selling a gun that people get turned off by holster wear.
Someone once told me if you ever buy a brand new car take it home and scratch it. That was the stress of keeping it perfect is gone.

My biggest pet peeve is gun classifieds. People selling used or highly used firearms for the same price I can go buy them brand new! For what! I guess cause it doesn't have papers with your name on it. Crazy

Do not take the lifted truck comment the wrong way. I have no issues with someone lifting a rig and throwing on a brushguard, pully and whatever else you want. I just cannot get my head around doing that and never putting it to use. I have had my truck for 15 years and although it has scratches from tree limbs, blackberry bushes and anything else that attacks you on a dirt road or hauling pretty much anything you can name over 15 years the old truck still runs strong as the day I drove it off the lot and took it up camping. I just hate the idea of spending all that money if it is not going to get used. "asphalt wheelers" is a perfect description of what I despise. Same with a gun that is never shot. I have a couple .380s that hold 6 +1 and the sig p230 and the old ppk are solid as rocks. If you use your 1911 you are not the kinda person I am talking about. Agreed as well on the massive extra power but I know too many people who only take their 1911 out to oil it and look at it.

To me a gun is a tool. It is something that you get for a purpose. I have never walked into home depot and said do you a 200 dollar pretty shovel and that drill with 500 dollar grips and a 3 pound trigger. I want my tool to work and I want to shoot the hell out of it to be sure it works anytime my family, myself, or random person has help if the situation came to the need for that kind of use of the tool I carry. I definately do not want to get overly upset that my tool got a scratch on it.

I think you have touched on the exact point. We all have guns we love or hate for all kinds of reasons (most of them valid).
Bottom line is if you have one on my “hate list” but you know how to use it and are proficient at using it because of your experience in using it, then you have my respect.
I still reserve the right to hate though… Just cuz I can :winkkiss:

+1 on the scratches. Truck or firearm. I can't stand when selling a gun that people get turned off by holster wear.
Someone once told me if you ever buy a brand new car take it home and scratch it. That was the stress of keeping it perfect is gone.

My biggest pet peeve is gun classifieds. People selling used or highly used firearms for the same price I can go buy them brand new! For what! I guess cause it doesn't have papers with your name on it. Crazy

I agree with you on the used gun thing - Why would I buy your used gun for the same price as a new one - This of course doesn't apply to antiques:)

Ak's not in 7.62x39

The price of HK rifles - stamped/bent sheet metal receivers, plastic stocks, etc that they charge $4000 for, used.

Clone guns that don't work like the originals.

Taurus firearms. I've owned one that was good. Every other Taurus I shot, and those owned by friends / family members have all broken. They have a great warranty. You'll likely need it.

Overly blinged out "tactical" rifles. I see the utility in an optic, irons, and a light. That's about it. Leave the can opener in the kitchen.

.22lr caliber AR's, and conversion kits that cost what a centerfire caliber gun costs.

.22's that cost $300 in general - I'm not on the olympic shooting team. I don't need a $500 .22 to kill soda bottles or squirrels.

Gun makers who sell semi-auto, detachable magazine fed rifles or pistols - then only include 1 magazine with it. Then they charge you $50 for additional mags - if you can find them.

I hate that Ruger `10/22's approach $300 new. I want a 10/22. I don't want to pay $250 for one. Guess I'll be looking at Marlin or Mossberg again...

.40SW - I've owned and shot enough guns in this caliber to say I hate it, and see no reason for it. It has less capacity than a 9mm, and doesn't poke as big a hole as a .45ACP. Meh.

The cost of the Beretta Storm carbine. It debuted as a $450 gun. Now you can't find them for under $850.

Lasers on iron sights.

Bayonets on pistols

Guys who can afford nicer guns than mine and the piles of ammo to shoot through them

Guys with bigger members, hotter wives, bigger bank accounts, newer cars, and better jobs than mine

Pistols and rifles without iron sights.

Finely a place to vent!
AK's with plastic stocks and quad rails. The AK was built to have cheap wood! I also don't like the Tommy pistol or any tommy with out the drum mag. The tommy SBR with stick mag is ok.

Finely a place to vent!
AK's with plastic stocks and quad rails. The AK was built to have cheap wood! I also don't like the Tommy pistol or any tommy with out the drum mag. The tommy SBR with stick mag is ok.

I think the 1921 with the horizontal fore grip and stick mag are classics. That being said, the drum makes it totally badass. And I prefer my rifles and things to have wood in the first place. It holds up better when you have to "El Kabong!" someone with it.

This made me sad. Can't change the way anyone feels, but the German's are good people and they still suffer a notable identity crisis and confused patriotism because of the War. It permeates their society. Not to create a pity party, just that I never met anyone who was proud of what their forefathers participated in willingly or not and that our economies are not altogether independent.

This.

I spent three years in Germany in the early 1980s. I talked to a butt-load of Germans about WW2. They were, without exception ashamed. Deeply, sincerely. And it held in their kids and grandkids.

No one is alive today that had anything to do with the holocaust or Nazi atrocities. No one in Germany oputside of a tiny minority of neo-nazis is in ANY denial of what happened. (Unlike Japan).

The Germans have 300+ years of enlightenment, culture, tolerance for hated minorities (The German state welcomed Jews for two centuries before Hitler was born) and in general, pretty good acting in comparison with ALL of their European counterparts. 12 years of horror don't undo all of that. The fact that EVEN TODAY, young Germans whose PARENTS weren't even BORN during the war still feel a national shame about those twelve years is enough to get me to give it a break.

Contrast this to Japan, where they still deny that THEIR holocaust (20 million Chinese and human vivisection) EVEN HAPPENED, and you have someone to actually be unhappy with. The Germans aren't in that lot. Not even kinda sorta.

old military rifles with modern scopes (excluding scopes that were actually made for specific rifles the time they both came out from) (i.e. The P/U style scope for the Mosin Nagant series of rifles are scopes that i like)

some 22LR AR rifles, 22 UZIs, blah blah blah.

This.

Contrast this to Japan, where they still deny that THEIR holocaust (20 million Chinese and human vivisection) EVEN HAPPENED, and you have someone to actually be unhappy with. The Germans aren't in that lot. Not even kinda sorta.

We will never learn, the human skin is about 2-3 mm or .10 inches thick that defines our color. Our cultures are defines by what we do and in turn makes us who we are. Yet we continue to base our prejudices.
History clearly show that democrats were huge slave owners and were even against revoking hanging of black in the early 1900's
I am pretty sure no democrats own slaves now yet at election that comes up.

Point is we need to learn something that no nation or civilization before us has learned, the value is in what a man does
himself ! My wifes family has deep German heritage so much so when they came over they changed their name to make it not sound German because of their shame back in the 40's. Sadly the great nation they had is clouded over because of this act by one man.

Agreed about Germany. It is now a great place to live. The country does still feel shame but that in itself as stated here shows the change. It is a completely different place that would wipe those years of the books if they could. We are in the middle of a few issues down the road we may wish people will not hate all Americans for. Do unto others my friend.

I've met a few Germans through the years, and can honestly say I liked them all. The deep regret their nation as whole feels is in large part because of the 40's, butalmost as much it is about Munich in 72. They tried so very hard as a nation to prove they had evolved beyond NAZIism, but with the actions of a few raical bastards it was all for nothing.

With that, I'd like to point out that from the bits and pieces I see about Germany in the news, they are a very rabid democracy. They take it MUCH more seriously than we do here.

Dealers who sell new guns...(or used for that matter) with a single magazine, when the gun was obviously shipped with two or three magazines, then sell the magazine at twice msrp. You see a lot of this on gun broker.

For me -

I'm not big of Taurus firearms. I like some of their revolvers, just not their semis.
Pump-action rifles....I just don't get it. Not shotguns, rifles.
AR's that have too much stuff hanging off them.

Fun thread. To begin with, I am a Fudd. I really have no real love for much built later than the early 60s. ( with a few exceptions ) My collection reflects this. I dont really care for anything plastic, although I do own 1 Glock. Bought it for my daughter. I like older somewhat obscured or even semi obsolescent calibers. I like cast bullets, Elmer Keith, and paper patched bullets. I like Savage 99s, .257 Roberts, and H&R Toppers. I like and have a modest collection of early Colt and S&W revolvers. I have a lifetime supply of Herters "spitzer" bullets in many bore diameters. My everyday carry battery are a S&W 64 no dash snubby and a Colt Police Positive Special, both you guessed it....38 Specials. Had enough AR/M16 in the service to last me. My idea of a home defense carbine is a late 40s Winchester 94 or my M1 Carbine.
I love what I love and you all love what you love. I love the 2nd Amendment and I support yor right to own and use anything you wish, even if I loathe it. I stand opposed to anyone who tries to tell you different. P.S. I own a Raven .25 acp, my wife is clearly unattractive, but Ive been told I possess an exceptional member.

Here comes the Hate....:s0131:

I don't like 1911's. They're awkward for someone with small hands and if I wanted to pull a hammer back, I'd buy a single action revolver.

I don't like The US Rifle cal.30 M1. The 8rnd. clip was a PIA. They should have left it the way Browning designed it, with a detachable box magazine.

I don't trust any rifle,or shotgun where the bolt comes out of the receiver to cock the hammer. Had a shot shell rim rupture once and an old Marlin 12ga. blew hot gas back into my eyes.

I really think AR's are ugly, but I have 5 of them in different calibers....;) Go figure...:huh:

Jack...:cool: PS...For the rest of you "Mouse Hunters" out there.....I've got a .25 Raven too.

A raven .25 is a great little gun in those situations that a suit or tight fitting clothes are needed. In those events a .22 high standard derringer is what is in my pocket. I have practiced enough with it that at 10 feet 2 to the head of a paper target is average...not consistent placement in the head but somewhere on the face either way. Better than a knife and if not then my Kershaw is always with me as it never runs out of ammo.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top