JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've always used a snickers bar to judge inflation. My mom says in the early 60s they were a nickel. In 1987 they were a quarter. Today they are about $1.50. Hello, bureaucrats, that is a lot more then double. If it was double, they would be 50 cents.

1920px-Inflation_federal_funds_rate.png

I go by milk, bread and meat, which are affected by energy (fuel, fertilizer, etc.) and wages - IMO.

View attachment 1048557

I go by milk, bread and meat, which are affected by energy (fuel, fertilizer, etc.) and wages - IMO.
This is generally how we gauge inflation, especially Oregon with all it's extra's tacked on!
The other is fuel prices, especially propane and kerosene!

AV-100LL is currently $5.36 per gallon, up almost 2 bucks from pre Biden! That's an awful lot of cheddar!

Alot of the problems in this country are caused by liberals and so if it comes down to it then it may be required to make them an offer they cant refuse
They volunteer us and our tax dollars to everyone else so maybe once in a while we donate their things

This is generally how we gauge inflation, especially Oregon with all it's extra's tacked on!
The other is fuel prices, especially propane and kerosene!

AV-100LL is currently $5.36 per gallon, up almost 2 bucks from pre Biden! That's an awful lot of cheddar!
I am fortunate in that I am no longer a strong consumer of petroleum products. I drive about one tenth what I used to drive.

There are the knock on effects though - fuel driving up the prices of everything else. OTOH, unlike when I was employed, Social Security has automatic COLAs.

View attachment 1048557

But milk is kept intentionally low by the .gov. They also subsidize grain and meat industries. I'm not sure that's a good indicator. They also subsidize sugar and probably peanuts, so I'm not sure my snickers are a good indicator either. But milk has not gone up 500-600% in 40 years. Maybe doubled. It was around $2/gal for many, many years, all through the 90s and 2000s. Not sure what it is today, because we don't drink it anymore. But I don't think it's more than $4/gal, is it? It was $1.49 when I was a teenager in the 80s.

Interesting. I worked at a grocery store for 17 years and a gallon of regular milk was $2.29 when I left in 2005. That was in SoCal.
Pre Covid we were getting whole milk for under $2.00 per gallon for store brand, today it fluctuates between $1.98 and $4.50 depending on store chain and gourmet name brand/organic status, average is $2.89 to $3.56 for store brand milk, which is a pretty substantial increase in such a short time! Sugar is also up about $.60 cents, and meats, particularly beef is way up, almost double the pre Covid price per pound!

I've always used a snickers bar to judge inflation. My mom says in the early 60s they were a nickel. In 1987 they were a quarter. Today they are about $1.50. Hello, bureaucrats, that is a lot more then double. If it was double, they would be 50 cents.
I think a lot of that right now are the sin taxes that are placed on certain items such as soda, candy and other "unhealthy" foods that our great overlords are trying to save us from.

New inflation numbers out tomorrow (based on the new calculation). If we went by the old calculation they used before 1980 we'd be at 13% inflation. But that's too high of number to show the commoners. So they have a new calculation so the number looks a lot nicer around 5.7%

Weird that Germany's inflation numbers are at a 29 year high.

Pre Covid we were getting whole milk for under $2.00 per gallon for store brand, today it fluctuates between $1.98 and $4.50 depending on store chain and gourmet name brand/organic status, average is $2.89 to $3.56 for store brand milk, which is a pretty substantial increase in such a short time! Sugar is also up about $.60 cents, and meats, particularly beef is way up, almost double the pre Covid price per pound!
q09yk24eo4s71.jpg

I can't remember the last time I drank milk, but cat food has gotten super expensive and the prescription type I need for one of mine is now very difficult to find.
My special large breed puppy chow went from $34.99 a bag to $49.99 in a year! That's a YUGE increase in just a year! The adult dog food is also up, but not that much!

I get a COLA raise in that income based on inflation.
If only that were true. We get COLA adjustments based on the CPI. The CPI is not a realistic measure of inflation. The CPI excludes food and energy, which constitute a major portion of most people's spending. The Bureau of Labor Statistics further depresses the CPI by making what are called hedonic adjustments. That is, if the price of an item in the CPI "shopping cart" increases, the BLS will substitute a less expensive similar item. The whole idea is to keep down the cost of federal entitlement programs (now over 60% of the federal budget), which are tied by law to the CPI. A realistic measure of inflation would break the bank.

If only that were true. We get COLA adjustments based on the CPI. The CPI is not a realistic measure of inflation. The CPI excludes food and energy, which constitute a major portion of most people's spending. The Bureau of Labor Statistics further depresses the CPI by making what are called hedonic adjustments. That is, if the price of an item in the CPI "shopping cart" increases, the BLS will substitute a less expensive similar item. The whole idea is to keep down the cost of federal entitlement programs (now over 60% of the federal budget), which are tied by law to the CPI. A realistic measure of inflation would break the bank.
Spot on
It's the same manipulative BS they use with unemployment statistics.:mad:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class