JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am going to make an attempt at creating my own food shortage (variety wise) by eating mostly from the following list of food types.

Ramen noodles
Rice
Eggs
Meat
Cheese
Vegetables
Tortillas
Nuts/Nut Butters
Cereal
Dairy
Oil

I have been binging on pop tarts, cookies, crackers, candy, granola bars, etc as those foods have been available at super cheap prices per calorie lately. By cutting way back on those foods, it will drive up my grocery cost but hopefully make it easier to take off a few pounds.
When I was a young man, I decided to find out exactly what would happen if I ate only pinto beans for a few days. So I did that. Morning, noon, night - and for snacks.

It was hilarious - but weird. My skin actually started to smell like cooked pinto beans.

After three days, there was pretty much one continuous, silent fart escaping. No way to control it. Pretty sure the other shipyard workers wanted to kill me.

Binged on raw garlic once, too. My entire body smelled like garlic.

Ah, the adventures of my experimental youth.

Grocery outlet came through with meat deals this morning.

Hebrew dogs .97 each, bought 4 packs

Polska dogs 2 for .97 bought 10 packs

Little smokies .99 bought last pack.

20231202_090802.jpg

Last Edited:
Not about cals, about hormones that decide if those cals are stored as fat. Just sayin; broken record.
A big candy bar or a 8-oz steak may have the exact same calories. Guess which one will make you fat or worse?
That said NICE meat grab above.

Over-fishing is the main problem

Over-fishing is the main problem

Maybe it's overpopulation of humans?

Root cause yes.

To be clear, I did not mean over-fishing by the indigenous peoples, I meant over-fishing by commercial vessels.
My point still stands. As long as cultures and businesses rely on mass harvesting to sell everywhere without regards to sustainability and management of stock; theres still too many people on the planet to sustain the numbers needed for feed stock.

Edit. Won't be surprised if such practices lead to eventual extinctions of fishes, game animals, and so forth.

My point still stands. As long as cultures and businesses rely on mass harvesting to sell everywhere without regards to sustainability and management of stock; theres still too many people on the planet to sustain the numbers needed for feed stock.

Edit. Won't be surprised if such practices lead to eventual extinctions of fishes, game animals, and so forth.
I completely agree

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top