JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sometimes shop at a store that sells to both the public and restaurants.
2 weeks ago I went in to get butts and ribs for the smoker.

The meat locker was 75-80% empty.
Both pork and beef.....nada.
The prices on what remained were stunning.
...and this is a pretty good sized room. Maybe 75x20 feet.
Mostly empty except for processed meats and dairy.

Freezer section and dry goods shelves 30-40% empty.

I don't think the average consumer understands how badly the politicians and their media dogs have buggered this economy.

Last Edited:
I heard Buffalo Wild Wings was short on chicken wings. Which, would be kind of funny except it's real.

If this keeps going we'll wind up with bread lines.
Wingstop has been rebranding as Thighstop for the better part of the past year... and this is all by design, a starving populace is a compliant one for whoever tosses them a table scrap to feed their kids with.

Look at Stalin with Ukraine...

I checked with a farmer friend about that video. He hasn't been able to confirm any of it - but we'll see. If I hear of anyone getting that kind of letter from the government, I'll try to remember to post the information here.
Crop subsidies and control by the gov have been around as long as I can remember.

The gov pays some farmers to NOT grow certain crops so that there is not too much of that crop. It keeps prices at a level where farmers can make a profit.

The gov also pays some farmers to grow certain crops - e.g., corn for ethanol.

About twenty years ago on this forum or another just like it I was asked what would be the most valuable commodity in the future. I replied a clean source of water. I remember that got a lot of laughs back then. Maybe not so much now. Healthy foods of course a close second. Literally Trillions have been printed over the last 18 months due to the scam and the only possible result must eventually be crazy inflation of all necessary items.
Things like precious metals, or even ammo, take a far back seat to water and food.

Went grocery shopping yesterday and my favorite soup cost 29 cents more than last time per can. Folks will run out of money before the food runs out.
Prices have increased as you noted. A year or two ago I could get a decent can of name brand chili for 88 cents on sale, not it is $1.30 a can.

That said, there have been empty shelves, and when that happens, $ won't buy food unless you have a neighbor that has a LOT more food than they will ever need. Even then, they may decide to just hang onto it.

And then......

So, I wonder when AF#1 be using this stuff? Nah.....

Imagine...... gasoline was actually cheaper this week in Hawaii vs. WA, OR or in CA. Though to be fair.....a lot of taxes have been added since a few years back.

Yesterday....
I paid.....$3.539 per gallon in Portland, OR for unleaded regular (I passed by most of the other $3.699 places) .......while at Costco Hawaii, my brother paid $3.499 a gallon.

My son paid $3.939 for premium in OR while my sister in CA paid $4.159.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
About twenty years ago on this forum or another just like it I was asked what would be the most valuable commodity in the future. I replied a clean source of water. I remember that got a lot of laughs back then. Maybe not so much now. Healthy foods of course a close second. Literally Trillions have been printed over the last 18 months due to the scam and the only possible result must eventually be crazy inflation of all necessary items.
Things like precious metals, or even ammo, take a far back seat to water and food.
I agree with you when it comes to potable WATER and food.

Throw in clean AIR.

LOOK at the increase in .gov - EXPANSION from 9/11/01 until now and not just this crazy - horrific spending with Trump and BIDEN. THIS BIDEN MESS - OMG!

(Don't get me started on LBJ and the Great Society crapola now!)

I would not have laughed at you and, in fact, I said some of the same things on OLD, old, long gone private/public boards PLUS on some MSN, YAHOO, etc. forums/boards.

Old Lady Cate

2022? Hmmm. :)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070723/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 8.04.23 PM.png

Safeway was completely sold out of Fresca today. The whole soda isle looked like the TP isle last year.

Are people still so stocked up on TP they are filling themselves up with diabetes water in an effort to use up their supply?

If I can't have a gin & Fresca gimlet during the apocalypse, I'm going to start using up some of this 10mm on some fools.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top