JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
20211012_191523.jpg 20211012_191711.jpg 20211012_191633.jpg

Heavily redacted beef market report .

Yeah didn't happen - I still have PTSD from being married - that is one reason why I still am not married again and probably never will be - again.

Same here. Happily divorced for 11+ years now! :D

I don't claim to have PTSD from my marriage and subsequent divorce, but Momma didn't raise a fool either, so I'll never get hitched again.
At this point in my life, I stand to lose way more than whatever I might gain from another marriage, should that second marriage also go down the tubes.

My creed going forward is: "Money can't buy love, but it sure can rent some high-class affection..." ;)

PTSD in this case must mean: Penile Turgidity Staying Deficiency

:s0029:

We buy the two pound box of Bob's Red Mill Steel cut oats which have two one pound bags from Costco. When Costco did not have them then we buy smaller bags from Fred Meyer.

Last Edited:
We buy the two pound box of Bob's Red Mill Steel cut oats which have two one pound bags from Costco. When Costco did not have them then we buy smaller bags from Fred Meyer.
I cold soak rolled oats and raisins or dried blueberries etc. overnight in milk in the fridge. Dried and packaged 30 year milk and oats both come from one of the many local Bishops Storehouses.

No concerns for some people......

Key words : Swipe Yo EBT (you probably seen that one)

So, for something that you might not have seen.

But WAIT....there's more.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....Californians.....Yeah....it's what they wanted.

Last Edited:
Not so much worried by a food shortage…. ….. maybe a bit about an AFFORDABLE food shortage though. :s0092:
( or, a shortage of food that you actually want to eat :s0170:)
This is what I have been saying for a while now; that energy, food, water, shelter, arable land, these things that we need to live/survive, will only get more expensive (i.e., increase the percentage of our non-discretionary spending) to the point where it is very problematic for not just those in poverty, but also for most of the middle class.

Therefore, it will be advantageous to become more self-sufficient in these living expenses. To buy arable land to live on and grow some/much of our own food, with a dependable water source, that is defendable (as much as possible), to have an alternative source of energy (besides the grid) and shelter that uses the minimum amount of energy to keep us alive (preferably comfortable too).

Look at how much real estate prices have increased in the last decade; my property has doubled in market value.

Look at how much fuel and vehicles for transportation has increased in cost.

Look at food costs - which depends on a lot of other factors that are increasing in cost (fuel/energy, land, water, transport, labor, machinery, materials such as fertilizer, herbicides/pesticides and seed).

Sure there will be ups and downs, but the general trend long term is increasing costs, in part due to finite resources having to be divided among a larger and larger human population.

That works out to be around a 7% ror.
Yup

I got about the same return in my 401K/IRAs

But the benefit of "owning" my house is that when I sell, I will have lived here for free and I will make a profit, despite the fact that I pay 4% interest, property taxes and insurance.

That said, to get back on point, land will only get more expensive - it is a finite resource.

I've given homeless people food and clothes, and misc items, in person over the years. Have worked behind the scenes of a couple large charities and 90% are scumbags that turn their charity into a profitable enterprise for themselves. BIG names included.

A voice in my head often says "Hey dummy that case of beans might save you, don't give it away." The appreciation you get is worth it though.

One poor old lady in a tent by herself over off Nicolai was terrified of me pulling up at first, but that all changed when I loaded about 100lbs of canned meat, some lights, plastic utensils, and of course a can opener in front of her tent. Also left her some Kimber pepper spray and a home defense canister. Never seen someone cry so much.

I know a lot of people have a dislike for the homeless, they threaten the status quo, seen as leeches, etc.

The truth is a decent percentage are really good people just caught in really bad times. In Portland right now if you lost your income/job/home and hit the skids there is a waiting list of 8-16 months to get a cot in a homeless shelter. You really don't have a choice about become a 'bum.'

Met many people 60+ that simply are not hire-able any where, and then looking for a place to sleep. There are people out there scared shi+less.

It is a little off topic (charity threads are OLD) and I know if/when we are in a real SHTF scenario it is more about dropping into survival mode, but thought I'd share.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top